Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   An Interesting Colorado View - and yet I disagree with most of it (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/interesting-colorado-view-yet-i-disagree-most-69015/)

Dillinger 07-26-2012 07:17 PM

An Interesting Colorado View - and yet I disagree with most of it

I read the guy's blog off a link from Foxnews. I was really surprised that someone who was trying to come off as a gun owning patriot would be such a moron about the AR platform, carry laws and down right stupid when it came to his beliefs on personal carry.

http://blog.frankmtaylor.com/2012/07/21/yes-you-can-shutup-about-colorado-and-keep-your-opinions-on-gun-control-to-yourself/#comment-108

I will let you folks judge for yourself, but I had to leave a couple of paragraphs in the comments to point out a few obvious stupid statements.

JD

orangello 07-26-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

While it is nice to see someone stand up and tell everyone to shut up about Colorado and the tragedy, you might want to consider your opinion as merely your opinion and shut up when it comes to telling anyone else what they can and can not do with their weapon. Some of them just MIGHT be more highly trained & better prepared than you and your “friends” might consider.

JD
Check your window JD, there could be a black 'burban pulling up to cart you off for this veiled threat of terrorist revenge against the mouthy blogger...Is, is that a helicopter i hear...JD? You still there?

;)

Dillinger 07-26-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 882685)
Check your window JD, there could be a black 'burban pulling up to cart you off for this veiled threat of terrorist revenge against the mouthy blogger...Is, is that a helicopter i hear...JD? You still there?

;)

Can they hear me?! Am I typing out loud?!

*turns out lights, take beverage and iPad under desk*

levelcross 07-26-2012 08:31 PM

I want to perform a reload before the bullet leaves the barrel, that would be awesome.

Now for the blog, yes it is good for someone to tell people to shut up about all the hoopla, we need to focus on the families that were affected by this nightmare. Does the blogger speak for me, no! Dillinger you did good, we will yell when the choppers have gone.

TDS92A 07-26-2012 08:33 PM

I also read the blog from Fox News. I had to get out a map to try and figure out where he was going. I put the map away and took out the Excedrin bottle.:D

One cannot be a supporter of the 2nd Amendment and of gun control at the same time, I am thinking a "matter - anti-matter" reaction is in order here.

Every citizen in this country has the right to have firearms. It is up to the individual to decide if they want them.

Now, if the individual has violated the law to the level of losing that right, well it sucks to be them.

KalashnikovJosh 07-26-2012 09:53 PM

I'll let someone who's actually BEEN THERE make her retort:

She actually went for her gun,but it wasn't there,thanks to the "law".

I'm also sick and tired of hearing about how much better trained cops and the military are then we mere mundanes.

First of all,as dillinger pointed out,thats a bold assed assumption to be making; some people take their **** pretty seriously.

Secondly- has anyone making these claims ever seen the statistics of how well cops really shoot?Have they duly noted that alot of cops consider their guns to be just another tool on their belt that they train only to departmental standards with,and that said standards oftentimes are achieved by training that is nowhere near the level of skill taught by these private training camps around the nation that tens of thousands of private people (including some cops on their off time) go to train?

I'll give the guy this much- no one actually knows what they'll do when their faced with life or death.

You can in fact train for years- but until you actually face it,you don't know how you'll respond.

But to somehow place agents of the state above this reality is alarming.Its alarming because so many people seem to be of the same mentality.
As if,unless someone has had government training,they can't solve a serious problem.

I'm frankly alarmed at the statist notion that we all need our nannies to come wipe our asses for us and we can't take care of ourselves.

This is a totally defeatist idea that likely can handicap people psychologically who might otherwise have the capacity to act under such stress as an active shooter.

If more people understood that we are all responsible for our own safety and acted accordingly,more people would then be prepared to defend themselves.

What the hell happened to the spirit of independence and self reliance in this nation that we have people who worship anyone and anything thats government so readily?

Anyway,Suzanna states that she'd had no training and had no experience with her gun.....but I'd bet you my left testicle if the "law" hadn't illegitimately and wrongly disarmed her that day she'd have shot that mad man dead.

