Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 06:53 AM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

image-891083577.jpg

image-2059858660.jpg

image-3232915595.jpg

image-1207957535.jpg

There you have it.....
image-3477952543.jpg  
Old 10-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #112

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Regardless of how you feel about gun buster signs you should respect them. Remember the world is reading our words. Advertising illegal activities is not good! Next week this thread will be in a liberal blog. I hope this thread is deleted ASAP.

Hunting season opens here in two weeks. I have been asking all the clerks in the stores I frequent if they are comfortable with open carry. All store employees reacted in a positive manner. In fact, one store manager gave me an employee discount for respecting her store.

In NC the renewal of your CCP is at the discretion of the local Sheriff. Even if no one presses charges you might find that renewing your CCP requires a trip to superior court, instead of the normal discussion of ammo prices and who has a sale on widely desired guns with the deputy issuing permits.

In Franklin county NC LE knows CCP carriers are law abiding citizens and possibly their invisible partners.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 10-01-2012 at 12:26 PM.
vincent Likes This 
Old 10-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #113
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5117 Times on 2663 Posts
Likes Given: 310

I dont agree. Laws that put the lives of your family and yourself at risk, i believe i have a duty to ignore.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 10-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #114
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdrduck View Post
I misspoke, the $10,000 is for carrying while intoxicated, it's $500 for carrying in a posted area and they can pull your license and put you in jail for 30 days. We don't have too many public owned places that you can't carry... schools, court houses, jails and I think all post offices are few. What I find odd is when I go to the nearest town of about 500 the bank has a sign, when I go to the "big city" of about 60,000 I have yet to run into one.
And Tack, thanks for your service.
Its a 200$ civil forfeiture in wisconsin for ignoring a gun free murder zone sign. It carries less liability than not picking up your dog's poo on the sidewalk... no jail time for ignoring them is possible the officer cannot even arrest you for it unless you dont leave when a police officer asks you too.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #115
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1992 Times on 1080 Posts
Likes Given: 716

Here in Iowa, GFZ's carry no penalty except on the few locations outlined in the law itself (capitol building, etc). In such cases, I typically just keep it in my pocket. Otherwise it will stay in the car because I really don't want to be a test case.

Why? Because my right to defend myself is beyond law. That may shock some of you, but what do you think the founders meant by inalienable rights given by God?

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
People Like This 
Old 10-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #116
FTF_MODERATOR.png

I look at gun free zones the same exact way that the freedom riders viewed the racial segregation laws of the 50's...

But maybe those folks should have just respected the law and not ignored it so no one would write bad things about them

Old 10-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #117

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I fail to see the problem?

If I am concealed carrying, as I am right now, no one should know. That is the point. The train I am on does not say no CCW, but it does have pictures with red lines thru them and one is a needle and a revolver in the same picture. I nave no formal law training, no am I an artist or a cast member on Sesame Street. For all I know they are indicating that you can not commit drug crime on this train.

But if something were to occur and the need arose, personally, I would MUCH rather explain why I had a weapon and used it in self defense than be lying in an ambulance, or worse an exam table in the morgue, telling my story (or having it told for me post mordum).

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away. Think about how long of a duration that is and make up your own mind on the issue.

JD

Old 10-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #118
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1338 Times on 791 Posts
Likes Given: 3322

I see the owners / operators of gun free zones as Sniper Bait. They are openly telling the Bad Guy where to conduct their business just like the arrogant officer in the field demanding that salute.

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 10-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #119

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

You have a right not to patronize businesses with a gun buster sign that speaks much louder than breaking the law. I have cards that I leave with business owners/managers that ban firearms from their business, The cards reads I can not do business in your establishment due to your lack of respect of my right to defend myself. It has my name and phone number on the card. In NC we have a list of gun friendly businesses. I have had a few idiots call saying they don't want someone waving a gun around in their business. I calmly tell them that CCP holders are by far the most law abiding group of citizens in the US. I also tell them if one can afford the training, permit fees and the purchase of a firearm they have a little disposable income. Some say I don't care! I don't try to argue my point any further. CCP holders as a group are ideal customers. if they don't want ideal customers in their business I am not going to try to fix stupid.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

TDS92A Likes This 
Old 10-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #120
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1338 Times on 791 Posts
Likes Given: 3322

Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
You have a right not to patronize businesses with a gun buster sign that speaks much louder than breaking the law. I have cards that I leave with business owners/managers that ban firearms from their business, The cards reads I can not do business in your establishment due to your lack of respect of my right to defend myself. It has my name and phone number on the card. In NC we have a list of gun friendly businesses. I have had a few idiots call saying they don't want someone waving a gun around in their business. I calmly tell them that CCP holders are by far the most law abiding group of citizens in the US. I also tell them if one can afford the training, permit fees and the purchase of a firearm they have a little disposable income. Some say I don't care! I don't try to argue my point any further. CCP holders as a group are ideal customers. if they don't want ideal customers in their business I am not going to try to fix stupid.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur