Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 04:27 AM   #241
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,895
Liked 4674 Times on 2260 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Manta? Who dat?
One of our members...from the UK...
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:30 AM   #242
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,718
Liked 8050 Times on 4645 Posts
Likes Given: 10388

Default

Oh, OK. Haven't seen him for awhile though. Or at least haven't noticed him.

__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #243
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
1911love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,474
Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

Manta is a woman. A woman with a gun in the...UK. Everyone who likes guns in the UK should come here. We can trade all of our precious little antis for them. Then gun haters will be with their own kind and gun lovers like us will be with our own kind. Maybe this needs a petition!

__________________
1911love is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #244
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
John_Deer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,815
Liked 1485 Times on 1005 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Manta is a woman. A woman with a gun in the...UK. Everyone who likes guns in the UK should come here. We can trade all of our precious little antis for them. Then gun haters will be with their own kind and gun lovers like us will be with our own kind. Maybe this needs a petition!
I would imagine it is almost as hard to get a gun in the UK as it is to get weed in the US. People in the UK can probably get a handgun faster than a US citizen that lives in a waiting period state.
__________________

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

John_Deer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #245
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,718
Liked 8050 Times on 4645 Posts
Likes Given: 10388

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I would imagine it is almost as hard to get a gun in the UK as it is to get weed in the US. People in the UK can probably get a handgun faster than a US citizen that lives in a waiting period state.
Ummm. Not to contradict you my friend, but if you want some weed in CA you just walk into a clinic and buy it. You do have to have a doctor's "prescription" though, but after that it is readily available. You can also grow your own but that takes some time.

Conversely to get a gun there is the 10 day waiting period for all guns and for handguns one must have the California Handgun Safety Card, which costs $20 and you take a test.
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #246
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,895
Liked 4674 Times on 2260 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Ummm. Not to contradict you my friend, but if you want some weed in CA you just walk into a clinic and buy it. You do have to have a doctor's "prescription" though, but after that it is readily available. You can also grow your own but that takes some time.

Conversely to get a gun there is the 10 day waiting period for all guns and for handguns one must have the California Handgun Safety Card, which costs $20 and you take a test.
Get out of there Viking!

Move North...OR and WA have much better laws...or fewer anyway.

Just be prepared for our brand of Liquid Sunshine and Micro Brew'd beers.

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:45 AM   #247
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,718
Liked 8050 Times on 4645 Posts
Likes Given: 10388

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Get out of there Viking!

Move North...OR and WA have much better laws...or fewer anyway.

Just be prepared for our brand of Liquid Sunshine and Micro Brew'd beers.

Tack
Liquid Sunshine? Sounds like a golden shower or something!

And I quit drinking several months ago so no more micro brews for me.

I am thinking that pot might make a good cash crop if it is legalized. What is the deal with that in WA? Regardless it remains a federal crime so that is a deal breaker right there for me.
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:02 AM   #248
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tCan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wake, NC
Posts: 1,128
Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Default

It'll only be a few more states before the camel's back is broken anyway. Or at least the optimistic side of me hopes so. If the states decriminalize and the feds don't cave, they'll be a lot of violence as the feds try to use their guns for enforcement.

__________________
[Remington 870 12GA][Stoeger Model 3500 12GA][Savage 116 .30-06][Savage Model 10 Bull Barrel .223][Marlin 336SS .30-30][Marlin 39A .22][Marlin Model 60 22LR][Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm][Ruger MkIII 22LR]

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary
tCan is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:28 AM   #249
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,718
Liked 8050 Times on 4645 Posts
Likes Given: 10388

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post
It'll only be a few more states before the camel's back is broken anyway. Or at least the optimistic side of me hopes so. If the states decriminalize and the feds don't cave, they'll be a lot of violence as the feds try to use their guns for enforcement.
Bit of thread creep here but I'll say this- In CA there has been some Fed enforcement with varying results. Currently there is one going on in Oakland that is being routed through the IRS. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/04/harborside-health-center-tax-bill_n_995139.html

If they can't get you one way they will get you another.
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
tCan Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:03 AM   #250
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,895
Liked 4674 Times on 2260 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Liquid Sunshine? Sounds like a golden shower or something!

And I quit drinking several months ago so no more micro brews for me.

I am thinking that pot might make a good cash crop if it is legalized. What is the deal with that in WA? Regardless it remains a federal crime so that is a deal breaker right there for me.
1. Liquid Sunshine is what we call rain...it's less depressing that way.
2. Micro Brews are MANDATORY due to "see #1"
3. Pot is now LEGAL for personal use in WA...so come on up and grow, grow, grow...

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
"Do "Gun-Free" Zones Encourage School Shootings?" cnorman18 The Club House 26 04-17-2012 09:57 PM
Another win for gun free zones JonM Politics, Religion and Controversy 10 03-13-2012 06:22 PM
Gun Free Rape Zones JonM Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 36 12-12-2011 01:08 PM
How do you feel about "gun free zones"? bigbomar4 Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 68 07-24-2011 03:14 PM
Point Shooting: Yes? No? gorknoids General Handgun Discussion 35 02-10-2009 01:39 PM