If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 87 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 69

When it's time to bury your guns it's time to dig them up and use them. I don't support people going out and trying to overthrow the government right now simply because it will only add fuel to the Liberals flames. Besides there is a time and place for that kind of action and we still can avoid it by petitioning and using all of our rights to the fullest. Remember it is a last resort and not one to be taken very likely. Besides all of mine got lost in a terrible boating accident. But personally I feel as if it is everyone's personal responsibility to resist in anyway they can when they do.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #32

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Lord help us if the government is stupid enough to do another Ruby Ridge style event. The protesters will not stop at the bridge and they won't be holding signs.

It will be the spark that ignites a fire locally. Then the response could go regional and so on.

NEVER FORGET

People Like This 
Old 02-08-2013, 12:23 AM   #33

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

When / if the time comes it will be up to each of us to decide what to do. As for me I've made up my mind already. Nuff said.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:48 AM   #34

Liked 82 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta
Its easy to talk big on the net. In my experience the ones doing all the fighting talk are the first do what they are told.
Thank God you're here to monitor everyone and enlighten us with your unsurpassable wealth of knowledge and experience.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:02 AM   #35

Liked 314 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 65

I am afraid of my Government. This year the Federal Government lost track of how many laws, rules and regulations it has. I know that almost all LEOs I see are honest and true to their oaths.

But every time a cruiser happens behind me or I go through a check point I have to think to myself: "Am I going to run into that 1% cop today? Am I going to jail for some law or regulation I didn't know existed?" When ever I pull though a highway scale I have to wonder if the DOT folks are having a good day or are they going to make an example of me. Did they already make their quota?

I just have to wonder what's next. We have the TSA starting to run highway check points. The EPA is out of control and attempting to shut down all the coal fired plants. They have in fact tried to shut down two plants here in AZ over the last few weeks. The FDA is shutting down organic and whole milk farms at the behest of large agro companies. The FDA process of approving new drugs is so flawed and corrupt now it is terrifying.

I see the books and lessons my school age kids bring home and just flipping though the "history" text book I find half a dozen out right lies and many more distortions and half truths. It was so bad that my wife and I had to pull them out and start home schooling.

This year the Affordable Care Act goes into effect and my premiums went from under $400 a month for five kids, my wife and I to just under $1000. Thank all that is holy none of us are sick.

So when I say I fear my Government I mean it. Yet, I am a mild man not given over much to anger or fear. But what is going to happen when the frog dose start to boil? Will there be mass insurrection? Will there be mass loss of life? Will the dollar collapse? Will I be able to buy food for my children?

I have lots of questions but few answers. I will continue to write my Senators and my Congressmen even though I know that my Congressman is the head of the Progressive caucus in the house and one of my Senators is John McCain, thus unwilling to put is back on the path of liberty and freedom.

My wife and I were moved to buy our very first weapons on November 7th. Because, we felt that if we didn't we will never have the chance. I am afraid that I will be leaving my children worse off than I was and even more concerned about what my grandchildren will face.

I do not recognize the nation of my birth anymore. I truly hope that I am just being silly and all will be well. I truly hope that I am just making connections that don't exist.

What will I do if the swat team kicks in my door demanding my guns, grub and gold? I don't rightly know. I hope that I do the right thing, whatever that might be.

Thank you all for reading this. I look forward to reading followup posts to clarify my thinking.

Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949
People Like This 
Old 02-08-2013, 05:48 AM   #36
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

WM, many of us fear our government or the power it execises over us, it's citizens. trying with each day to exert more and more domain over our lives and how we lead them.

yes the government we have now is just in many ways a bastadized version of what was originally set up by the founding fathers. current administration and the politicians have trampled the Constitution and made a mockery of it. saying it's outdated and needs to be more modernized and streamlined. i myself refuse to believe that.

our country is still a great country, that has stumbled and fallen on hard times. she does need leaders who understand and will follow the core values of the Constitution and what the founding fathers envisioned for her to be the proud and great country she use to be, again.

the founding fathers were not perfect men and knew that there would always need to be change in order for our country to survive. but these men were intelligent, full of wisdom and vision and gave us the Constitution to guide us, and to lead us through the many changes that would occur.

