Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Indiana militiaman gets back his 41 guns, 100,000 rounds of ammunition from the feds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1125 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

No matter how many guns you have you can only fire one or two of them at a time. So, the only reason the media would bring up the count is to make what they believe to be a naive and foolish public think the guy was some kinda maniac. Typical liberal media pussies.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1728 Times on 1247 Posts
Likes Given: 1971

Default Why so many........

I look at this this way, why does the man need more than one wife.......It's more fun, and you never ever get bored....... Guns don't kill people, people kill people,,,,,,,,,,

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 07-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #23
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1600 Times on 833 Posts
Likes Given: 1288

I'm sorry. If the charges were dropped, or whatever, why did he have to petition the court to get them back? Would they not have been returned had he not?

Old 07-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #24
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5511 Times on 2725 Posts
Likes Given: 5857

Its intersting as another noted how we quantify our rights with numbers that dont exist in the laws that govern their application, the Constitution. Where in the constitution does it give any amounts, sizes or capabilities for firearm ownership? Ive read it a few hundred times and never seen that? It didnt say " you have the Right to Bear Arms but you cant own and use a cannon", yet Cannons were certainly available and much more lethal than Muskets.

I know why they did that- because they dealt with the actual actions and outcomes elsewhere in that fine document. They put the onus of legal ownership on the citizen not the article in question and even left the strong and legal possibility that a Government out of control could be brought back under control by a well armed Citizenry.

Our population is hell bent on adding words into our primary laws that do not exist and cant without a Constitutional Convention and a legal Vote! I should be able to own a TOW Launcher and a warehouse fulll of encased missiles and a Ma Deuce and pallets of 50 ammo if I want, its not against the Constitution to own either. What I do with them is a different story, that is subject to prosecution if it causes harm to others not in accordance with our Constitution.

Were making laws like were maintaining a fleet of cars! Preventative Maintenance is for items, not American Citizens. We should not justify law by what could happen, only by what will if you hurt others without just cause.

I truly believe that quick and meaningful punishment for wrong actions not limiting rights of possession are the only deterrents to crime. The criminals dont follow laws, they advantage them at the expense of the law abiding citizen. So what if I gun down a scumbag terrorist, rapist, home invader with a fully automatic MG, is that any better or worse than a shank?

I love the phrase, "I cant stop you from trying, but I can sure break you of the Habit". You cannot stop people from making, buying or somehow producing things that can cause destruction on such a scale we cannot imagine, all you can do is make sure they know that if they do try and we catch you, you will never have a chance to do it again!

Old 07-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1125 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
I look at this this way, why does the man need more than one wife.......It's more fun, and you never ever get bored....... Guns don't kill people, people kill people,,,,,,,,,,
Romney ought to know that. EDITED BY MOD

Last edited by c3shooter; 07-10-2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Not appropriate. Don't do that.