It's time again - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > It's time again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 398 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 588

I stopped tithing at church and giving as close to 10% of my income as I can to the NRA since they are really honestly fighting the devil.
I think God would be cool with it.

Hey..... what's the red button do?

People Like This 
Old 01-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5541 Times on 3136 Posts
Likes Given: 4839

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMercer View Post
I stopped tithing at church and giving as close to 10% of my income as I can to the NRA since they are really honestly fighting the devil.
I think God would be cool with it.
I will always tithe. But I stopped giving my tithe to the church several years ago, since they support gun control and several other issues i dissagree with.

My "ten percent to the Lord" now goes to local people in need through no fault of their own.

You'd be surprised how many people need help after being robbed, or assaulted, and how many need assistance for food, lodging, transportation, etc while a family member is in an out of town hospital.

There are also occassional things sponsored by the church, such as refurbishing water wells, rebuilding houses, etc in poor areas that deserve support.

Sometimes ya gotta look, but you can always find a way to give back to the Lord through individual charity.

Winston Churchill
People Like This 
Old 01-21-2013, 08:23 AM   #13

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

That's why i like my church they stay entirely out of politics unless it is about something that goes against our teachings. So my church still gets 10% of my money.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:54 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 190 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
In an email I got from GOA it said someone bought Piers Morgan a membership.
Maybe we should get together and buy him the prettiest engraved, walnut gripped 1911. Take him out, and get him hooked on gongs, and then the little f#cker could run his mouth for our side. He is a little prick, but maybe we need a prick on our side to talk loudly over the anti's voices, and try to intimidate them for a change.

Well, I guess that could be a bad Idea, and if people agree, if we already bought the gun, had it engraved, and had the gun laying around, I would proudly accept it for the little pecker-head, and say the mantra, "Piers Morgan" every time I pulled the trigger on a metal gong

Too much, huh. Should have just stopped at peckerhead.

The idle ramblings of a tired mind

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

Old 01-31-2013, 07:07 AM   #15

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM2Grunt View Post

He is a little prick, but maybe we need a prick on our side to talk loudly over the anti's voices, and try to intimidate them for a change.

We already have a "prick" who's standing up for us-ever heard of Uncle Teddy, Theodocious Atrocious Nugent???? Most people hate him......even in the gun community.

I already contributed to them.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:10 PM   #16

Yeah, please contribute. Wayne needs another $2000 suit for his next big television blunder. Ted Nugent is a nut case. I say replace Wayne with Tom Selleck. Tom won't make the nra look so bad.
As far as giving to a church goes, I stopped going to church years ago when they kept telling the congregation who to vote for. I then became an agnostic.
CT

Old 01-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #17
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21512 Times on 12214 Posts
Likes Given: 53555

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
Yeah, please contribute. Wayne needs another $2000 suit for his next big television blunder. Ted Nugent is a nut case. I say replace Wayne with Tom Selleck. Tom won't make the nra look so bad.
As far as giving to a church goes, I stopped going to church years ago when they kept telling the congregation who to vote for. I then became an agnostic.
CT
i'm sorry CT, but you're bashing the NRA is really getting old. if you don't want to be a member, and for whatever reasons, then fine. but this bashing them everytime someone mentions the NRA is really getting stale and making you look bad.

is the NRA perfect? no they aren't, but then again any organization it's size has problems and will have. but they are their doing what needs to be done to protect our freedoms and rights. what are you doing other than bashing on the NRA?

if Wayne needs a $2000 suit to look professional against those other politicians in Washington DC and fight them, so be it. i guess in your estimation he should show up in overalls and ballcap looking like redneck white trash! yeah, all those DC politicians would really take him serious then?

you have stated your opinion on the NRA, and just about everyone here on the forum has heard it. time to move past it. like i said it's getting old.
People Like This 
Old 01-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #18

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
CT
And quickly progressed to a major bore

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 01-31-2013, 04:22 PM   #19

Default "old?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i'm sorry CT, but you're bashing the NRA is really getting old. if you don't want to be a member, and for whatever reasons, then fine. but this bashing them everytime someone mentions the NRA is really getting stale and making you look bad.

is the NRA perfect? no they aren't, but then again any organization it's size has problems and will have. but they are their doing what needs to be done to protect our freedoms and rights. what are you doing other than bashing on the NRA?

if Wayne needs a $2000 suit to look professional against those other politicians in Washington DC and fight them, so be it. i guess in your estimation he should show up in overalls and ballcap looking like redneck white trash! yeah, all those DC politicians would really take him serious then?

you have stated your opinion on the NRA, and just about everyone here on the forum has heard it. time to move past it. like i said it's getting old.

My views may be getting "old," but everyone always preaching to the choir is getting very BORING.
So you have made a rule that anyone can post as long as the post agrees with everyone else's point of view.
Remember what Aldous Huxley said, "We become like those we hate."
CT

Last edited by cottontop; 01-31-2013 at 04:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 01-31-2013, 04:29 PM   #20
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21512 Times on 12214 Posts
Likes Given: 53555

Quote:
My views may be getting "old," but everyone always preaching to the choir is getting very BORING.
So you have made a rule that anyone can post as long as the post agrees with everyone else's point of view.
Remember what Aldus Huxley said, "We become like those we hate."
CT
Hmmmm....didn't your thread you started on this subject get locked down because of your flaming views? IIRC, i even think some of your posts even got deleted by the mods?

stating your reasons or opinions is one thing, but you seem to want to take it to another level of trying to bash the NRA and it's board and members every chance you get. that's what's getting old.

and yes i am an NRA member! so is my wife, my father and several other family members.
People Like This