Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Interesting world wide report on gun ownership and crime. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/interesting-world-wide-report-gun-ownership-crime-69460/)

jeepejeep 08-02-2012 01:19 PM

Interesting world wide report on gun ownership and crime.
 
http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/worldwide-gun-ownership-and-crime-infographic/?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign =Outdoor%20Hub%20News&utm_content=August+2%2C+2012 +Gold+Medalist

mountainman13 08-02-2012 01:52 PM

Very interesting

SSGSF 08-02-2012 02:21 PM

That was cool . But how many of those were accidents shooting . And not crime related. ? If I accidentally shot myself while cleaning my firearm I to would be a on that list. When they do those spread sheets like that , they group every one together not just crime related.

Gone_South 08-02-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGSF (Post 890534)
That was cool . But how many of those were accidents shooting . And not crime related. ? If I accidentally shot myself while cleaning my firearm I to would be a on that list. When they do those spread sheets like that , they group every one together not just crime related.

I also wonder if those include the police taking down the bad guys.

locutus 08-02-2012 03:21 PM

It would be interesting to add knives bnd IEDs into that mix.:p

SSGSF 08-02-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gone_South

I also wonder if those include the police taking down the bad guys.

You know it does anything that has to do with guns was used in that survey. It would be like if you were ask do you own a gun and you said yes it is a black powder musket that you never fire. That would be in the survey to

jeepejeep 08-02-2012 05:51 PM

True, I also wonder just what is included in the survey but what I found interesting is that other Countries point their fingers at "violent America" because of our ownership of guns but there are way more violent nations most of which have complete gun control. Of course facts never got in the way of Liberal thinking.

bkt 08-03-2012 09:28 PM

Looks like a piece of anti-gun demagoguery to me. I didn't see any distinction between legally-owned and illegally-owned firearms. It's absurd to point out there are 88.8 firearms per 100 people in the U.S. with a homicide rate of over 10,000 without breaking it down. We know the vast majority were a combination of gangs shooting it out with gangs and cops shooting it out with BGs.

Also, it doesn't address the violent crime rate, only homicide by firearm. Japan, Britain, Australia, Mexico and other nations have strict gun laws but their violent crime rate is on a par with or exceeds that of the U.S.

ANY time people focus on guns rather than focusing on the degradation of culture and other causes that are actually responsible for people turning to crime, you know they're either pushing an agenda or they're stupid.

BigByrd47119 08-03-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkt
Looks like a piece of anti-gun demagoguery to me. I didn't see any distinction between legally-owned and illegally-owned firearms. It's absurd to point out there are 88.8 firearms per 100 people in the U.S. with a homicide rate of over 10,000 without breaking it down. We know the vast majority were a combination of gangs shooting it out with gangs and cops shooting it out with BGs.

Also, it doesn't address the violent crime rate, only homicide by firearm. Japan, Britain, Australia, Mexico and other nations have strict gun laws but their violent crime rate is on a par with or exceeds that of the U.S.

ANY time people focus on guns rather than focusing on the degradation of culture and other causes that are actually responsible for people turning to crime, you know they're either pushing an agenda or they're stupid.

Yea Mexico in particular kills me.

"HMM our gun control laws dont seem to be helping with the violence...it MUST be Americas fault!"

Thats sound logic o_O


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:51 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.