Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 12:03 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 106 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I personally think most of the comments on this thread are BS. Most folks on this forum argue that they have the right to carry because they are "law abiding" citizens, not the law breakers, not the "BAD GUYS" that "BREAK" the law. But it is OK to carry when and where you are breaking the law if YOU think it is OK? If you do this, even though no one knows you are doing it... you are breaking the law! You are no longer the "LAW ABIDING CITIZEN" you claim to be. Respect the rights of others. If they don't want you in their place with a gun, don't go in there with a gun. You can't have it both ways. Either you follow the law, or you don't. And don't give me a bunch of 2A crap, law abiding citizens follow the law by definition. If I don't want you in my place with a gun, that is my right, just because you can "hide" (concealed) the fact that you are breaking the law doesn't make it less of a crime. I am really surprised by the number of folks that think it's OK as long as no one knows. I guess it's OK to steal money as long as no one knows you are doing it.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

People Like This 
Old 08-23-2012, 12:15 AM   #92

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

The fact remains that posting a sign that says "No Guns Allowed" doesn't make it a LAW.

Therefor I am not "breaking the law" by carrying.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:24 AM   #93

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdrduck View Post
I personally think most of the comments on this thread are BS. Most folks on this forum argue that they have the right to carry because they are "law abiding" citizens, not the law breakers, not the "BAD GUYS" that "BREAK" the law. But it is OK to carry when and where you are breaking the law if YOU think it is OK? If you do this, even though no one knows you are doing it... you are breaking the law! You are no longer the "LAW ABIDING CITIZEN" you claim to be. Respect the rights of others. If they don't want you in their place with a gun, don't go in there with a gun. You can't have it both ways. Either you follow the law, or you don't. And don't give me a bunch of 2A crap, law abiding citizens follow the law by definition. If I don't want you in my place with a gun, that is my right, just because you can "hide" (concealed) the fact that you are breaking the law doesn't make it less of a crime. I am really surprised by the number of folks that think it's OK as long as no one knows. I guess it's OK to steal money as long as no one knows you are doing it.
I think you misunderstand...In most cases, the 'No Guns' sign DO NOT carry the weight of the law but are simply store/business policy.

Of course there are exeptions where it IS the law but nobody said anything about going to court carrying...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 08-23-2012, 12:28 AM   #94

Liked 4985 Times on 2414 Posts
Likes Given: 1586

Quote:
Hmm...I'd like to see you say that to any of the victims in Aurora...

...or Columbine, or V Tech, or Lubby's Cafe, or pick your god damn mass shooting "gun free" zone!

The LAW is the LAW...really partner. You know the Jews were following the law when they peacefully climbed onto cattle cars in occupied Europe.

If you want to risk life and limb and "comply"...that's your business, but don't pop in here with your BS comments and disrespect fellow forum members.

PS. Isn't life a lot more fun as a civilian when you can now play with real guns instead of the rubbery duckies they give you Air Farce guys in bootcamp?

Tack
Old 08-23-2012, 01:22 AM   #95

Liked 106 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I didn't bash any one in particular (unlike you Tack). In my state if you carry where a sign is posted you are breaking the law and are no longer a law abiding citizen period. And "popping" in here is not disrespect to fellow forum members. You don't want to play by the rules then don't get all "preachy" on me. If your state requires a permit I expect you don't have one because you know all Coumbine and Arurora and Jew crap. Don't go playing law abiding citizen when you admit you aren't and then go crying that the media is bashing you for exercising your rights.

And PS. Even us "Air Farce guys" found ourselves on the wrong end of a gun, and it wasn't rubber.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

Old 08-23-2012, 02:49 AM   #96

Quote:
I didn't bash any one in particular (unlike you Tack). In my state if you carry where a sign is posted you are breaking the law and are no longer a law abiding citizen period. And "popping" in here is not disrespect to fellow forum members. You don't want to play by the rules then don't get all "preachy" on me. If your state requires a permit I expect you don't have one because you know all Coumbine and Arurora and Jew crap. Don't go playing law abiding citizen when you admit you aren't and then go crying that the media is bashing you for exercising your rights.

And PS. Even us "Air Farce guys" found ourselves on the wrong end of a gun, and it wasn't rubber.
Duck...

Don't get your panties in a bunch partner... Did you not notice the following the Air Farce comment?

In my state of WA, there is no criminal penalty for ignoring gun buster signs unless your asked to leave and refuse.

In 17 years of daily CCW in both Washington and Oregon, I've yet to "noticed" carrying a weapon.

The point of this thread...following the Aurora shooting...is that CCW folks complying with GFZ's is LUNACY when the possible penalties for or against are so lopsided.

Hmm...carry my gun, get noticed, leave VS don't carry, get dead.

Preachy? Really? From Mr. "The LAW is the LAW?"

Partner, do us a favor, review the location of EVERY mass shooting in the last 20 years, then come back here and tell us we should obey the law.

Tack
Old 08-23-2012, 04:27 AM   #97
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8815 Times on 5098 Posts
Likes Given: 11488

Quote:
At this point it seems to me to be obvious that there were no CCW holders that were present at the theater at the time of the shooting in Aurora. I am not as CCW holder (not available to me here) so I cannot speak on behalf of them, but one guy I know in Reno went to a movie after the shooting and only then did he see the "no weapons" sign. Not sure if he carried into the theater or not, but I do know there were no shootings in that theater that night. I also have no doubt that had there been some whacko opening fire in that theater that night he would have been dead soon after opening fire. By gun or by hand he would have been dead.

In short, just because it is illegal doesn't make it wrong. Just because it is legal doesn't make it right. Words to live by.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:07 AM   #98
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2334 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Duck...

Don't get your panties in a bunch partner... Did you not notice the following the Air Farce comment?
Tack
That Air Farce comment was a little over the top.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 08-23-2012, 05:24 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
That Air Farce comment was a little over the top.
A little rivalry between the Branches of Service is a good thing.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #100
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

It depends on what state you are in as to what the penalty is for carrying in a GFZ. In South Carolina it is a felony with 5 years in prison mandatory, permit or no permit.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 08-23-2012 at 01:49 PM.