every man has to decide at what point he will take a stand and fight. at what point is enough, enough. no one can tell you when that time is but you, just as you can't decide it for me nor anyone else. it's strictly a personal choice.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:12 AM   #37
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1104 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Quote:
Originally Posted by potentialglock View Post

See? You're the problem! You're willing to let your rights be whittled down little by little and pretend its not happening
Nail on the head

Nail on the head

Thank you!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:18 AM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by wechols View Post
Zig ziglar tells about how a frog put in cool water on a stove will slowly be lulled to sleep as the water warms. It will cook him. Don't be lulled into complacency by gradual infringements. Keep the battle hot at the fringe.
That happens both ways. I fell asleep in the tub, warming it up with the hot running a little. Soon, the hot water ran out, and the tub kept filling with cold water. In an hour or so, I woke up and jumped up from the ice water,and nearly had a stroke and heart failure all at once.

Join the NRA. Join Gun Owners of America. Push push push.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:21 AM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I understand the purpose of the 2A, but the reality is that the population’s only real defense against governmental tyranny is if enough of the population cycles through the armed services so that the rank & file don’t view themselves as a separate class. This separate class of ‘overlords’ is what you have/had in Syria, Egypt, Libya, Burma, assorted Banana Republics, etc.

If that ever happens here, the battle is lost. The prospect for successfully resisting and beating the US military, on its home ground, by an informal force of civilians with AR 15s is ludicrous. That said, it's possible the cost of maintaining its control could be made very high, contributing to the tyranny's eventual collapse, eventually.

If there is going to be resistance to that kind of tyranny by ‘our’ armed forces against our population, its successful tactic isn’t going to be fire fights, it’s going to be bombs. See Northern Ireland, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. for details.

I say this because of what I see on the news.
(And also because of the stats I’ve found from ‘The Annual of Surgery’ June 2007, too.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1876965/).

Not counting PTSD related suicide, the numbers are (n=3707):
55% of our causalities are from explosive devices (IEDs, RPGs, etc.);
33% are from aircraft crashes (no breakdown between being shot down from ‘just’ crashing);
19% from gunshot wounds;
15% vehicle accidents, non-combat related;
9% Falls. (Falls!?)

Note: we have almost as many people dying from auto accidents as gunshot wounds. This is not because there is any scarcity of AK 47s I don’t think.

Basically, fighting to keep your AR 15 isn’t going to make the difference.

Frankly if it comes to civil war, that’s not a nightmare I want to live through anyway.
If they take our ten round mags, will they collect our boom making stuff also.? Lol
Old 02-08-2013, 06:40 AM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

Well written article and the final paragraphs above sum up this entire discussion nicely...

I've noted here many times the fact that "should" I ever again need to pick up my rifle in defense of liberty it will NOT be because I chose violence. It WILL be because I refused to kneel when confronted with violence.

Our elected officials, particularly our County Sheriff's should ALL understand and respect the measure of our resolve... And many do, as evidence by the support flowing into the Constitutional Sheriff's Association and the letters these Sherrif's have already sent to Washington DC.

They, like us, recognize the folly of denying arms to law abiding citizens... And they have drawn their line in the sand. It is up to is to back them up, ensure they are re elected... And be ready to answer the call... Should it come... OR to act independently in self defense...

Everyone who's trully interested in avoiding a conflict should be joining tue Constitutional Sherrifs Association. Remember, Sherrifs are ELECTED so they can be pressured just like any other politician and they all need to be hearing from us. The CSA has some great tools to help us "motivate" our Sheriffs to get on board.

Tack
Thank you for the invitation to join. I just did. They did not have life memberships, so this unbalanced my signature line. Thanks a lot pal! Lol

Really, thank you very much.

I wonder how it felt living in WWII Germany when one day they came for the guns, next it was the elderly and infermed. Then the gypsies. They were felt to be social outcasts, so no one bothered to help them. In time, the German army was so strong they not only conquered their own people, killing millions of them, they very nearly took over all of Europe and the world. The Russian winter helped kill the dream of Hitler. What will kill the dreams of Obama ans Nancy Polocey? It will be you and me, banning together, putting in time, energy and money to protect our freedoms.