Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 04:27 AM   #241
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4674 Times on 2260 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Manta? Who dat?
One of our members...from the UK...

Old 01-04-2013, 04:30 AM   #242
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8050 Times on 4645 Posts
Likes Given: 10388

Oh, OK. Haven't seen him for awhile though. Or at least haven't noticed him.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #243

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Manta is a woman. A woman with a gun in the...UK. Everyone who likes guns in the UK should come here. We can trade all of our precious little antis for them. Then gun haters will be with their own kind and gun lovers like us will be with our own kind. Maybe this needs a petition!

Old 01-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #244
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1485 Times on 1005 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Manta is a woman. A woman with a gun in the...UK. Everyone who likes guns in the UK should come here. We can trade all of our precious little antis for them. Then gun haters will be with their own kind and gun lovers like us will be with our own kind. Maybe this needs a petition!
I would imagine it is almost as hard to get a gun in the UK as it is to get weed in the US. People in the UK can probably get a handgun faster than a US citizen that lives in a waiting period state.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I would imagine it is almost as hard to get a gun in the UK as it is to get weed in the US. People in the UK can probably get a handgun faster than a US citizen that lives in a waiting period state.
Ummm. Not to contradict you my friend, but if you want some weed in CA you just walk into a clinic and buy it. You do have to have a doctor's "prescription" though, but after that it is readily available. You can also grow your own but that takes some time.

Conversely to get a gun there is the 10 day waiting period for all guns and for handguns one must have the California Handgun Safety Card, which costs $20 and you take a test.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 01-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #246

Quote:
Ummm. Not to contradict you my friend, but if you want some weed in CA you just walk into a clinic and buy it. You do have to have a doctor's "prescription" though, but after that it is readily available. You can also grow your own but that takes some time.

Conversely to get a gun there is the 10 day waiting period for all guns and for handguns one must have the California Handgun Safety Card, which costs $20 and you take a test.
Get out of there Viking!

Move North...OR and WA have much better laws...or fewer anyway.

Just be prepared for our brand of Liquid Sunshine and Micro Brew'd beers.

Tack
Old 01-05-2013, 12:45 AM   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Get out of there Viking!

Move North...OR and WA have much better laws...or fewer anyway.

Just be prepared for our brand of Liquid Sunshine and Micro Brew'd beers.

Tack
Liquid Sunshine? Sounds like a golden shower or something!

And I quit drinking several months ago so no more micro brews for me.

I am thinking that pot might make a good cash crop if it is legalized. What is the deal with that in WA? Regardless it remains a federal crime so that is a deal breaker right there for me.

Quote:

Old 01-05-2013, 04:02 AM   #248

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

It'll only be a few more states before the camel's back is broken anyway. Or at least the optimistic side of me hopes so. If the states decriminalize and the feds don't cave, they'll be a lot of violence as the feds try to use their guns for enforcement.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 01-05-2013, 04:28 AM   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post
It'll only be a few more states before the camel's back is broken anyway. Or at least the optimistic side of me hopes so. If the states decriminalize and the feds don't cave, they'll be a lot of violence as the feds try to use their guns for enforcement.
Bit of thread creep here but I'll say this- In CA there has been some Fed enforcement with varying results. Currently there is one going on in Oakland that is being routed through the IRS. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/04/harborside-health-center-tax-bill_n_995139.html

If they can't get you one way they will get you another.

Quote:
tCan Likes This 
Old 01-05-2013, 05:03 AM   #250

Quote:
Liquid Sunshine? Sounds like a golden shower or something!

And I quit drinking several months ago so no more micro brews for me.

I am thinking that pot might make a good cash crop if it is legalized. What is the deal with that in WA? Regardless it remains a federal crime so that is a deal breaker right there for me.
1. Liquid Sunshine is what we call rain...it's less depressing that way.
2. Micro Brews are MANDATORY due to "see #1"
3. Pot is now LEGAL for personal use in WA...so come on up and grow, grow, grow...

Tack