Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting - Page 21
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 04:12 AM   #201
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I cannot imagine that we (law abiding gun owners) will get through this impending legislation without more restrictions, but I hope that I am wrong. As to how they might affect me and my guns is immaterial, as I believe it is my duty as a citizen (and as a sworn defender of the Constitution) to voice my objections as loudly as I can.

If laws are passed that require registration or confiscation of firearms it is my opinion that many Americans will become criminals with the stroke of Obama's pen in signing it into law, as many will not comply. I will not argue that people should act in one way or another because I do agree with the people who say that it would be an "illegal law", so it is therefore not binding. Nor will I argue that people should turn in their guns or not.

But what do we achieve by those actions? Very little or even nothing in my opinion. The only way we can achieve anything of any real measure is if we protest vocally and peacefully. What sort of peaceful protest could we engage in that would get our message across to the anti-gunners that we are a law abiding bunch, and we do care about our children and the other innocent victims of these unspeakable acts?

Do we march on Washington DC city limits? If so then we cannot concealed-carry while doing so inside the city. How about we lay siege to Washington DC? What are Maryland and Virginia's reciprocity laws on CCW? I figure the city limits border runs about 15 miles or so, give or take. How many people would it take to blockade the entire city with people linking arms (of course boats would have to be used to cover the Potomac), but can you imagine the impact?

Any other ideas?
On the contrary, if such registration/confiscation legislation passes, every second amendment lawyer in the nation will begin preparing to fight that law on constitutional grounds. It would go down in history as one of the great civil rights Supreme Court cases. And I think we as gun owners would win that one. It may not be pleasant for us in the mean time, but afterwards we may finally be able to breathe a sigh of relief over the constant complaints of anti-gunners.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 12-27-2012, 04:41 AM   #202
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8456 Times on 4899 Posts
Likes Given: 11022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Viking...the only way on earth to convince librals that they are wrong about guns is to mug there men and rape there women.

When the **** does hit the fan, these latte sipping sicophans will be the first to suffer the new reality.

Me and mind will continue to keep our faith in our god and our guns...and god help those who coming looking to change that.

Tack
Who is going to do the mugging and raping? Certainly not me (and I think I know you well enough to say that you would not be raping and pillaging either). My question is not "What will it take?" but rather "What can we, the law abiding gun owners of America, do?" and to this I posed my suggestion.

We will not convince them with our bravado, or getting in their faces. We can only convince them through other means and that is what I am trying to determine.

Can you imagine a hundred thousand gun owners, many of them concealed carrying, pulling off a blockade without any violence? That would make a powerful statement. I imagine the cops would treat us quite differently than they did the Occupy protestors in Oakland, knowing that some of us were armed.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:13 AM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post
It may not be pleasant for us in the mean time, but afterwards we may finally be able to breathe a sigh of relief over the constant complaints of anti-gunners.
Don't bet on it. This fight will last long after we are all gone.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:13 AM   #204
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post
It's a felony to carry a firearm onto school property in NC. We tried to get it amended with to a misdemeanor just as a stepping stone, but that language was struck and ultimately the bill never passed. In the new session I will urge my congresspersons to revisit the issue.
I know a student here in nc that got caught with a knife in his truck, they gave him hell about it...

Old 12-27-2012, 05:30 AM   #205

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper View Post
I know a student here in nc that got caught with a knife in his truck, they gave him hell about it...
Technically, any blade but a razor or nail file could land you in prison. So I just carry the biggest knife I feel comfortable carrying, since it doesn't matter much. If the cops wanna put me in jail, they won't have too hard a time of it. What a world.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 12-27-2012, 05:37 AM   #206

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Of course none of us would be out victizing others and wouldn't need to. Once the threat of armed citizens is removed, violent confrotational crimes will skyrocket as they did in England and Australia.

The latte sipping sycophants I speak of will shocked to have there heads caved in by the very same poor underprivileged souls they currently cry over whenever one them gets taken down by an LEO or an armed citizen.

The example of western European gun control...as shockingly bad as it is...is actually quite successful compared to the reality of imposing the same measures on the US with our 330 Million member melting pot of differing cultures, religions, and values.

Our current gang culture and it's breakdown along racial lines gives a good example of how Americans would seek to protect themselves in a post 2A world with a sinking economy.

Lack of trust and insufficient police protection will exacerbate racial tension, create more strife and distrust along racial lines and the violence will spiral out of control.

I can easily envision Americas murder rate jumping by a factor of 10 with nothing more than a gun prohibition and an economy slightly worse than it today.

The means of avoiding this possible future lays in making sure our civil servants know where we stand and that they fully understand our resolve.

By resolve, I do not mean bravado...I mean reminding them of the fact that we are not English...We are not Australian...We are Americans and we bow for no ones leaders...not even our own.

Tack

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Who is going to do the mugging and raping? Certainly not me (and I think I know you well enough to say that you would not be raping and pillaging either). My question is not "What will it take?" but rather "What can we, the law abiding gun owners of America, do?" and to this I posed my suggestion.

We will not convince them with our bravado, or getting in their faces. We can only convince them through other means and that is what I am trying to determine.

Can you imagine a hundred thousand gun owners, many of them concealed carrying, pulling off a blockade without any violence? That would make a powerful statement. I imagine the cops would treat us quite differently than they did the Occupy protestors in Oakland, knowing that some of us were armed.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Of course none of us would be out victizing others and wouldn't need to. Once the threat of armed citizens is removed, violent confrotational crimes will skyrocket as they did in England and Australia.

The latte sipping sycophants I speak of will shocked to have there heads caved in by the very same poor underprivileged souls they currently cry over whenever one them gets taken down by an LEO or an armed citizen.

The example of western European gun control...as shockingly bad as it is...is actually quite successful compared to the reality of imposing the same measures on the US with our 330 Million member melting pot of differing cultures, religions, and values.

Our current gang culture and it's breakdown along racial lines gives a good example of how Americans would seek to protect themselves in a post 2A world with a sinking economy.

Lack of trust and insufficient police protection will exacerbate racial tension, create more strife and distrust along racial lines and the violence will spiral out of control.

I can easily envision Americas murder rate jumping by a factor of 10 with nothing more than a gun prohibition and an economy slightly worse than it today.

The means of avoiding this possible future lays in making sure our civil servants know where we stand and that they fully understand our resolve.

By resolve, I do not mean bravado...I mean reminding them of the fact that we are not English...We are not Australian...We are Americans and we bow for no ones leaders...not even our own.

Tack

Tack
One need not look any farther than our neighbors to the south for a perfect example of what you are describing. Mexico has strict gun control. They also have a history of disconnect between the governing officials and the people. That gap has widened over the years, probably more so since their more recent gun bans went into effect in the early 1970's.
From Wikipedia:
Quote:
The 1960s were marked by a series of anti-government movements that escalated to the Tlatelolco massacre, prompting then-President Echeverría and Mexican Congress to modified Article 10 of the Constitution to its present form today, which permits private ownership of firearms within the home only. In January of 1972, with the enactment of the Federal Law of Firearms and Explosives, the legal proliferation of firearms among the population was heavily limited and restricted.

Since its conception, the Federal Law of Firearms and Explosives has had several of its articles reformed in an effort to further restrict firearm ownership and their proliferation, by imposing stricter rules for their acquisition and tougher penalties for violations.[16
What I don't understand is why the Hell do we not, as gun owners and 2A advocates, use Mexico as an example of what can happen? The Brits and Aussies are still going down the path that Mexico started on 40 freaking years ago(!!!!!) yet we still use the more recent examples of citizen disarmament posed by the countries on the other side of the world.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #208

Liked 2498 Times on 1624 Posts

Viking- why haven't I been using Mexico as an example of gun control? I was ignorant of the facts. I assumed they were too poor of a population to afford weapons. I can now use this knowledge to stock my arsenal of facts against gun control. This, with constant reminders of the fast and furious debacle to those who seem to forget it already,should be all we need. Thanks.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 12-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #209

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Some of ya'll want to hack on me because you say I'm picking and choosing which firearms laws I'll follow and which ones I'll ignore. Well, give this a read.
http://www.infowars.com/the-bill-of-rights-is-not-negotiable-share-this-urgent-declaration/

This is the War Room!"

Old 12-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #210
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2110 Times on 1157 Posts
Likes Given: 630

The main reason I have a carry mentality is the run ins I had with street gangs when I was a teen in Los Angeles. Yes we had them back in the 50's so dont think it is just a current problem. I managed to get away the first time but some friends did not and were badly beaten along with having their cars vandalized. I started carrying a machete in my car and I was taught how to use it. Yes it probably was illegal but I was faced with multiple attackers. The second time I got forced off the road and jumped out of the car with the machete in hand. They beat a very hasty retreat and I was not bothered again so the word must have gotten out. Since then I have almost always had something that could be used as weapon in my vehicle. A pistol is just a whole bunch more convenient and now at my age a lot easier to use. Women and seniors are the most vulnerable targets for opportunistic predators/criminals. I have kept a hammer, hatchet, 2' piece of 350mcm rubber covered copper cable and other items. The point is I will always be armed with something. People will always find something to attack or defend themselves with. It is the coward that will not defend themselves and wants all weapons banned. If that were to happen then the big and strong will hold sway over the small and weak and they will wish for an equalizer.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

People Like This