Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting - Page 17
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #161
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

All I can say is that when criminals start paying attention to the "Gun Free Zone" laws and following them then I will too. Until then I'm going to keep the playing field level by exercising my Right To Carry in order to protect myself and others. It's sad that Common Sense isn't all that common anymore.

This is the War Room!"

Old 12-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #162
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21391 Times on 12141 Posts
Likes Given: 53272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
The gun free zones that are on private property would have to be enforced by filing a civil complaint. Those aren't laws.
private property is private property. i have stated this before many times, that i feel the rights of the property owner trump those of the person carrying, period. in this matter i have to side with the property owner and say his rights are paramount to any others. because when they say what another can or cannot do on your property, that's a larger violation of rights.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #163

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Private Property that has Public Access isn't really "private" now is it. Places like Malls, Churches, Restaurants, or any place else with free Public access is a place where lawful CCW's should be allowed to carry. If it's truly private like someone's home or if you have to pay to get in then that's a different story.

This is the War Room!"

Old 12-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #164
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8174 Times on 4719 Posts
Likes Given: 10535

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
private property is private property. i have stated this before many times, that i feel the rights of the property owner trump those of the person carrying, period. in this matter i have to side with the property owner and say his rights are paramount to any others. because when they say what another can or cannot do on your property, that's a larger violation of rights.
I would agree with you to a certain extent, but only as far as private property that is not open to the public. A shopping mall or even a public school should not be able to prevent from concealed carry. On the other hand a smaller business such as a store that is located inside a shopping mall should be able to post no-carry. A person should be able to post their own home, or a private club or membership based business (such as Costco) should be post as well.

Last edited by Vikingdad; 12-25-2012 at 09:35 PM.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 12-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
Private Property that has Public Access isn't really "private" now is it. Places like Malls, Churches, Restaurants, or any place else with free Public access is a place where lawful CCW's should be allowed to carry. If it's truly private like someone's home or if you have to pay to get in then that's a different story.
by all intent of present law, yes it is still private property. so if i own a business, and i for whatever reason don't want someone carrying on my property, you feel that their right to carry, over-rules my rights as property owner?

i'm sorry, but i feel you are quite wrong on this. it's my property, that i pay for, i pay the bills on, so therefor i get to make the rules, not you or any civil complaint is goingto change my mind on this. if you don't agree or like it, then take your business elsewhere. you have the right to vote with your wallet. that's my position.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #166

Liked 26 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 18

If "private" property owners are serious about keeping guns off their property they need to spend a little more money than the cost of a sign and install security entrances with metal detectors and security guards. If anyone can walk in with a gun in their waistband so will I.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:31 PM   #167

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

I would say any property "owner" who receives tax credits, tax subsidies or any kind of financial assistance from local, state or fed Gov't should not be allowed to infringe on our rights.

Carry or not, who's the wiser if you keep it to yourself?

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

TNFrank Likes This 
Old 12-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #168

Quote:
by all intent of present law, yes it is still private property. so if i own a business, and i for whatever reason don't want someone carrying on my property, you feel that their right to carry, over-rules my rights as property owner?

i'm sorry, but i feel you are quite wrong on this. it's my property, that i pay for, i pay the bills on, so therefor i get to make the rules, not you or any civil complaint is goingto change my mind on this. if you don't agree or like it, then take your business elsewhere. you have the right to vote with your wallet. that's my position.
A mall is owned by a corporation and sets the rule for the property. The business owners housed within that mall have no choice in the matter therefore their 2A rights are being violated. I say that business owners should not have a mandated ban, they should be able to choose what they want for their own business.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:54 PM   #169

well anyone that wants to violate the rights of property owners. then let me put it another way. put the shoe on the other foot. you own a business and put up no smoking signs and someone comes into your place of business and lights up a cigarette, then you by your own admission have no right ot bitch and moan that they have violated your wishes.

if you want others to respect your rights and wishes, then you need to respect those of others. fair is fair, and IMO, my rights as property owner over-rule your rights to carry on my property. even if access is granted to the general public, it's still private property.

Old 12-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #170

Quote:
well anyone that wants to violate the rights of property owners. then let me put it another way. put the shoe on the other foot. you own a business and put up no smoking signs and someone comes into your place of business and lights up a cigarette, then you by your own admission have no right ot bitch and moan that they have violated your wishes.

if you want others to respect your rights and wishes, then you need to respect those of others. fair is fair, and IMO, my rights as property owner over-rule your rights to carry on my property. even if access is granted to the general public, it's still private property.
Bad analogy. If a customer pulls out his gun and starts target practice in your store then it is like a smoker ignoring "no smoking" signs. He can still have cigarettes and matches in his pocket, or even out in the open where they can be seen.

A concealed carry prohibition is like banning diapers. You should never know if the person has them on or not, but if they need it you by God better hope they are wearing them!

Rather than a sign that says "Gun Free Zone" perhaps they should have signs that say "Illegal possession or illegal discharge of firearms is strictly prohibited on these premises".

But that would just be sensible, which is why they don't do it that way.