If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight? - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by potentialglock View Post

See? You're the problem! You're willing to let your rights be whittled down little by little and pretend its not happening
This guy gets it,/\.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #82
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
God doesn't bother me, but mans perception of god "could" bother me. Since man never really talks with god .... it would appear that man makes things up.
The man-to-God communication is the subject of some debate; there are credible people on both sides with reasonable arguments, i'll leave it to them.

Quote:
What we need now is for Bushmaster to build a new rifle and call it "The Sword"
Ever see the Romeo & Juliet remake with Claire Danes?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117509/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
It is funny; they use the original dialogue with "swords" & "daggers" and such but showed ornate pistols.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #83
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Believe in God or not. There is at least a semblance of freedom left here although it is rapidly deteriorating. Self defense is a right of every species.
Of course, we can all privately hope that the bears aren't very good at exercising that right.

CA357 Likes This 
Old 02-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #84
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 462 Times on 317 Posts
Likes Given: 141

Quote:
Talk big? All I see are posts from citizens who dont feel like being bullied or railroaded into submission by liberal scum. Some things are worth fighting and dying for if need be. Your whole country cowed down when you were told. I dont think we are anything like you people. We will
Its probably a American thing. Most in other countries reading this would think they had got unto a wacko cult forum by mistake. It comes across some have being watching to many dirty harry or die hard films.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #85
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1861 Times on 1276 Posts
Likes Given: 685

I live in NC. The state legislature just passed a law making it illegal for employees of the state of NC to participate or give aid to the federal government in any sort of gun grab. They did maintain the right of the state to mandate their own gun grab. The bill was just feel good legislation IMO.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 02-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #86

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
The man-to-God communication is the subject of some debate; there are credible people on both sides with reasonable arguments, i'll leave it to them.
Debate ? Like some human can prove they talked to a god ????

Old 02-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #87

Liked 308 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post

Its probably a American thing. Most in other countries reading this would think they had got unto a wacko cult forum by mistake. It comes across some have being watching to many dirty harry or die hard films.
I guess I have reached a point in my life where I don't really care what other countries think about America. One of the reasons I joined this forum was so I could get opinions from folks who share similar values, interests and concerns. Folks from other counties don't share the "American Experience" thus are unqualified to make value judgments about us. This however cuts both ways....
Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949
People Like This 
Old 02-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #88
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Debate ? Like some human can prove they talked to a god ????
Like no human can really prove that another human hasn't, so far as i have heard.

People Like This 
Old 02-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #89

Liked 308 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 64

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/komo/article/Guard-shoots-at-boy-15-at-FDA-office-in-Bothell-4263146.php This is one of the reasons I don't trust the Government. If it is not instantly obvious why the shooting was needed then it seems likely it was not justified. IMO.
Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949

Old 02-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #90

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Manta... Yes, it is an American thing.

Unlike most other nations, our forefathers were the decendents of Europes most courageous people. People who left there home Nations for the chance of freedom and the opportunity to thrive.

This Country was not founded through peaceful redress of grievances... our founders tried unsuccessfully to avoid War with England but when their principle demanded liberty it became clear that War was the only way.

Throughout our brief history we have liberated and protected more allies, done more for human freedom, and given more in both blood and treasure than any previous people on earth.

These actions, many of which your countrymen have bennifted from, did not come about because our leaders "decreed it so". All of it, including our supply lines to England durring the Bltiz and our eventual full scale assistance in defeating the Nazis came about because the American Electorate, our people, demanded it.

The folks on this site who sound "crazy" too you because we would refuse to lay down for tyranny, as your country did, are the decendents of Patriots from Concord Bridge to Bunker Hill to the Cornwallace surrender at Charlston S.C, from Cessesion to Gettysburg, from the Trenches of France to the Jungles of the Pacific, from the beaches of Normandy to Hitlers "Eagles Nest", From the sands of Iraq to the mountains of Afghanistan...

Despite the impressions given by our current leadership... We ARE America, we will never be disarmed... And one day the world will again thank us for it.

Tack