Issues with New York Gun Laws - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Issues with New York Gun Laws

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #11
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7101 Times on 4274 Posts
Likes Given: 8608

I think it is very difficult to be an LEO in any big city. I know in Chicago the politicians are so corrupt and it trickles down to many of the city departments. I have never been a cop and I can't begin to judge someone if I have never been in their shoes.

I really don't like "cop bashing" threads. There are many great officers who are members of this forum and I know of two great officers who rarely come to this forum anymore because they got tired of the cop bashing here on FTF.

It's not fair to do general 'cop bashing' like this thread. If you want to talk of the specific actions of a particular officer, that might be a little more fair. But to bash a whole states police departments just isn't right, in my opinion.

If you think you can do a better job in such a stressful position, become a police officer. Me? I know I'd be a crappy police officer because I'd be terrified of the bad guys. I'll stick with what I do best and let those who are good at being LEO's do their thing.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 03-02-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Sometimes cops pull us kids over for nothing. "because it looked like we didn't stop at a stop sign" our when my rear tire clipped a curb and the leo thought I was on drugs. There were times we deserved it like when we had 9 people in my cousins torus. The only time I thought they were out of line was making me do a field sobriety test after hitting the curb. But that was one time out of the countless times I've been pulled over that they kinda went too far. Yeah I got crabby cops before but if you are polite and calm it makes things go smoothly. I've been able to get out of speeding tickets that way. I guess I'm lucky that I'm far enough out side of chicago that cops are for the most part cool if you are cool to them.

Remington 870 12 Ga. Supermag
Springfield XDS .45acp

Old 03-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 870 Times on 525 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Not to be knocking anyone else's hometown- but LA, SF, Chicago, NYC, Baltimore- how did you folks let things get so far off with your LEOs and your government?
Even in my small town, it's an issue. I have no idea why citizen complaints are not heard or dealt with. I directly talked to the chief about why his officers did not shut down a teen drinking party. His officers stood there and directly lied to us, and even better when back to the host of the party and named me as complaining to the chief... and yet nothing is done. City council is the good ole boy network, and their chief is beloved and can do no wrong... So now what?

Old 03-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
I live in a rural county, Sheriff's Dept (elected Sheriff) and a few State Troopers. We expect LEOs to be civil, professional, and part of the community. We expect to bump into them at the local restaurant, working the local 4th Friday Concert, coaching the Little League, fishing with his or HER kids down at the lake.

Not to be knocking anyone else's hometown- but LA, SF, Chicago, NYC, Baltimore- how did you folks let things get so far off with your LEOs and your government?
in the city boys defense C3, cops can do whatever the **** they want. "oh you can vote, or you can complain" yea, but voting doesnt work, and compaints? -ha. might as well write an angry letter then throw it away. its not like the people can rise up against even a crooked dept, the police have free reign to do whatever the hell pleases them and there isnt a damn thing you can do about it. much like the OP i feel great disdain for police.

thats why i stopped buying shooting magazines all together. cause its all full of police crap. i especially enjoy the bull "my ccw story" or "it happened to me" articles by those cops, knowing full well if i did anything close to there response in that situation, id have there knee in the back of my neck.

but i do agree in the point that southern cops are way different and pretty cool. love the hell out of sheriff dept and highway patrol.

<Insert overused badass Latin phrase about war, or something>

Any one that hates the government is not always a terrorist. Any one for a better America is not always a patriot.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5662 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 375

if you have a very specific incident that involved you personally and a police over reach then repost your experiences and lets discuss. but from past experience with this type of topic its not going anywhere good. we have a lot of police officers that are members here and generic police bashing is not a good area anymore than bashing our military members.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #16
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I have re titled this thread.

Police are doing a job the legislators in your area have charged them to do.

Enforcing laws is not the negative aspect, the negative aspect is that your representatives thinking poorly of you as a gun owner.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Closed Thread