Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 12:03 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West central WI
Posts: 377
Liked 106 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Default

I personally think most of the comments on this thread are BS. Most folks on this forum argue that they have the right to carry because they are "law abiding" citizens, not the law breakers, not the "BAD GUYS" that "BREAK" the law. But it is OK to carry when and where you are breaking the law if YOU think it is OK? If you do this, even though no one knows you are doing it... you are breaking the law! You are no longer the "LAW ABIDING CITIZEN" you claim to be. Respect the rights of others. If they don't want you in their place with a gun, don't go in there with a gun. You can't have it both ways. Either you follow the law, or you don't. And don't give me a bunch of 2A crap, law abiding citizens follow the law by definition. If I don't want you in my place with a gun, that is my right, just because you can "hide" (concealed) the fact that you are breaking the law doesn't make it less of a crime. I am really surprised by the number of folks that think it's OK as long as no one knows. I guess it's OK to steal money as long as no one knows you are doing it.

__________________

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

thdrduck is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:15 AM   #92
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

The fact remains that posting a sign that says "No Guns Allowed" doesn't make it a LAW.

Therefor I am not "breaking the law" by carrying.

__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:24 AM   #93
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mid-Atlantic NC
Posts: 4,122
Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdrduck View Post
I personally think most of the comments on this thread are BS. Most folks on this forum argue that they have the right to carry because they are "law abiding" citizens, not the law breakers, not the "BAD GUYS" that "BREAK" the law. But it is OK to carry when and where you are breaking the law if YOU think it is OK? If you do this, even though no one knows you are doing it... you are breaking the law! You are no longer the "LAW ABIDING CITIZEN" you claim to be. Respect the rights of others. If they don't want you in their place with a gun, don't go in there with a gun. You can't have it both ways. Either you follow the law, or you don't. And don't give me a bunch of 2A crap, law abiding citizens follow the law by definition. If I don't want you in my place with a gun, that is my right, just because you can "hide" (concealed) the fact that you are breaking the law doesn't make it less of a crime. I am really surprised by the number of folks that think it's OK as long as no one knows. I guess it's OK to steal money as long as no one knows you are doing it.
I think you misunderstand...In most cases, the 'No Guns' sign DO NOT carry the weight of the law but are simply store/business policy.

Of course there are exeptions where it IS the law but nobody said anything about going to court carrying...
__________________
Member NRA, GOA, GRNC, SAF, NAGR

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
vincent is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:28 AM   #94
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,147
Liked 4985 Times on 2414 Posts
Likes Given: 1586

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdrduck View Post
I personally think most of the comments on this thread are BS. Most folks on this forum argue that they have the right to carry because they are "law abiding" citizens, not the law breakers, not the "BAD GUYS" that "BREAK" the law. But it is OK to carry when and where you are breaking the law if YOU think it is OK? If you do this, even though no one knows you are doing it... you are breaking the law! You are no longer the "LAW ABIDING CITIZEN" you claim to be. Respect the rights of others. If they don't want you in their place with a gun, don't go in there with a gun. You can't have it both ways. Either you follow the law, or you don't. And don't give me a bunch of 2A crap, law abiding citizens follow the law by definition. If I don't want you in my place with a gun, that is my right, just because you can "hide" (concealed) the fact that you are breaking the law doesn't make it less of a crime. I am really surprised by the number of folks that think it's OK as long as no one knows. I guess it's OK to steal money as long as no one knows you are doing it.
Hmm...I'd like to see you say that to any of the victims in Aurora...

...or Columbine, or V Tech, or Lubby's Cafe, or pick your god damn mass shooting "gun free" zone!

The LAW is the LAW...really partner. You know the Jews were following the law when they peacefully climbed onto cattle cars in occupied Europe.

If you want to risk life and limb and "comply"...that's your business, but don't pop in here with your BS comments and disrespect fellow forum members.

PS. Isn't life a lot more fun as a civilian when you can now play with real guns instead of the rubbery duckies they give you Air Farce guys in bootcamp?

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
dog2000tj Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:22 AM   #95
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West central WI
Posts: 377
Liked 106 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Default

I didn't bash any one in particular (unlike you Tack). In my state if you carry where a sign is posted you are breaking the law and are no longer a law abiding citizen period. And "popping" in here is not disrespect to fellow forum members. You don't want to play by the rules then don't get all "preachy" on me. If your state requires a permit I expect you don't have one because you know all Coumbine and Arurora and Jew crap. Don't go playing law abiding citizen when you admit you aren't and then go crying that the media is bashing you for exercising your rights.

And PS. Even us "Air Farce guys" found ourselves on the wrong end of a gun, and it wasn't rubber.

__________________

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

thdrduck is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:49 AM   #96
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,147
Liked 4985 Times on 2414 Posts
Likes Given: 1586

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdrduck View Post
I didn't bash any one in particular (unlike you Tack). In my state if you carry where a sign is posted you are breaking the law and are no longer a law abiding citizen period. And "popping" in here is not disrespect to fellow forum members. You don't want to play by the rules then don't get all "preachy" on me. If your state requires a permit I expect you don't have one because you know all Coumbine and Arurora and Jew crap. Don't go playing law abiding citizen when you admit you aren't and then go crying that the media is bashing you for exercising your rights.

And PS. Even us "Air Farce guys" found ourselves on the wrong end of a gun, and it wasn't rubber.
Duck...

Don't get your panties in a bunch partner... Did you not notice the following the Air Farce comment?

In my state of WA, there is no criminal penalty for ignoring gun buster signs unless your asked to leave and refuse.

In 17 years of daily CCW in both Washington and Oregon, I've yet to "noticed" carrying a weapon.

The point of this thread...following the Aurora shooting...is that CCW folks complying with GFZ's is LUNACY when the possible penalties for or against are so lopsided.

Hmm...carry my gun, get noticed, leave VS don't carry, get dead.

Preachy? Really? From Mr. "The LAW is the LAW?"

Partner, do us a favor, review the location of EVERY mass shooting in the last 20 years, then come back here and tell us we should obey the law.

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:27 AM   #97
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,529
Liked 8815 Times on 5098 Posts
Likes Given: 11488

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdrduck View Post
I personally think most of the comments on this thread are BS. Most folks on this forum argue that they have the right to carry because they are "law abiding" citizens, not the law breakers, not the "BAD GUYS" that "BREAK" the law. But it is OK to carry when and where you are breaking the law if YOU think it is OK? If you do this, even though no one knows you are doing it... you are breaking the law! You are no longer the "LAW ABIDING CITIZEN" you claim to be. Respect the rights of others. If they don't want you in their place with a gun, don't go in there with a gun. You can't have it both ways. Either you follow the law, or you don't. And don't give me a bunch of 2A crap, law abiding citizens follow the law by definition. If I don't want you in my place with a gun, that is my right, just because you can "hide" (concealed) the fact that you are breaking the law doesn't make it less of a crime. I am really surprised by the number of folks that think it's OK as long as no one knows. I guess it's OK to steal money as long as no one knows you are doing it.
At this point it seems to me to be obvious that there were no CCW holders that were present at the theater at the time of the shooting in Aurora. I am not as CCW holder (not available to me here) so I cannot speak on behalf of them, but one guy I know in Reno went to a movie after the shooting and only then did he see the "no weapons" sign. Not sure if he carried into the theater or not, but I do know there were no shootings in that theater that night. I also have no doubt that had there been some whacko opening fire in that theater that night he would have been dead soon after opening fire. By gun or by hand he would have been dead.

In short, just because it is illegal doesn't make it wrong. Just because it is legal doesn't make it right. Words to live by.
__________________
Vikingdad is offline  
vincent Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:07 AM   #98
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 6,979
Liked 2334 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 842

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Duck...

Don't get your panties in a bunch partner... Did you not notice the following the Air Farce comment?
Tack
That Air Farce comment was a little over the top.
__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:24 AM   #99
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,147
Liked 4985 Times on 2414 Posts
Likes Given: 1586

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
That Air Farce comment was a little over the top.
A little rivalry between the Branches of Service is a good thing.
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #100
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pendleton, 29670,South Carolina
Posts: 2,586
Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Default

It depends on what state you are in as to what the penalty is for carrying in a GFZ. In South Carolina it is a felony with 5 years in prison mandatory, permit or no permit.

__________________

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 08-23-2012 at 01:49 PM.
AIKIJUTSU is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
"Do "Gun-Free" Zones Encourage School Shootings?" cnorman18 The Club House 26 04-17-2012 10:57 PM
Another win for gun free zones JonM Politics, Religion and Controversy 10 03-13-2012 07:22 PM
Gun Free Rape Zones JonM Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 36 12-12-2011 02:08 PM
How do you feel about "gun free zones"? bigbomar4 Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 68 07-24-2011 04:14 PM
Point Shooting: Yes? No? gorknoids General Handgun Discussion 35 02-10-2009 02:39 PM