Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Ignorant or overzealous? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/ignorant-overzealous-64870/)

bkt 05-21-2012 01:44 AM

Ignorant or overzealous?

Where I come from, an inert M136 tube isn't considered a weapon. Evidently, L.A.'s finest doesn't know you can get these and that they're legal to own. Well, they're legal to own in New York so I assume they're OK in California. Also where I come from, a toy handgun and a bb gun don't qualify as weapons.

13-Year-Old Among 2 Arrested On Suspicion Of Possessing Stolen Military Weapon

COLTON (CBS) — Two people, including a 13-year-old boy, were arrested Friday on suspicion of possessing a military-grade weapon believed to have been stolen.

Colton police said in a statement released that officers were dispatched to the 1100 block of South Mohave Drive about 6:59 p.m. Friday.

Upon arrival, they saw a male, later identified as a 13-year-old boy, sitting on top of a roof and holding a possible rifle.

According to police, the suspect ran into a nearby apartment, which a K9 subsequently searched after authorities contacted the owner.

Three weapons were recovered, including an inert M136 AT4 “LAW” anti-tank weapon, a b.b. gun rifle and a replica 9mm hand gun, police said.

Mario Bruton Sr., 43, was booked into county jail and the 13-year-old was taken to juvenile hall on suspicion of possession of a stolen weapon and possession of illegal weapons.

The U.S Army is expected to confiscate the weapon, police added.

gunnovice09 05-21-2012 01:48 AM

the at4 tube was probably already shot. they are a one shot and their done type weapon. they cant be re used

robocop10mm 05-21-2012 01:51 AM

Better hide those M-72 LAW tubes you have decorating the man cave. Stupid, just stupid. I hope he sues the dog doo out of the morons.

MrWray 05-21-2012 02:19 AM

All of that for a damn inert law tube, and bb gun, and a replica 9mm. Wow, they should go out and have steak dinners and give each other high fives after that heroic event.. That sounds like something the feds would do then brag about it.

Vincine 05-21-2012 02:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Paintball?

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/_M7rbo6sHeg/0.jpg

fmj 05-21-2012 04:03 PM

I dont see it in the story where it was an inert/spent LAW.

If it was....

It sure brings to light some on here who claim that "local police are gun friendly and your friends, its only the Feds you have to worry about"

AWESOME bust boys, you took some seriously deadly weaponry off the street, contless eyes have been saved by getting that evil Crossman 177 of the streets....not to mention all the lives saved by getting that evil (toy) 9mm out of the hands of evil doers.:rolleyes:

rjd3282 05-21-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmj (Post 809681)

If it was....

It sure brings to light some on here who claim that "local police are gun friendly and your friends, its only the Feds you have to worry about"

AWESOME bust boys, you took some seriously deadly weaponry off the street, contless eyes have been saved by getting that evil Crossman 177 of the streets....not to mention all the lives saved by getting that evil (toy) 9mm out of the hands of evil doers.:rolleyes:

It's part of the new War on Toys. :D

galapogos 05-21-2012 04:46 PM

Wow. we need more LEO's like that. :rolleyes:

therewolf 05-21-2012 04:47 PM

Wouldn't these LEOs be better employed chasing down Latin Kings,

or busting a dope ring somewhere?

MrWray 05-21-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmj

If it was....

Ya, that definately sounds like something the feds would do. They could use one of their conspiracy laws on them