Ill. Woman Killed Same Day Sister Sat Behind Obama

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ill. Woman Killed Same Day Sister Sat Behind Obama

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Default Ill. Woman Killed Same Day Sister Sat Behind Obama

Not sure where to post this, but this will likely be another media blitz. It happened about 20 miles east of me in the northern suburbs of Chicago - outside of the jurisdiction of Chicago and Cook County's oppressive gun laws. The suburb of North Chicago is not a friendly place, and for any Navy personnel, you know it well as the home of the Great Lakes Naval Training Center, where every new recruit starts their service.

Once again - tragic, unintended victim, that I don't see how the gun control measures would protect against keeping guns out of the hands of criminals/gang banger. There are inaccuracies in the story below, as the shooting did not happen in Chicago, so it wouldn't add to the murder count. And I'm not sure how it occurred a mile from the Chicago home either. Once again, the media can't get the story right.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ill-woman-killed-day-sister-sat-obama-18525083

An 18-year-old Chicago woman was killed the same day her sister had sat on the stage behind President Barack Obama, listening to him push for gun control legislation.

Janay Mcfarlane was shot once in the head around 11:30 p.m. Friday in North Chicago, Lake County Coroner Thomas Rudd told the Chicago Sun-Times (http://bit.ly/12Uoh9b). Mcfarlane, a mother of a 3-month-old boy, was in the Chicago suburb visiting friends and family.

"I really feel like somebody cut a part of my heart out," Angela Blakely, Mcfarlane's mother, said.

Blakely said the bullet that killed Mcfarlane was meant for a friend.

Hours earlier, Mcfarlane's 14-year-old sister was feet from Obama at Hyde Park Career Academy, where he spoke about gun violence and paid tribute to Hadiya Pendleton, the 15-year-old honor student fatally shot last month in a South Side park. Police have said it was a case of mistaken identity, and two people have been charged.

Pendleton's death was one of more than 40 homicides in Chicago in January, a total that made it the deadliest January in the city in more than a decade. Pendleton, a drum majorette, had recently performed during Obama's inauguration and the slaying happened about a mile from his Chicago home.

Blakely told the newspaper that Janay Mcfarlane had been affected by Pendleton's death.

"She always said after Hadiya Pendleton got killed, 'Momma that's so sad,'" Blakely said. "She was always touched by any kid that got killed. She was always touched by mothers who couldn't be there for their babies because they were gone."

Mcfarlane was supposed to graduate from an alternative school this spring, Blakely said, and wanted to go into the culinary arts.

"I'm just really, truly just trying to process it — knowing that I'm not taking my baby home anymore," Blakely said.

Last edited by KJG67; 02-17-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #2

Liked 257 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 185

It seems to me that a lot of people that sit close or have a chance to be around the pos.....uhh I mean pres, are ending up dead or their family members are. Kinda makes you wonder.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Is there any limit to what that bunch will do? They intentionally provided thousands of weapons to Mexican drug lords so they could prove that the US was responsible for gun deaths in Mexico. This is also the guy that says it's OK to kill Americans without their constitutionally guaranteed rights. The question is, would he kill innocent Americans to get support for his anti gun agenda? I'd like to think the answer is no, but I'm not certain. With a liberal congressman calling for murder of NRA members and then not being arrested or even criticized, I'm afraid to even put an NRA sticker on my car window!

Bill
"If I were the Devil, I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious. Then my police state would force everybody back to work."
-Paul Harvey, 1964
Guns? What guns? Oh, I haven't seen those since I left my garage door open one night by mistake.