Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Illinois is jacking me over about my FOID what about u

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 04:01 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1969 View Post
I am sure the OP would love to move, but if he is like me he cannot. Most of that are on here would move out of IL if it were at all possible, but we have houses, family or jobs that keep us here. Last I checked this state was part of the USA, and we should have the same rights here as you do in IN. If everyone just leaves it sends the wrong message to the government. What is needed is real change, not the kind Obama talked about, but an honest to goodness change back to what the US was meant to be.
Same here. I'd LOVE to get the hell out of Illinois...just not that simple...

Anyways, to the OP, I have nothing of advice to add ... many people have chimed in and given the best advice there is to give...unfortunately you've fallen victim to the State of Illinois and how pathetic and miserable our Government is.

You can hire a lawyer and fight it, and almost certainly pay more than $1500...or you can pay it again...or not legally own a firearm in IL =(

But I do have a side question, and if it's none of my business, I totally understand....but......what in the world did you do to get a $1,500 traffic ticket??????

edit: I just realized this past was originally from a year ago...it popped up in the "new posts" so I joined the conversation =)

Old 08-11-2012, 04:07 AM   #32
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6671 Times on 4035 Posts
Likes Given: 7928

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
I'd LOVE to get the hell out of Illinois...just not that simple...
I agree. Everyone says "Just move." I have an elderly and quite debilitated Father I help care for here. I have a handicapped cousin I have guardianship of who is moving into an assisted living facility Monday. I have children and grandchildren here. Yes, I like my guns and I want to keep them but I also have other obligations other than owning my guns. I had no trouble getting a FOID card and have not had any problem buying guns unless you consider the 3 day waiting period here in Illinois a problem getting a gun.
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-11-2012, 04:12 AM   #33

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I agree. Everyone says "Just move." I have an elderly and quite debilitated Father I help care for here. I have a handicapped cousin I have guardianship of who is moving into an assisted living facility Monday. I have children and grandchildren here. Yes, I like my guns and I want to keep them but I also have other obligations other than owning my guns. I had no trouble getting a FOID card and have not had any problem buying guns unless you consider the 3 day waiting period here in Illinois a problem getting a gun.
You definitely have much more on your plate than I do. My job just pays nicely and I have strong job security here...i've been at this place 9 years (going on 10) and my wife has a really nice job as well...

The company I work for has locations in Indiana and Iowa as well...I keep my ear to the wind for any positions that open up, and the owner knows im itching to get out as well and has told me I have first dibs on an equal position in another state.

But the guy we all work for is great, and like me, nobody else wants to leave either.

So im stuck =(

However, after reading what you have to deal with, I feel ashamed that I considered myself unfortunate...