Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting - Page 16
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #151
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

I got banned from another firearms forum for having "Just say NO! to Gun Free Zones" in my sig line. I was also given a good talking to about how I was making all the law abiding CCW folks look bad by saying that I think "Gun Free Zones" are pretty much Unconstitutional and should be ignored. Better judged by 12 then carried by 6. If just one of the 6 teachers that were killed at Sandy Hook had ignored the "Gun Free Zone" law and had a gun then they'd still be 20 kids alive to celebrate Christmas with their families this morning.
If we take the "Shall Not Infringe" part of the 2nd Amendment seriously then ANY and ALL firearms laws that are on the books should be ignored since they ALL Infringe on our Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

This is the War Room!"
People Like This 
Old 12-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #152
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
I got banned from another firearms forum for having "Just say NO! to Gun Free Zones" in my sig line. I was also given a good talking to about how I was making all the law abiding CCW folks look bad by saying that I think "Gun Free Zones" are pretty much Unconstitutional and should be ignored. Better judged by 12 then carried by 6. If just one of the 6 teachers that were killed at Sandy Hook had ignored the "Gun Free Zone" law and had a gun then they'd still be 20 kids alive to celebrate Christmas with their families this morning.
If we take the "Shall Not Infringe" part of the 2nd Amendment seriously then ANY and ALL firearms laws that are on the books should be ignored since they ALL Infringe on our Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
The teacher would have been a true hero for shutting down the perp, then would have gone to jail for daring to do something that made sense.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #153

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Frank,

My policy is a personal choice. Each individual must decide for themselves whether or not this level of civil disobedience is for them.

We all know that shooters target GFZ's. Those who would choose to enter them unarmed are doing so at there own risk...

To clarify...I'm not an activist handing out in GFZ's looking for attention and I hope no one takes this course of action. I simply believe them to so be stupid and dangerous...and I ceased suffering fools a long time ago.
Tack
Old 12-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #154

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
The teacher would have been a true hero for shutting down the perp, then would have gone to jail for daring to do something that made sense.
Certain someone would have called for an arrest and trial...but as silly as these laws are...they still have to find a jury willing to convict.

I'd sure like to see em try.

Tack
Old 12-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #155
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
now while i do agree with you about GFZ's, i for one don't and won't advocate breaking the law. i feel like Tack, this comes down to a personal decision that each person has to decide what's best for them. personally i would comply and just avoid anyplace that was a GFZ and leave it at that.

and i agree that the part of the 2nd is violated by any gun control law, ban or restriction. but to ignore any law there is, whether we agree or not is still breaking the law.we have to band together and use the strength of our numbers to make positive changes. and those changes are happening, slowly and surely. look at how many states now have Castle Laws or those similar compared to 15 years ago. look at how many states now have CC as an option compared to 15 years ago. look at just recently how the USSC overturned the rights of gun owners in Illinois. changes for the good of law abiding gun owners is changing, and we have made these in spite of what a few idiots who have wantonly killed innocent people and then to be glorified for their actions in the media. the media. the liberal gun haters and the politicians have tried to overthrow the law abiding gun owners and have been struck down. look at the rising numbers who have joined the NRA and other groups like them. we are making positive steps forward.

Old 12-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #156
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8486 Times on 4912 Posts
Likes Given: 11040

So it is OK to ignore some laws if you disagree with them as long as you aren't caught, but if you are caught you would not argue with the consequences?

Old 12-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #157

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Laws that Infringe on our 2nd Amendment Rights are not LEGAL laws to begin with. It's like them passing a law saying you can't be Jewish anymore or that you can't anything negative about the president, those laws would be "null and void" right from the start because they're totally Unconstitutional.
Until we stand up for our Rights and stop letting them bluff us into submission we'll never truly be Free anymore. The Constitution and Bill of Rights trump any and all laws that have been or will be passed by the government.

This is the War Room!"

Old 12-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #158

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

The gun free zones that are on private property would have to be enforced by filing a civil complaint. Those aren't laws.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:17 PM   #159

Quote:
Laws that Infringe on our 2nd Amendment Rights are not LEGAL laws to begin with. It's like them passing a law saying you can't be Jewish anymore or that you can't anything negative about the president, those laws would be "null and void" right from the start because they're totally Unconstitutional.
Until we stand up for our Rights and stop letting them bluff us into submission we'll never truly be Free anymore. The Constitution and Bill of Rights trump any and all laws that have been or will be passed by the government.
Perhaps in theory that is true, but the reality is that illegal laws get passed all the time, then you need to have a test case where some schmuck takes it all the way to the SCOTUS to see what they say about that specific law. The whole gay marriage thing is an example of this in action. In California a few years ago we passed Proposition 8 which limits marriage to between one man and one woman only. The SCOTUS has granted a review on December 11th of this year and an opinion is expected in March. The case is Hollingsworth v. Perry.

It seems that each state or perhaps each jurisdiction would have to bring a case up through the different courts as far as GFZ's are concerned.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
The gun free zones that are on private property would have to be enforced by filing a civil complaint. Those aren't laws.
As stated earlier it depends on the state. Some states have laws governing the matter. If it were just a civil matter on private property then would it not be a civil matter if you violated the posting? That may be the case where you are but it is not the case everywhere.