Ignorant or overzealous?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ignorant or overzealous?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 12:44 AM   #1
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default Ignorant or overzealous?

Where I come from, an inert M136 tube isn't considered a weapon. Evidently, L.A.'s finest doesn't know you can get these and that they're legal to own. Well, they're legal to own in New York so I assume they're OK in California. Also where I come from, a toy handgun and a bb gun don't qualify as weapons.

13-Year-Old Among 2 Arrested On Suspicion Of Possessing Stolen Military Weapon

COLTON (CBS) — Two people, including a 13-year-old boy, were arrested Friday on suspicion of possessing a military-grade weapon believed to have been stolen.

Colton police said in a statement released that officers were dispatched to the 1100 block of South Mohave Drive about 6:59 p.m. Friday.

Upon arrival, they saw a male, later identified as a 13-year-old boy, sitting on top of a roof and holding a possible rifle.

According to police, the suspect ran into a nearby apartment, which a K9 subsequently searched after authorities contacted the owner.

Three weapons were recovered, including an inert M136 AT4 “LAW” anti-tank weapon, a b.b. gun rifle and a replica 9mm hand gun, police said.

Mario Bruton Sr., 43, was booked into county jail and the 13-year-old was taken to juvenile hall on suspicion of possession of a stolen weapon and possession of illegal weapons.

The U.S Army is expected to confiscate the weapon, police added.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-21-2012, 12:48 AM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 18

the at4 tube was probably already shot. they are a one shot and their done type weapon. they cant be re used

Old 05-21-2012, 12:51 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2849 Times on 1485 Posts
Likes Given: 251

Better hide those M-72 LAW tubes you have decorating the man cave. Stupid, just stupid. I hope he sues the dog doo out of the morons.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 05-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #4

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

All of that for a damn inert law tube, and bb gun, and a replica 9mm. Wow, they should go out and have steak dinners and give each other high fives after that heroic event.. That sounds like something the feds would do then brag about it.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 05-21-2012, 01:20 AM   #5

Liked 1777 Times on 918 Posts
Likes Given: 1353

Paintball?

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/_M7rbo6sHeg/0.jpg

0.jpg  

Old 05-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #6
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

I dont see it in the story where it was an inert/spent LAW.

If it was....

It sure brings to light some on here who claim that "local police are gun friendly and your friends, its only the Feds you have to worry about"

AWESOME bust boys, you took some seriously deadly weaponry off the street, contless eyes have been saved by getting that evil Crossman 177 of the streets....not to mention all the lives saved by getting that evil (toy) 9mm out of the hands of evil doers.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Last edited by fmj; 05-21-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #7

Liked 2605 Times on 1176 Posts
Likes Given: 2524

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post

If it was....

It sure brings to light some on here who claim that "local police are gun friendly and your friends, its only the Feds you have to worry about"

AWESOME bust boys, you took some seriously deadly weaponry off the street, contless eyes have been saved by getting that evil Crossman 177 of the streets....not to mention all the lives saved by getting that evil (toy) 9mm out of the hands of evil doers.

It's part of the new War on Toys.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Wow. we need more LEO's like that.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:47 PM   #9

Liked 2544 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 1976

Wouldn't these LEOs be better employed chasing down Latin Kings,

or busting a dope ring somewhere?

Old 05-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #10

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

If it was....

Ya, that definately sounds like something the feds would do. They could use one of their conspiracy laws on them

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis