Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3704 Times on 1826 Posts
Likes Given: 1005

Well said OC...and if you have the time to be an a activist, more power to you.

Given the respectful tone of your posts I've no doubt you represent our cause very well and appreciate your efforts.

I would however, ask you to understand that a guy like myself who's working full time, raising 4 children, and is the responsible party for all matters concerning my mothers care, has ZERO time for observation of other people bull **** and will willfully disregard any policy that places my ability to protect myself at a disadvantage.

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
You have a right not to patronize businesses with a gun buster sign that speaks much louder than breaking the law. I have cards that I leave with business owners/managers that ban firearms from their business, The cards reads I can not do business in your establishment due to your lack of respect of my right to defend myself. It has my name and phone number on the card. In NC we have a list of gun friendly businesses. I have had a few idiots call saying they don't want someone waving a gun around in their business. I calmly tell them that CCP holders are by far the most law abiding group of citizens in the US. I also tell them if one can afford the training, permit fees and the purchase of a firearm they have a little disposable income. Some say I don't care! I don't try to argue my point any further. CCP holders as a group are ideal customers. if they don't want ideal customers in their business I am not going to try to fix stupid.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #122

I hope it ends up on a liberal blog!

Contrary to conventional wisdom, liberals are not inherently stupid...they are simply misinformed AND suffer from a lack of emotional and sexual maturity.

We can help with the problem of missinformation but I'm afraid there other 2 issues will require "professional" assistance.

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
Regardless of how you feel about gun buster signs you should respect them. Remember the world is reading our words. Advertising illegal activities is not good! Next week this thread will be in a liberal blog. I hope this thread is deleted ASAP.

Hunting season opens here in two weeks. I have been asking all the clerks in the stores I frequent if they are comfortable with open carry. All store employees reacted in a positive manner. In fact, one store manager gave me an employee discount for respecting her store.

In NC the renewal of your CCP is at the discretion of the local Sheriff. Even if no one presses charges you might find that renewing your CCP requires a trip to superior court, instead of the normal discussion of ammo prices and who has a sale on widely desired guns with the deputy issuing permits.

In Franklin county NC LE knows CCP carriers are law abiding citizens and possibly their invisible partners.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #123

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A
Well said!
2nd Well said!

Old 12-22-2012, 06:29 AM   #124

In light of recent events I though it prudent to revive this thread for our newer members consumption.

Tack

Old 12-22-2012, 07:43 AM   #125

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
In light of recent events I though it prudent to revive this thread for our newer members consumption.

Tack
This thread should be revived every 30 days.
Tack your are hereby elected "THE REVIVER"

Old 12-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #126

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

Tack

Name:  attention_whore.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  21.3 KB

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

People Like This 
Old 12-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #127
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 899 Times on 538 Posts
Likes Given: 1251

The only reason for "gun-free" zones is to give LE an excuse to arrest ordinary citizens and confiscate their guns. A dip$#!t bent on committing mayhem will ignore the signs, just like he ignores "Thou shall not kill wantanly, nor for personal gain" (the real commandment).

Old 12-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #128

Liked 379 Times on 245 Posts
Likes Given: 1289

I agree with the general premise.
However the building I currently work in its a felony charge.

So I will carry everywhere except work (which is a shame but we do have a plethora of armed guards in thebuilding , but they are only armed with handguns at least the ones in the open.. I wish I could just put my M4gery under my desk and leave it there )

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix

Old 12-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #129

Liked 3678 Times on 1755 Posts
Likes Given: 619

I think gun free zones are by design to create these types of shootings so the anti gunners can get their hands on our guns.'Oh look! A school shooting!!! Finally!!! It's our chance!!!'

It's the only logical explanation I can come up with, being that they intentionally cover up all guns used to stop these attacks, and voices of victims who claim if they were armed they could have stopped it.

As a victim of a violent crime myself, I know first hand that an attack can go on for up to 10 minutes...

Dude I was stabbed in a fight that occurred in the middle of the mainest street in the city, right in front of designer high end stores. The fight lasted for minutes, stopped, then the escalated later when the guy came back with 2 knives. That fight lasted around 5-10 minutes, and the paramedics got there to take me to the hospital before the cops arrived.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #130
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16828 Times on 9752 Posts
Likes Given: 43896

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
I think gun free zones are by design to create these types of shootings so the anti gunners can get their hands on our guns.'Oh look! A school shooting!!! Finally!!! It's our chance!!!'

It's the only logical explanation I can come up with, being that they intentionally cover up all guns used to stop these attacks, and voices of victims who claim if they were armed they could have stopped it.

As a victim of a violent crime myself, I know first hand that an attack can go on for up to 10 minutes...

Dude I was stabbed in a fight that occurred in the middle of the mainest street in the city, right in front of designer high end stores. The fight lasted for minutes, stopped, then the escalated later when the guy came back with 2 knives. That fight lasted around 5-10 minutes, and the paramedics got there to take me to the hospital before the cops arrived.
if anyone would create a GFZ to allow innocent children to be shot to further their cause or agenda, is just as much a POS as the shooter himself! to promote such an agenda is foolish and criminal. to allow an environment that would allow the senseless killing of anyone who is unarmed or unable to defend themselves without regard is just wrong. this applies to the theater shooting in Aurora as well.

the only way you can have a true GFZ is with proper safeguards in place to ensure the safety of those who go there. without that, all you have are unarmed defenceless potential victims if a demented individual decides to go an a killing spree.