Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting - Page 24
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #231
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4786 Times on 2315 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

Quote:
Originally Posted by potentialglock View Post
Yep she is. Not being a creeper I've just seen her in other posts.
Ahh...ok...then I'll rephrase.

Mamby Pamby Hot beverages that take more than two syllables to pronounce are perfectly ok...for the fairer sex. Men drink COFFEE.

Tack
Old 01-04-2013, 12:02 AM   #232
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 541 Times on 329 Posts
Likes Given: 215

I have seen numerous signs for some businesses that say no guns. Well here in my state those silly little signs carry no weight of law unless they are printed in both english and spanish (still getting over this one) with lettering at least 1 inch tall and it has to say exactly what the state says word for word. So why dont we get rid of these signs and replace them with this one that I made.

gun-friendly-zone.jpg  
Old 01-04-2013, 12:57 AM   #233
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1227 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 74

A school in Florida will cost you your CCW. Same as a court house, airport, or IRS building. They have detectors, and will discover you. Most of the rest of the places, as Tack says, concealed is concealed. I will carry. I don't deal much with schools, as my kids are 28 and 30, but when I was still refereeing HS soccer, I always had one in the car.

I do not carry at work, though it is in the car, as there is way more chances that it will print or be revealed in the office, and at 64 I am really not interestet in entering the job market again.

I went to a coin show here a few weeks ago. They had a no gun sign, I asked the guy if there was any security inside and he said; "no, but this is for your security." I said to myself, yea right, and started in. He said he was going to frisk me, and I thought I was busted. I had the gun in an IWB at about 4:30, and the guy missed it. In I went.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 01-04-2013, 03:16 AM   #234

Liked 37 Times on 16 Posts

Tack, thank you for confirmation, I am indeed a girl.

potentialglock, silly boy, latte is basically COFFEE with milk, don't be afraid, you can like LATTES.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:27 AM   #235
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1176 Posts
Likes Given: 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
A school in Florida will cost you your CCW. Same as a court house, airport, or IRS building. They have detectors, and will discover you. Most of the rest of the places, as Tack says, concealed is concealed. I will carry. I don't deal much with schools, as my kids are 28 and 30, but when I was still refereeing HS soccer, I always had one in the car.

I do not carry at work, though it is in the car, as there is way more chances that it will print or be revealed in the office, and at 64 I am really not interestet in entering the job market again.

I went to a coin show here a few weeks ago. They had a no gun sign, I asked the guy if there was any security inside and he said; "no, but this is for your security." I said to myself, yea right, and started in. He said he was going to frisk me, and I thought I was busted. I had the gun in an IWB at about 4:30, and the guy missed it. In I went.
In Oklahoma it's even illegal to leave the gun in the car in the parking lot of a school. Every place else (like at work, airports, courthouses, etc.) it is illegal for the people in charge of those facilities to even declare a policy against having a gun in the car in the parking lot. Just the schools have that additional restriction.

(shakes head) The one place where protecting the occupants (school kids) is the MOST important you can't even leave the gun in the car. The only tiny glimmer of common sense is that mom (or dad) can have a gun on them while dropping the kid off. But that's only if you're just dropping them off. If you have to go in for any reason, you're supposed to leave the gun at home!!! (shakes head, mutters an obscenity...)

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 01-04-2013, 03:59 AM   #236
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1588 Times on 1085 Posts
Likes Given: 548

Here in NC the penalties are small for ignoring gun buster signs. I went into a business with a gun buster sign. I was parked next to a sheriffs car with tinted windows. I couldn't see if there was a deputy in the car. I stashed my EDC under the seat of my truck. When I came back I got my EDC out and stuck it in my pocket. A deputy rolled down the window of the squad car. He didn't say a word. He just smiled and waved as I drove off.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-04-2013, 04:14 AM   #237
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8273 Times on 4780 Posts
Likes Given: 10698

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Ahh...ok...then I'll rephrase.

Mamby Pamby Hot beverages that take more than two syllables to pronounce are perfectly ok...for the fairer sex. Men drink COFFEE.

Tack
I drink tea. Clearly one syllable. Am I more of a man?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:16 AM   #238

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelRockRebel View Post
Tack, thank you for confirmation, I am indeed a girl.

potentialglock, silly boy, latte is basically COFFEE with milk, don't be afraid, you can like LATTES.
I know what a latte is. Lol

Old 01-04-2013, 04:19 AM   #239

Liked 4786 Times on 2315 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I drink tea. Clearly one syllable. Am I more of a man?
Well...I suppose...as long you don't add crumpets and begin hanging out with Manta!

Old 01-04-2013, 04:25 AM   #240
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8273 Times on 4780 Posts
Likes Given: 10698

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Well...I suppose...as long you don't add crumpets and begin hanging out with Manta!
Manta? Who dat?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.