Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting - Page 22
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #211
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

I've had my CCW for around 14 years now. I normally didn't carry unless we were going out of town then I'd put my gun in a case and stick it into the under seat storage box. I'd also normally not carry in a GFZ, sometimes if I was just running in to check the P.O. Box and I had my gun on me I'd just make it fast and not go into the service area, no harm, no foul IMHO.
My "line in the sand" was when 20 children were killed at Sandy Hook, from that point on I vowed to never be without my gun at any time when I'm in public and I've not left the house without it since then.
How horrible it'd be to be to have a CCW only to leave it in the car or at home because you're going into a GFZ and want to be a law abiding citizen only to be caught without your gun when a mad man starts shooting folks. I would absolutely hate to just stand there helplessly while I watched men, women and children being killed all the while knowing that if I simply ignored the law and had my gun with me that I could stop the slaughter.
I would much rather risk possible legal action against me then have all all those helpless, dead people on my conscious.
Like I said, I didn't use to be this way but Sandy Hook was my line in the sand, never again on my watch will something like that take place around me. I'll be armed, legal or not and I'll do my best to stop the active shooter asap to preserve lives.

This is the War Room!"

Old 12-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #212
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

JTJ: "The point is I will always be armed with something. People will always find something to attack or defend themselves with. It is the coward that will not defend themselves and wants all weapons banned. If that were to happen then the big and strong will hold sway over the small and weak and they will wish for an equalizer. "
I completely agree, JTJ. The sheeple who want no guns to be available would then be dependent upon being bigger and meaner than the thugs who would have free reign. I would guess that most of the sheeple are not big and mean. So they would spend the rest of their existence wishing they could have a weapon that would make them "equal" to the thugs.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 12-27-2012 at 02:41 PM.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #213
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1949 Times on 1184 Posts
Likes Given: 2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Viking...the only way on earth to convince librals that they are wrong about guns is to mug there men and rape there women.

When the **** does hit the fan, these latte sipping sicophans will be the first to suffer the new reality.

Me and mind will continue to keep our faith in our god and our guns...and god help those who coming looking to change that.

Tack
While I agree with the general sentiment, I don't think offering to rape their women is appropriate. You're usually pretty level headed, I'm a little surprised at this one.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 12-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #214

Liked 4791 Times on 2317 Posts
Likes Given: 1479

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
While I agree with the general sentiment, I don't think offering to rape their women is appropriate. You're usually pretty level headed, I'm a little surprised at this one.
It wasn't an offer from me...you missed the later post.

Simply pointing out what happens to defenseless subjects when they choose to remove the threat of armed response to criminal attack.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #215

Quote:
It wasn't an offer from me...you missed the later post.

Simply pointing out what happens to defenseless subjects when they choose to remove the threat of armed response to criminal attack.
Hadn't read the later post yet. Just responded to the first one that looked hinky.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 12-28-2012, 04:30 PM   #216

Quote:
Hadn't read the later post yet. Just responded to the first one that looked hinky.
No problem...and BTW...excellent set back write up posted above. I own a pair of digital calipers and am now curious to try ^^THIS^^ test in my 1911 with my Hydra Shock...

...what bullet weight did you test?

Tack

Old 12-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #217

Quote:
No problem...and BTW...excellent set back write up posted above. I own a pair of digital calipers and am now curious to try ^^THIS^^ test in my 1911 with my Hydra Shock...

...what bullet weight did you test?

Tack
My 45acp test was with 230gr. I noticed that my results differed from what you had told me. Maybe it was the gun. Hence my disclaimer that the results really only apply to the gun and cartridge tested.

Balota

Old 12-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #218

Quote:
My 45acp test was with 230gr. I noticed that my results differed from what you had told me. Maybe it was the gun. Hence my disclaimer that the results really only apply to the gun and cartridge tested.
Possible...as I'd pm'd awhile back, 1911 feed ramps are much steeper than modern integrated feed ramps as found on the XD series. My rests were all "naked eye" so I'll grab a box of 230 gr Hydra's and try this with my colt and kimber to see I the results are more dramatic.

Thanks for linking your results by the way!

Tack

Old 12-29-2012, 06:26 PM   #219

Quote:
Possible...as I'd pm'd awhile back, 1911 feed ramps are much steeper than modern integrated feed ramps as found on the XD series. My rests were all "naked eye" so I'll grab a box of 230 gr Hydra's and try this with my colt and kimber to see I the results are more dramatic.

Thanks for linking your results by the way!

Tack
I also have a link back to my article on this site in my sig on XDforum. If you get significantly different results, post a followup article or at least revive the thread on setback.

Back on the topic of ignoring GFZs, to me, GFZs fall into two categories: those identified specifically in the gun permit statutes, and all the rest. Places identified specifically are places where I will lock up my gun before entering.

The rest are places where I will (frequently) carry concealed and rely on my concealment to prevent it from becoming an issue. If I do have to use my gun in such a location, it will be because I have no alternatives. At that point, I'll take my chances with a jury.

I also open carry a lot lately. (Haven't found a comfortable IWB tuckable holster yet.) Hasn't been very much reaction to the gun anyplace I've gone. Found out on the way out of one place that they had an almost invisible no-guns symbol on the door. But no one cared enough to ask me to leave and no one called the cops. I was there for quite a while (grandson's B-day party) so there was plenty of time. Pretty much a non-event.

Balota

Old 12-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #220

Still looking for some 220 grain hydra's... Found 1 box last night but they were 165 gr personal deffense.

Going to hit a couple of stores shortly before Seahawks Kick Off ^^THIS^^ afternoon!

Go Hawks!

Tack

Quote:
I also have a link back to my article on this site in my sig on XDforum. If you get significantly different results, post a followup article or at least revive the thread on setback.

Back on the topic of ignoring GFZs, to me, GFZs fall into two categories: those identified specifically in the gun permit statutes, and all the rest. Places identified specifically are places where I will lock up my gun before entering.

The rest are places where I will (frequently) carry concealed and rely on my concealment to prevent it from becoming an issue. If I do have to use my gun in such a location, it will be because I have no alternatives. At that point, I'll take my chances with a jury.

I also open carry a lot lately. (Haven't found a comfortable IWB tuckable holster yet.) Hasn't been very much reaction to the gun anyplace I've gone. Found out on the way out of one place that they had an almost invisible no-guns symbol on the door. But no one cared enough to ask me to leave and no one called the cops. I was there for quite a while (grandson's B-day party) so there was plenty of time. Pretty much a non-event.