Interesting world wide report on gun ownership and crime.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Interesting world wide report on gun ownership and crime.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Default Interesting world wide report on gun ownership and crime.

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/worldwide-gun-ownership-and-crime-infographic/?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign =Outdoor%20Hub%20News&utm_content=August+2%2C+2012 +Gold+Medalist

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Very interesting

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 518 Times on 316 Posts

That was cool . But how many of those were accidents shooting . And not crime related. ? If I accidentally shot myself while cleaning my firearm I to would be a on that list. When they do those spread sheets like that , they group every one together not just crime related.

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 08-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #4

Liked 116 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGSF View Post
That was cool . But how many of those were accidents shooting . And not crime related. ? If I accidentally shot myself while cleaning my firearm I to would be a on that list. When they do those spread sheets like that , they group every one together not just crime related.
I also wonder if those include the police taking down the bad guys.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5752 Times on 3253 Posts
Likes Given: 5186

It would be interesting to add knives bnd IEDs into that mix.

Winston Churchill

Old 08-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 518 Times on 316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone_South

I also wonder if those include the police taking down the bad guys.
You know it does anything that has to do with guns was used in that survey. It would be like if you were ask do you own a gun and you said yes it is a black powder musket that you never fire. That would be in the survey to

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Last edited by SSGSF; 08-02-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #7

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

True, I also wonder just what is included in the survey but what I found interesting is that other Countries point their fingers at "violent America" because of our ownership of guns but there are way more violent nations most of which have complete gun control. Of course facts never got in the way of Liberal thinking.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 08-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #8
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Looks like a piece of anti-gun demagoguery to me. I didn't see any distinction between legally-owned and illegally-owned firearms. It's absurd to point out there are 88.8 firearms per 100 people in the U.S. with a homicide rate of over 10,000 without breaking it down. We know the vast majority were a combination of gangs shooting it out with gangs and cops shooting it out with BGs.

Also, it doesn't address the violent crime rate, only homicide by firearm. Japan, Britain, Australia, Mexico and other nations have strict gun laws but their violent crime rate is on a par with or exceeds that of the U.S.

ANY time people focus on guns rather than focusing on the degradation of culture and other causes that are actually responsible for people turning to crime, you know they're either pushing an agenda or they're stupid.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #9

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt
Looks like a piece of anti-gun demagoguery to me. I didn't see any distinction between legally-owned and illegally-owned firearms. It's absurd to point out there are 88.8 firearms per 100 people in the U.S. with a homicide rate of over 10,000 without breaking it down. We know the vast majority were a combination of gangs shooting it out with gangs and cops shooting it out with BGs.

Also, it doesn't address the violent crime rate, only homicide by firearm. Japan, Britain, Australia, Mexico and other nations have strict gun laws but their violent crime rate is on a par with or exceeds that of the U.S.

ANY time people focus on guns rather than focusing on the degradation of culture and other causes that are actually responsible for people turning to crime, you know they're either pushing an agenda or they're stupid.
Yea Mexico in particular kills me.

"HMM our gun control laws dont seem to be helping with the violence...it MUST be Americas fault!"

Thats sound logic o_O

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun