Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

what are these firearms restrictions you all speak of?

Here in VT, it's carry cocnealed to your hearts content

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Scratchammo Likes This 
Old 07-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #12

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

I move we rename GFZs murder zones!

Old 07-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #13

Liked 1096 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

On private property a business owner, "if they notice it" can ask you to leave. If you comply there are no consequences...if you refuse, they can trespass you which would mean a possible citation for trespass.

On public property, such as schools, penalties differ by jurisdiction but tend to fall into the "misdemeanor" category...pay a fine and your done with possible loss of your CCW.

My point is that CONCEALED MEANS CONCEALED, if a person lacks the intellect to successfully conceal a handgun, perhaps they should reconsider carrying all together.

History has proven that the MOST DANGEROUS places we visit are GFZ's. Why on earth would any rational person who's already exercising there right to personal security sacrifice this right when the potential consequences on both sides are SOOOO completely lopsided?

Many CCW holders refer to non gun folks as sheeple. I maintain that any CCW holder who obeys GFZ's are the BIGGEST sheeple walking the earth.

For you Zombiegirl, being an educator, the penalty of carrying at work could very well end your career.

My company too has a "no weapons" policy which I choose to ignore because for me, my safety and the safety of my coworkers trumps my current paycheck.

Paychecks can be replaced...lives can not.

Tack
My work has a no firearm on property, but since I work in Illinois I have it locked in the glove box which is completely stupid!!! I hope that Illinois will see some kind of light, but the Colorado shooting probably will not help. Some people at my work knows I have it in my glove box and no one has said anything.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #14

Liked 4785 Times on 2314 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
My work has a no firearm on property, but since I work in Illinois I have it locked in the glove box which is completely stupid!!! I hope that Illinois will see some kind of light, but the Colorado shooting probably will not help. Some people at my work knows I have it in my glove box and no one has said anything.
My employer too has a "no weapons" policy but he lacks hardware and personal to make his edict anymore than a shield from litigation which shows zero concern for my safety. For ^^THIS^^ reason, I choose to ignore his policy.

I'll find out how he feel about my blatant disregard for his judgement when and if I'm forced to save his life...
Old 07-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Lol your lucky enough to be in the 2 states that allow concealed carry without a permit. Alaska being the other

Old 07-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #16

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Honestly, now that I think about it... this is a public forum for all to see, the last thing we need is to post about breaking the law.

We are responsible law abiding gun owners. We dont need a visitor or new member thinking otherwise.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 07-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #17

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988 View Post
We are responsible law abiding gun owners. We dont need a visitor or new member thinking otherwise.
tell that to the victims and thier families in Aurora CO

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 07-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #18

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
tell that to the victims and thier families in Aurora CO
It is much easier to change someone's opinion for the worse than for the better. My point was not to say don't carry in GFZ's but not to post it for everyone to see, then it makes us LOOK like the bad guy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 07-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #19

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Quote:
It is much easier to change someone's opinion for the worse than for the better. My point was not to say don't carry in GFZ's but not to post it for everyone to see, then it makes us LOOK like the bad guy.
I think the point is that no matter what you try to portray to these type of people, logic is thrown out the window and their opinion is already established. I for one am tired of trying to go along to get along. They don't follow those same rules and beat us about the head and shoulders to push their opinions and agendas. It is high time to treat them the same way and do as we please.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #20

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Honestly, now that I think about it... this is a public forum for all to see, the last thing we need is to post about breaking the law.

In most states the "No guns" signs don't carry the weight of the law but are simply store/business policy...not including the obvious exceptions...courthouses, airports, gov't facilities etc. I look at it as more of a civil disobedience thing, not malicious law breaking. I don't think anyone is going to log on here and say 'I'm taking my roscoe to the courthouse today, screw the law'...If they do, they'll get gone fast...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
Scratchammo Likes This