Illinois CCW Pamphlet

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Illinois CCW Pamphlet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default Illinois CCW Pamphlet

Just wanted to share for any of you out there that are in/from Illinois.

I made this up to distribute among Illinois business owners in hopes to convince them that Concealed Carry is more than a good thing.

I know it's simple...but hey... it's free =)

http://illinoisgunownersrights.org/merchandise/free-ccw-pamphlet

Any feedback would be most appreciated.

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-12-2013, 01:34 AM   #2
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1552 Times on 950 Posts
Likes Given: 7928

I'm not rom IL., but i did download the pamphlet. I will hand a couple out to some of the local businesses around here that wish to refuse our 2A rights. Good information. thanks for posting.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 12-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1357 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

Anytime you can inject facts and common sense into the sheeple's heads it is a good thing. The anti-gun crowd and their media lapdogs have flooded the issue for years with hysterical misinformation and outright lies.

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 12-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #4

Liked 2448 Times on 1394 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Can't resist-

What type of advice does it offer?

"DON'T shoot the stupid people, we need them to get

our politicians elected to office..."

Old 12-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #5

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

When does the concealed carry law take effect in Illinois? I see many stories on preparation for the change. This is a big victory for gun owners regardless of where you live.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #6

Liked 220 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
When does the concealed carry law take effect in Illinois? I see many stories on preparation for the change. This is a big victory for gun owners regardless of where you live.
The law was passed earlier this summer. When will it take effect? Once training has been completed, application for CCW has been submitted and processed. Likely sometime in spring 2014.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #7

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

http://snoballs.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/no-guns-no-money.gif

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 12-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 37 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I believe it's January 5th when the applications become available and you can submit them. But the ISP has 90 days to get the permit to you, 120 if you don't have fingerprints submitted.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #9
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1798 Times on 1095 Posts
Likes Given: 2027

Illinois has done its usual masterful job of continuing to throw roadblocks in the way of becoming an armed citizen in public. They had 180 days to pass the law, they ran that up to almost the end, then got some extension. Then the law they passed gave themselves another 180 days for the State Police to create a permitting process. Once they do that, they'll wait as long as they can to read your written request for an application form. Then they'll give themselves another few months to mail you an application. Which they will be able to find fault with when you send it back in. I wonder how long it will be before someone actually gets an Illinois permit.

OK, rant off.

By the way, I tried to download the pamphlet. You should consider putting both sides into a single PDF. The front side downloaded fine, but the back side creates an empty .ZIP file and then creates another file by the same name with the extension .PART added. Last try said it couldn't read the file from the server. Just a thought. I'll try again later.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 12-12-2013, 11:35 PM   #10

Liked 1932 Times on 1228 Posts
Likes Given: 1046

Prime, that is without a doubt, the best handout I have seen concerning concealed carry.
Simple facts with references, no antagonistic language, no threats of boycotts.
Every state 2nd A organisation should take note.

While I do personally boycott companies that I know have anti 2nd A policies, I'm intelligent enough to realize that they don't care.
Any national/international corporation is not going to change policy simply because 1000 or even 5000 people in any individual state refuse to patronize their business. These kind of numbers do not matter to them.

IGORs (gotta love that name) on the right track, I think. Wether anyone takes heed and educates themselves and their business remains to be seen.

Thanks, and keep up the fight.

Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
You do the math.

People Like This