Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
In most states the "No guns" signs don't carry the weight of the law but are simply store/business policy...not including the obvious exceptions...courthouses, airports, gov't facilities etc. I look at it as more of a civil disobedience thing, not malicious law breaking. I don't think anyone is going to log on here and say 'I'm taking my roscoe to the courthouse today, screw the law'...If they do, they'll get gone fast...
be right back ... I'm taking my roscoe to the courthouse today, screw the law ...

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

sgttessnc Likes This 
Old 07-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #22

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
be right back ... I'm taking my roscoe to the courthouse today, screw the law ...
Now THAT smilie I saw!!!

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 07-22-2012, 01:44 AM   #23

Liked 4709 Times on 2276 Posts
Likes Given: 1437

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ View Post
I think the point is that no matter what you try to portray to these type of people, logic is thrown out the window and their opinion is already established. I for one am tired of trying to go along to get along. They don't follow those same rules and beat us about the head and shoulders to push their opinions and agendas. It is high time to treat them the same way and do as we please.
Bingo!

Tack

Old 07-22-2012, 02:14 AM   #24

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 6

So it would be fine for trespassers to ignore any PRIVATE PROPERTY - NO TRESPASSING signs, and ignore the property owner's wishes (and rights), and come into the property owner's field/woods to hunt the game there. Correct?

Discussion? Here? Get real.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:01 AM   #25

Liked 4709 Times on 2276 Posts
Likes Given: 1437

Quote:
Originally Posted by libwguns View Post
So it would be fine for trespassers to ignore any PRIVATE PROPERTY - NO TRESPASSING signs, and ignore the property owner's wishes (and rights), and come into the property owner's field/woods to hunt the game there. Correct?
Comparing the "silent" civil disobedience I'm promoting in public places and businesses to crossing a posted fence and hunting private land without permission is..."no offense"...quite silly...

Tack
Old 07-22-2012, 03:43 AM   #26

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

A word of warning...

SOME states, like Florida, only allow you to use lethal force in defence of yourself or another IF and ONLY IF you are somewhere you are legally allowed to be. Now, depending on state law for GFZ's, you may be guilty of tresspassing simply by ignoring the sign.

The significance of this?

If you are tresspassing by being there and ignoring the sign, you are also not permitted to use lethal force in defence of your life because you arent "legally permitted there." This means that a murder charge COULD be coming your way...if we want to get technical.

Just a little heads up...

IF all of that is thought through I have no problem with it. Some would argue that any restriction is unConstitutional and as a result not a binding law. As Ted says, "The Second Amendment is my carry permit!"

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 07-22-2012, 03:44 AM   #27

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

These "gun free" zones are lead by the ignorant and enforced by the incapable.

These people think that they are so damn smart, thinking that keeping guns out of establishments is gonna make them safer, but yet nobody is gonna protect us or our families while we are inside them. The aurora incident is a perfect example of what happens when anti-gunners try and run something. Im not about breaking laws but one thing is for sure, i WILL protect my family at all costs.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 07-22-2012, 03:45 AM   #28

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Comparing the "silent" civil disobedience I'm promoting in public places and businesses to crossing a posted fence and hunting private land without permission is..."no offense"...quite silly...

Tack
No offense taken. But the issue is the rights and wishes of the property owner, not the action (even if silent) of the person ignoring them.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:51 AM   #29

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by libwguns
We are talking about protecting our families from life threatening attacks from other people, its a little different than hopping a fence and skipping over to fish a pond.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

fmj Likes This 
Old 07-22-2012, 03:56 AM   #30

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by libwguns View Post
But the issue is the rights and wishes of the property owner, not the action (even if silent) of the person ignoring them.
Seriously, is there no way to really talk about this, on a forum that's all about exercising rights?