PS-
TDS92A- you can't truly "lose" or have "taken" from you inalienable rights.Look up the definition of the word "inalienable".People who are so dangerous that they cannot be trusted to be able to act on their rights should be in the custody of those that can prevent them from doing so.
Government should otherwise be restricted by the plain intent of the meaning of the words "shall not be infringed".

Agreeing that government can enact "laws" that "take away" said inalienable rights,is,in fact,agreeing to "gun control".

It was not until 1968,with the passing of the Nazi plagiarized GCA68,that government asserted it could "take" the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms away from certain groups of "prohibited possessors".

In fact,until the turn of the 19th century,it was common practice in some states for a man being released from prison to be issued a gun and a horse.

Also,there are many historical references to criminals in england who were sentenced to "transportation",or the forcible deportation from england to the colonies,who then actually went on to bear arms under Washington in the Colonial Army to fight for the inalienable rights we now allow progressives to claim they can "take" from us.

It is true that you cannot be pro 2A and also accept "gun control."

And that means you have to know what "gun control" really is,and also,you have to know what an inalienable right is.

dog2000tj 07-26-2012 10:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well done sir, well done indeed :) and for your efforts - a little redheaded cookie, enjoy :D

KalashnikovJosh 07-26-2012 10:52 PM

Yep.

she's a cutie thanks!

mountainman13 07-26-2012 10:53 PM

Yum.........

JTJ 07-26-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh (Post 882814)
I'll let someone who's actually BEEN THERE make her retort:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1u0Byq5Qis

She actually went for her gun,but it wasn't there,thanks to the "law".

I'm also sick and tired of hearing about how much better trained cops and the military are then we mere mundanes.

First of all,as dillinger pointed out,thats a bold assed assumption to be making; some people take their **** pretty seriously.

Secondly- has anyone making these claims ever seen the statistics of how well cops really shoot?Have they duly noted that alot of cops consider their guns to be just another tool on their belt that they train only to departmental standards with,and that said standards oftentimes are achieved by training that is nowhere near the level of skill taught by these private training camps around the nation that tens of thousands of private people (including some cops on their off time) go to train?

I'll give the guy this much- no one actually knows what they'll do when their faced with life or death.

You can in fact train for years- but until you actually face it,you don't know how you'll respond.

But to somehow place agents of the state above this reality is alarming.Its alarming because so many people seem to be of the same mentality.
As if,unless someone has had government training,they can't solve a serious problem.

I'm frankly alarmed at the statist notion that we all need our nannies to come wipe our asses for us and we can't take care of ourselves.

This is a totally defeatist idea that likely can handicap people psychologically who might otherwise have the capacity to act under such stress as an active shooter.

If more people understood that we are all responsible for our own safety and acted accordingly,more people would then be prepared to defend themselves.

What the hell happened to the spirit of independence and self reliance in this nation that we have people who worship anyone and anything thats government so readily?

Anyway,Suzanna states that she'd had no training and had no experience with her gun.....but I'd bet you my left testicle if the "law" hadn't illegitimately and wrongly disarmed her that day she'd have shot that mad man dead.

PS-
TDS92A- you can't truly "lose" or have "taken" from you inalienable rights.Look up the definition of the word "inalienable".People who are so dangerous that they cannot be trusted to be able to act on their rights should be in the custody of those that can prevent them from doing so.
Government should otherwise be restricted by the plain intent of the meaning of the words "shall not be infringed".

Agreeing that government can enact "laws" that "take away" said inalienable rights,is,in fact,agreeing to "gun control".

It was not until 1968,with the passing of the Nazi plagiarized GCA68,that government asserted it could "take" the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms away from certain groups of "prohibited possessors".

In fact,until the turn of the 19th century,it was common practice in some states for a man being released from prison to be issued a gun and a horse.

Also,there are many historical references to criminals in england who were sentenced to "transportation",or the forcible deportation from england to the colonies,who then actually went on to bear arms under Washington in the Colonial Army to fight for the inalienable rights we now allow progressives to claim they can "take" from us.

It is true that you cannot be pro 2A and also accept "gun control."

And that means you have to know what "gun control" really is,and also,you have to know what an inalienable right is.

You could get transported for debt or just stealing a loaf of bread. It did not take a violent crime.