Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Info on personal weapons in the military.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 11:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Info on personal weapons in the military.

My friend is joining the military soon and like me is obsessed with guns. He wants to get into special forces and wants to know if and when he can carry his personal. Anyone know off hand?

When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come. With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

Guns of Brixton- The Clash

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-11-2012, 11:56 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2911 Times on 1716 Posts

When/if they give him permission.
Unlikely.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:06 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I honestly don't understand why they don't let him. With the track record the 92 in the military, why wouldn't they?

When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come. With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

Old 06-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2911 Times on 1716 Posts

They have been cracking down on non-military tested and approved accessories even.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:30 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It would have to be approved from chain of command. We tried to bring along a few 10.5" barrel uppers and they axed that idea pretty quick. Depends on theater of operations as well. If your buddy wants to go Special Operations, I would recommend he focuses on even getting into the school before he worries about what weapon he gets.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:09 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The man makes most gun nuts look like a hobbyists. If it were up to him he'd be carrying half his collection. That said, he makes me look like super man (I weigh 144 and bench 210, he's about ten pounds less and barely do his own.) Frankly I'll be amazed if they even consider him.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:15 AM   #7

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 223

Let's wait until he makes it through the "Two Weeks of Hell" which he'll need to make it through to even be considered for special forces. Assuming he doesn't drop out, which the majority will, he still has a chance of not getting selected even after surviving the two weeks.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Old 06-12-2012, 01:18 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

He's shooting for the air force TACP unit. I know this because the bastard won't shut up. That improve his situation any?

Old 06-12-2012, 01:30 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Lol. He won't make it.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:32 AM   #10

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenney View Post
He's shooting for the air force TACP unit. I know this because the bastard won't shut up. That improve his situation any?
Oh. I assumed Army Special Forces. Still, getting into air force tacp is no cakewalk. And he'll most likely be right on the front lines imbedding with Marines and Army units. Tell him to get into shape.

Best of luck to him.

Have him take a look at this.

http://www.airforce.com/pdf/ebrochure/tacp/#?page=2

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity