Inventorying Legal Issues - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Inventorying Legal Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 12:08 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I found recording booklets at several of the local gun shows that were made available by a couple of the 2A friendly legislators for free that you can record info and pictures of your guns in. They were well made and hold a number of entries. I record our personal collection in them and keep the records in our fireproof safe.

I have no issue with keeping your records on a computer, but unless you keep it backed up in the cloud, if something catastrophic happens to the 'puter, your records are in jepoardy. Kudos to nm for putting something together for those that wish to keep computer records to use.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #12

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjnfirearms View Post
I found recording booklets at several of the local gun shows that were made available by a couple of the 2A friendly legislators for free that you can record info and pictures of your guns in. They were well made and hold a number of entries. I record our personal collection in them and keep the records in our fireproof safe.

I have no issue with keeping your records on a computer, but unless you keep it backed up in the cloud, if something catastrophic happens to the 'puter, your records are in jepoardy. Kudos to nm for putting something together for those that wish to keep computer records to use.
Another way to protect them, if you don't want to use the cloud? Email. Upload the photo's to photobucket or some such source, catalog the information, and email it to yourself. No matter where you are, you can access the records, and not pay a 'cloud charge'. (Of course, I also have external hard drives.)

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #13

Liked 346 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I think that was probably one of the few good things about Canada's long gun registry. The government would send out these cards every time you bought a new gun, regardless of the class it was in. Only thing you really would have to do if you wanted to keep a more detailed record was to add a picture and write what you'd like on the blank space on the back.

image-1485130175.jpg