Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > An Interesting Colorado View - and yet I disagree with most of it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotic_Hapi_Snak View Post
What I mean is that it was dark, chaotic, crowded theater with people scrambling to get away. It would have been difficult to identify the shooter, let alone line up a shot without risking hitting an innocent person. Had someone who was 10-20 ft away from him been carrying, and managed to draw their weapon and line up a shot before he shot them, they probably could have stopped him.

But this is all conjecture. No one had a gun, and no one was able to stop him.
I agree with you, but even IF you didn't immediately identify the situation for what it was, the minute people started screaming and running away from one guy coolly stalking people with what is an extended arm length weapon?

Don't you think most of the guys and gals here, weapon aware folks, people that shoot for sport, gun enthusiasts, wouldn't know EXACTLY what was happening?

As far as lining up a good shot? He circles clockwise, you circle clockwise, he goes counter, you go counter. It's pretty basic. The guy in looking for soft targets, he isn't looking for other hunters.

Given the scenario I think there is a very real case that can be made for the "If someone was carrying" less lives would have been affected.

Just my view. I believe in the strength of the training of people who are serious about their concealed carry rights, and by proxy, their intent to stop fools like this from harming others.

JD