If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 05:54 AM   #41
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1100 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingMind View Post
I am afraid of my Government. This year the Federal Government lost track of how many laws, rules and regulations it has. I know that almost all LEOs I see are honest and true to their oaths.

But every time a cruiser happens behind me or I go through a check point I have to think to myself: "Am I going to run into that 1% cop today? Am I going to jail for some law or regulation I didn't know existed?" When ever I pull though a highway scale I have to wonder if the DOT folks are having a good day or are they going to make an example of me. Did they already make their quota?

I just have to wonder what's next. We have the TSA starting to run highway check points. The EPA is out of control and attempting to shut down all the coal fired plants. They have in fact tried to shut down two plants here in AZ over the last few weeks. The FDA is shutting down organic and whole milk farms at the behest of large agro companies. The FDA process of approving new drugs is so flawed and corrupt now it is terrifying.

I see the books and lessons my school age kids bring home and just flipping though the "history" text book I find half a dozen out right lies and many more distortions and half truths. It was so bad that my wife and I had to pull them out and start home schooling.

This year the Affordable Care Act goes into effect and my premiums went from under $400 a month for five kids, my wife and I to just under $1000. Thank all that is holy none of us are sick.

So when I say I fear my Government I mean it. Yet, I am a mild man not given over much to anger or fear. But what is going to happen when the frog dose start to boil? Will there be mass insurrection? Will there be mass loss of life? Will the dollar collapse? Will I be able to buy food for my children?

I have lots of questions but few answers. I will continue to write my Senators and my Congressmen even though I know that my Congressman is the head of the Progressive caucus in the house and one of my Senators is John McCain, thus unwilling to put is back on the path of liberty and freedom.

My wife and I were moved to buy our very first weapons on November 7th. Because, we felt that if we didn't we will never have the chance. I am afraid that I will be leaving my children worse off than I was and even more concerned about what my grandchildren will face.

I do not recognize the nation of my birth anymore. I truly hope that I am just being silly and all will be well. I truly hope that I am just making connections that don't exist.

What will I do if the swat team kicks in my door demanding my guns, grub and gold? I don't rightly know. I hope that I do the right thing, whatever that might be.

Thank you all for reading this. I look forward to reading followup posts to clarify my thinking.
Just how many of us cried when we read this? I did. It broke my heart. This man speaks for many of us, I am sure, I know he speaks for me.

What can we do, for now, join every second amendment group you can find and get busy supporting them. I have joined three so far, looking for more.

Ammo is the secret ingredient that makes your gun sing. No use having a gun, without a weapons cache. Get busy collecting ammo. You also need a gun safe to keep the little hands off the guns. A high shelf is never high enough.

Thank you for opening up your heart to us, and thank you for opening our hearts as well.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #42

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Wont happen guys, relax. Dont sound the alarm over speculation.
A few stupid regs on hi cap mags and military features on semi rifles....is not worth a freaking revolution. Doubt much of this will ever pass anyways - too many roadblocks and nobody other than a few extreme libs want to see new gun laws
You say that like we don't have a court case hanging in the balance over the repealing of the 4th amendment which is already all but gone.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 02-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #43

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I posted this because it makes sense to me and is excellent food for thought. I am not personally advocating violence against the government just because I posted it. The article is well written and spells out some facts that either go unnoticed or are unknown by some. I look how far our liberty has deteriorated in the 63 years I've been alive and I see no end to it. Either through venality, sloth or ignorance, our citizens are trading freedom for tyranny. Whether it's for a free ride, apathy, government subsidy or what passes for security, Americans have lost sight of what makes this country these United States of America.
I understand your meaning and concern. I am older also. And I see the difference that our society has suffered over the decades. But younger people do not. They have not seen the changes and they prefer not believing unsettling things said by older people about the changes. They want to believe that the US is a bright shining example of everything good. I don't blame them at all. They want it to be what they think it is.

But they have not seen the changes - they do not recognize what has already happened and what is continuing to happen - and they do not have an appreciation of our own history and the history of some very bad things happening in the world in the past century.
Our forefathers were remarkable - to have put together a form of government and a governing constitution as they did. They fought tyrannical government - against huge odds - the mightiest country in the world against a group of upstart farmers complaining about being mistreated. It could have ended so differently - if for not the fortunate events that took place and the men who stood up against tyranny.
But they did stand and fight.

A good example of the changes that have taken place in the recent decades is the postal service - a governmental bureaucracy. They have just announced the end of service on Saturdays due to extreme losses in their operation. However, in 1955 the post office would deliver a one ounce letter anywhere in the country in a timely manor for $.03 - six days a week. Today the postage is $.46. The inflation adjustment factor between 1955 and 2012 is 8.6. The $.03 is equivalent to $.26. The postal service is charging nearly double while canceling part of the service - because of gross inefficiencies, bloated government, corruption - even while having all the advances in technologies to make the service cheaper and more efficient.

