Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting - Page 19
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #181
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

If nothing else I guess this thread shows who will and who will not give up there guns when "laws" are passed making them illegal. Some folks follow the law no matter how Unconstitutional or idiotic that law is because it's how they've been conditioned to be. Other, FREE THINKING folks know better and can understand that a "law" isn't necessarily "THE LAW" when it jeopardizes our safety or our Constitutionally Guaranteed Freedoms. Just because Hitler made a "law" saying guns were banned didn't mean all those folks should have followed that law and just because Obama makes a similar law doesn't mean we should either. God given, inalienable Rights are just that, Rights that come from God and no person or government can take those Rights away with any law. I have the Right to defend myself by any means necessary. I'd rather break a stupid law and be alive then be law abiding and dead.

This is the War Room!"
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 12-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #182
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 254 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 88

GFZ'S are dedicated hunting preserves of the helpless for wacko scum.

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

TNFrank Likes This 
Old 12-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #183
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21582 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
If nothing else I guess this thread shows who will and who will not give up there guns when "laws" are passed making them illegal. Some folks follow the law no matter how Unconstitutional or idiotic that law is because it's how they've been conditioned to be. Other, FREE THINKING folks know better and can understand that a "law" isn't necessarily "THE LAW" when it jeopardizes our safety or our Constitutionally Guaranteed Freedoms. Just because Hitler made a "law" saying guns were banned didn't mean all those folks should have followed that law and just because Obama makes a similar law doesn't mean we should either. God given, inalienable Rights are just that, Rights that come from God and no person or government can take those Rights away with any law. I have the Right to defend myself by any means necessary. I'd rather break a stupid law and be alive then be law abiding and dead.
so Frank it's alright to abide by laws as long as you agree with them or they suit your needs? you could up making some new friends in prison with that type of attitude!

personally, i don't like anyplace being declared a GFZ without proper security measures to ensure peoples safety. personally, IMO, most GFZ's are not properly secured, so therefor i would avoid them, but still respect and abide by the law, and noticed i did disagree with it, but still abided by it.

personally, i think your post comes off more as being a keyboard commando than anything. you talk a tough game, but at the end of the day, it's just tough talk, right Frank?
Old 12-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
so Frank it's alright to abide by laws as long as you agree with them or they suit your needs?
It has nothing to do with my agreeing with them or not. It has EVERYTHING to do with them Infringing on my Constitutional Rights and my God Given Rights. Taking away my means of protection is an Infringement on my personal Rights and I can't agree with any so called "law" that does that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
personally, i think your post comes off more as being a keyboard commando than anything. you talk a tough game, but at the end of the day, it's just tough talk, right Frank?
If it makes you feel better about following Unconstitutional, Authoritarian government laws by saying that about me then you just keep saying it.
At 51 years old I've simply had Enough and just won't take any more Infringements on my Rights.
This is the War Room!"

Last edited by TNFrank; 12-26-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #185

Quote:
It has nothing to do with my agreeing with them or not. It has EVERYTHING to do with them Infringing on my Constitutional Rights and my God Given Rights. Taking away my means of protection is an Infringement on my personal Rights and I can't agree with any so called "law" that does that.
so what you are saying is because you feel they are infringing on your 2nd admendment rights, that makes it alright to disregard or break the law?

for the record, personally i feel every gun control law ever made is infringing on the 2nd admendment. but i am not going to pick and choose which ones that i will abide by. you can and when you end up getting arrested for your actions, please do use your one phone call to let us know how it worked out for you.

just for the record, on property rights of a business owner, which i fully support as being superior to the gun owners right to carry, try and pull that attitude of yours in some states, and you will end up with friend named Bubba who will be glad to show you some jailhouse love.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #186

So, just how far do we let them take it then? If they totally ban/outlaw handguns will you still carry? If they pass a ban on all semi-autos will you turn yours in? If they actually do pass a British Style firearms law here are you going to put all your guns in a safe at the local shooting range? At what point will you stand up for your Rights and stop allowing them to Infringe on them? I mean you don't want to break any laws now, do ya'.

This is the War Room!"

Old 12-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #187
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

The penalty for being caught varies by state. In South Carolina, carrying in a GFZ is a felony, with mandatory 5 years in prison. No plea bargain, no reduced sentence, no probation. 5 years.
So I don't go to gun-free zones.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 12-26-2012 at 03:32 PM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
The penalty for being caught varies by state. In South Carolina, carrying in a GFZ is a felony, with mandatory 5 years in prison. No plea bargain, no reduced sentence, no probation. 5 years.
And the penalty for being caught without a gun in a GFZ if a mad man starts shooting people would be Death. A possible 5 years vs Death, not much of a choice there IMHO.
I'd just like to know at what point do ya'll stand up and say "NO!, NO MORE!" or are you just going to continue to follow all the laws to the point where we end up only have sticks and rocks to fight back with?
This is the War Room!"

Old 12-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #189
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
And the penalty for being caught without a gun in a GFZ if a mad man starts shooting people would be Death. A possible 5 years vs Death, not much of a choice there IMHO.
I'd just like to know at what point do ya'll stand up and say "NO!, NO MORE!" or are you just going to continue to follow all the laws to the point where we end up only have sticks and rocks to fight back with?
I won't be caught in a GFZ if I don't go there.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #190

Quote:
So, just how far do we let them take it then? If they totally ban/outlaw handguns will you still carry? If they pass a ban on all semi-autos will you turn yours in? If they actually do pass a British Style firearms law here are you going to put all your guns in a safe at the local shooting range? At what point will you stand up for your Rights and stop allowing them to Infringe on them?
Frank you're preaching to the choir! you want change and to do something positive other than spouting off on a firearms forum? then get involved! join the NRA or any gun rights group, email your legislators, email your states representatives, write letters to you local newspapers. do something positive to effect some positive changes in our gun rights. but advocating or even condoning breaking the law isn't the answer and will cause more problems and will make you a liability to the gun rights cause rather than an asset.

doing the wrong thing for the rights reasons is still wrong and unlawful. your attitude in regards to you thinking it's infringing on your Constitutional rights and advocating breaking the law because you don't agree with them, gives the liberal gun haters more evidence that we need stricter gun control laws and bans.

there is clear evidence that we as responsible gun owners are making positve changes, slowly but it is happening. look at how many states now have CC. look at how many have Castle Laws. look at the real polls even in light of recent tragic events. it hasn't happened overnight, but it is slowly happening because people do want to be able to defend themselves. our strength comes from numbers. become an asset and not a liabilty to the cause.