If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

It will only end when there is nothing left worth fighting for, and it will be top late.

They are slowly (?) turning our country into the type of country most people fought to immigrate from.

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #22

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post

I mean no disrespect to our elected officials but they need to understand that “We the People” will not be disarmed. If they proceed then it is they that are provoking us and we will act accordingly. We are within our rights to do so.

For those who are in support of taking the guns, you need to ask yourself a very important question, and I am not just talking about the politicians, because if you support them, you have chosen your side.

Are you willing to die to take my guns?

Link: http://dcclothesline.wordpress.com/2013/01/03/if-they-come-for-your-guns-do-you-have-a-responsibility-to-fight/
Well written article and the final paragraphs above sum up this entire discussion nicely...

I've noted here many times the fact that "should" I ever again need to pick up my rifle in defense of liberty it will NOT be because I chose violence. It WILL be because I refused to kneel when confronted with violence.

Our elected officials, particularly our County Sheriff's should ALL understand and respect the measure of our resolve... And many do, as evidence by the support flowing into the Constitutional Sheriff's Association and the letters these Sherrif's have already sent to Washington DC.

They, like us, recognize the folly of denying arms to law abiding citizens... And they have drawn their line in the sand. It is up to is to back them up, ensure they are re elected... And be ready to answer the call... Should it come... OR to act independently in self defense...

Everyone who's trully interested in avoiding a conflict should be joining tue Constitutional Sherrifs Association. Remember, Sherrifs are ELECTED so they can be pressured just like any other politician and they all need to be hearing from us. The CSA has some great tools to help us "motivate" our Sheriffs to get on board.

Tack
Old 02-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #23
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1369 Times on 806 Posts
Likes Given: 3476

Ladies and Gentlemen of this forum,

This country does not need another Revolution, it has been there and done that and we have the scars to remind us.

This country does not need another Civil War, it has been there and done that and we have the scars to remind us.

What this country needs to do is to prosecute those that are currently trying to usurp that authority that we the VOTERS have given them.

There are laws on the books for this and they need to be acted on and we need to find the people that know them and make this happen.

As a Retired Soldier, the only Laws that I am familiar with are the Laws of War, I am sure that there are more learned folks on this forum that could point us in the right direction.

I have contacted my Elected Leadership so many times in the past two years that I am beginning to think that we are on a first name basis, but I am sure that there is more that I need to do. I just do not know what it is.

I am open to helpful suggestions.

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
People Like This 
Old 02-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

If it does come down to a "G-man" at my door demanding my firearms, then it has been nice talking with you people. I don't have enough to lose to stop me from defending my rights by whatever means available and deemed necessary. Now, you people with kids and land and money, well you have a tougher decision in many ways; good luck making it. I hope it doesn't come to that.

I have complied with about all the "gun control" laws i plan to comply with; i have no plans to violate any current firearms laws. I have no plans to comply with any potential new additions such as registration programs and such crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen of this forum,

This country does not need another Revolution, it has been there and done that and we have the scars to remind us.

This country does not need another Civil War, it has been there and done that and we have the scars to remind us.
Even though that "gentlemen" part threw me off...If WE have the scars to remind US, why does it seem like the government may have forgotten some of the lessons of how it came to a revolution or civil war?

Perhaps a history lesson would help the government's memory? Perhaps not. A real-life/practical lesson would be VERY expensive in many ways.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 02-07-2013 at 09:47 PM.
People Like This 
Old 02-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #25

Liked 82 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Wont happen guys, relax. Dont sound the alarm over speculation.
A few stupid regs on hi cap mags and military features on semi rifles....is not worth a freaking revolution. Doubt much of this will ever pass anyways - too many roadblocks and nobody other than a few extreme libs want to see new gun laws
People used these EXACT words when Obabma care was first put on the table. "It will never happen. Dont worry about something that will never see the light of day."

Well, people didn't worry and now look WTF happened.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #26

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Wont happen guys, relax. Dont sound the alarm over speculation.
A few stupid regs on hi cap mags and military features on semi rifles....is not worth a freaking revolution. Doubt much of this will ever pass anyways - too many roadblocks and nobody other than a few extreme libs want to see new gun laws
And what's next? a little here and there leek they have been doing for years? That might be OK for you and if it is that's fine. A simple truth is any limits on the 2A are wrong. To allow the people that just might (might? Mights a$$) be at the root of the problem should not be the ones that limit the rights of the people to defend themselves.

I head so often "What are people supposed to do against the military wit all they have?!?!?"
EXACTLY! and the government has known exactly what it's doing by creating that unbalance.

Using your logic what's the problems with the feds saying you can't worship in this church, just worship here instead? Free speech is fine but you really shouldn't talk bad about the government so we (strongly) advise you don't do so in a public forum over 10 people. I mean it's just a few minor things....right?

No, not for me. I've been watching the powers that be chip away all my life. The frog is on the water and the heat is getting hotter but it's just a couple degrees so no big deal. I just can't believe that way. The country is a powder-keg because more and more people have had enough. And when enough have had enough some wholesale changes will have to happen. One way or another it will have to happen. I pray every day that I never have to see this country fight against itself. But if things get that bad then so be it. You can only back the people up so much and they will have to push back. I just hope that the push can be done with the removal of those that wish to overtly control us in a peaceful manner.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This 
Old 02-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #27
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1145 Times on 604 Posts
Likes Given: 690

When this country looks in the mirror it does not see scars, it sees a shadow of its former greatness.

Those that took the "Oath" know.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 564 Times on 374 Posts
Likes Given: 176

Its easy to talk big on the net. In my experience the ones doing all the fighting talk are the first do what they are told.

Last edited by manta; 02-07-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #29
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Its easy to talk big on the net. In my experience the ones doing all the fighting talk are the first do what they are told.
it's easy for someone with less rights to assume others are not willing to defend theirs.

some of us hold the United States Constitution to be a sacred document that means more than just words on an old peice of paper. it's what it represents to loyal Americans. those who fought and died defending it.

it must be easy for you to mock the resolve of those who would rather defend than kneel, when in reality, it's you own lack of pride and resolve you that you mock.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #30

Liked 181 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Talk big? All I see are posts from citizens who dont feel like being bullied or railroaded into submission by liberal scum. Some things are worth fighting and dying for if need be. Your whole country cowed down when you were told. I dont think we are anything like you people. We will see....