Some will argue that this is due to decreased demand due to the internet. It is true that the internet is producing a reduction in mail demand - but demand for delivery is still high. And there will always be a need for written correspondence. Fedex and UPS recognize this and have decided to compete with the postal service. But the Postal service cannot compete well - because it it a bloated bureaucratic government entity filled with waste and corruption.
The Postal service has in recent years removed many mail pickup boxes in many cities. This serves to eliminate a truck driving a route around town and picking up the mail deposits once a day. The supposed purpose is to save money. The effect is that people must now drive individually - hundreds - thousands of people - to the post office in order to mail their letters. This - to save money for the truck and driver pickup. Does not make sense. Discourages people from using the post office. Contributes massively to waste of fuel and resources in society - thousands of car trips - versus one truck pick-up route per day.

But this is the government - and it's inability to do the simplest things - and even continue to do what it had been doing for many many years. But yet many younger people do not recognize these changes. Toss them off as - Oh well - the internet works for me. They don't see what is happening.

As they don't see many other changes that have taken place in recent decades - the most serious of which are an erosion of civil liberties and movement towards a police state. Years ago police used to be human beings and could be counted on to be human beings and even be helpful. I daresay that most forum members do not consider the present state of the police in the US to be anything near being pleasant or helpful - being closer to the enemy is nearer the truth for most. It is shameful. And growing worse with each year. But again, younger people don't recognize the difference.
They have never seen it different.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #44

Liked 1797 Times on 929 Posts
Likes Given: 1362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby View Post
. . .Years ago police used to be human beings and could be counted on to be human beings and even be helpful. I daresay that most forum members do not consider the present state of the police in the US to be anything near being pleasant or helpful - being closer to the enemy is nearer the truth for most. . . etc
WTF?

I don't know about " . . most forum members . .", but this one doesn't agree with you. I'd also refer you to the Sheriff's departments, at least those in NYS, who have said they're not going to go out of their way to enforce unconstitutional laws & regulations.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #45
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6400 Times on 3202 Posts
Likes Given: 6905

Eroding is the preferred method of "The Progressive". That way, they dont even see it coming even if we do. Technical Advances are not Akin to Unalienable Rights in any way but somehow, that the basis they successfully Special Clause Away elements of rights and responsibilities FOOG.

Someone early on in the thread said something about these little losses arent any great concern! I cant believe you didnt read your own words and vomit! Ive been hearing that same BS for 40+ Years of "For Our Own Good" Progression! It starts out with good intentions, cites positive influence as a reason to super-size it then blows right through moderate to extremism! First you cant bring a gun into a school (That makes sense) Then, your kid gets suspended because he drew a picture of one!

Thats happened in my short 51 years! At this rate, our Tricentennial will be more like the 4th Reich!

I guess its time to come back to the thread, "What will I do if the Government comes for my guns? My Government would never confiscate my guns; I know that, I served 21 years protecting our Constitution. If someone comes to my door demanding my guns, they are not "My Government", they are to be considered Marauders and Tyrants and will be dispatched as "My Government" Trained me to do to Protect our way of life.

I don't advocate violence against anyone who means no harm to me, my family or neighbors but any Servant that would deny me my natural born rights serves another flag and Master that I do not recognize as my own. They are the enemy, my General Orders still apply even in Fort Home-on-the-Range, "This I will Defend"!

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 02-08-2013 at 10:28 AM.
CA357 Likes This 
Old 02-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #46
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
...If that ever happens here, the battle is lost. The prospect for successfully resisting and beating the US military, on its home ground, by an informal force of civilians with AR 15s is ludicrous...

I see your point but I think the going theory is that if the SHTF half the military will desert with their weapons & equipment to join the civvies with the ARs
Old 02-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #47
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6400 Times on 3202 Posts
Likes Given: 6905

Deserters dont kill their former comrades while they flee if they can help it but those that dont jump ship will feel it their duty to prevent the loss of USGI resources. There is no middle ground in the SHTF scenario that is proposed. You were a Military hero yesterday and a traitor today if you choose to defend the Constitution over the "System".

Sounds pretty Sci-Fi Orwell Crap but its less far fetched everyday to envision Soldiers Shooting their now Former Teammates FOOG.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #48

Liked 1797 Times on 929 Posts
Likes Given: 1362

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
I see your point but I think the going theory is that if the SHTF half the military will desert with their weapons & equipment to join the civvies with the ARs
Which is what I meant by:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I understand the purpose of the 2A, but the reality is that the population’s only real defense against governmental tyranny is if enough of the population cycles through the armed services so that the rank & file don’t view themselves as a separate class. . . etc.
And I'd expect more than half, hopefully to the point of that no battles would even commence, and there wouldn't even be a civil war.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #49

Liked 87 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 69

I may be considered "young" as you all put it. I was born in 1992. I shot my first weapons in October of 2011, I bought my first gun in December of 2011. But I remember growing in a free America. I was too young to the notice the changes. But now that I look back I see how far we have fallen. Honestly though what might happen is the military will bust into the White House and place Obama under military arrest like they ought to.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #50

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

no one is gunna take anything from you , everyone needs to calm the phuck down.