Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 01:03 AM   #241
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger22lr View Post
Some people actually might so don't give em ideas.
Anyone persuaded to do so by my satire was never going to defend their rights IMO...

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 02-13-2013, 07:15 AM   #242

Liked 87 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post

You'll have to pardon me for my total lack of care about what anyone in the UK thinks about me and my lifestyle. It's been a very long time since anything British had any influence in how Americans do anything. And anyway, I thought we where overpaid, oversexed and over there that made y'all so uptight. I've read how well the Brits did with gun control and how well it works for them since. I know - I know, gun crime is all but gone now according to your media. And that British criminals have listened and followed the law.

Is there a market for escape hatch construction in UK homes? You know...In case of home invasion? I bet that would be a great business opportunity. Being you can't defend yourselves in your own home even with a bat.

I do wish though that more Americans would learn for your country's mistakes.

Now if you'll just take that asshat Morgan back we might be able to get along more. I grow so weary of people that do not live here telling us how we should live our lives. I get it, we're a nunch of inbred cousin raping stump jumpers that have no clue how to be civilized. All the more reason to just not deal with us. Leave us to our wild west lifestyles and bask in the glory that is being European and superior in every possible way. Now I'm going back to my shack and maybe out to the cee mint pond to rustle up some dinner...
Morgan is practically an American liberal citizen. He's yours my friend you can keep him. Oh and he's already influencing many of your countrymen. He's British but he doesn't represent us.

We are gonna round up the rest of the liberals over here and ship em out to you. You guys seem to love em; -p

Old 02-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #243

Liked 301 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 63

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/13/heroic-super-dad-dies-protecting-his-11-year-old-daughter-from-armed-home-invaders/

This seems to me to be a very strong argument for the right of Americans to have firearms to make sure that they are "Secure in their persons, papers and effects." No where in the Constitution dose it say that federal government is required to protect me from other citizens. Point of fact, I believe that the SCOTUS has ruled that the police do NOT have the responsibility to protect the citizenry. I have come to the conclusion that it is my responsibility to protect myself and my family.

I however, don't think that any gooberment thugs will be coming to my door to steal my guns directly. I think that they will use much more insidious methods. My 14 year old daughter's doctor asked her if there were any guns in the house. My daughter, bless her, told the doctor "nope".
Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949
CA357 Likes This 
Old 02-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #244

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcshooter View Post
Morgan is practically an American liberal citizen. He's yours my friend you can keep him. Oh and he's already influencing many of your countrymen. He's British but he doesn't represent us.

We are gonna round up the rest of the liberals over here and ship em out to you. You guys seem to love em; -p
Well hell! what about Australia? Brits sent undesirables over there for years. All tha tman does is rake in cash for pissing and moaning about how we are all so messed up. He has more use on that X factor show and that show had no use to me.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post

Well hell! what about Australia? Brits sent undesirables over there for years. All tha tman does is rake in cash for pissing and moaning about how we are all so messed up. He has more use on that X factor show and that show had no use to me.
I think x factor type shows are a sickness that we all share which make star's out of a$$holes.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #246
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2985 Times on 1667 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingMind View Post
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/13/heroic-super-dad-dies-protecting-his-11-year-old-daughter-from-armed-home-invaders/

This seems to me to be a very strong argument for the right of Americans to have firearms to make sure that they are "Secure in their persons, papers and effects." No where in the Constitution dose it say that federal government is required to protect me from other citizens. Point of fact, I believe that the SCOTUS has ruled that the police do NOT have the responsibility to protect the citizenry. I have come to the conclusion that it is my responsibility to protect myself and my family.

I however, don't think that any gooberment thugs will be coming to my door to steal my guns directly. I think that they will use much more insidious methods. My 14 year old daughter's doctor asked her if there were any guns in the house. My daughter, bless her, told the doctor "nope".
That seems like an impertinent question. I would have told the doctor to **** off...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

CA357 Likes This 
Old 02-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #247

Liked 355 Times on 250 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Quote:
Being you can't defend yourselves in your own home even with a bat.
Not true but sure make it up as you go along.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #248

Liked 301 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post

That seems like an impertinent question. I would have told the doctor to **** off...
I was on the road, fortunately. My wife and daughters played it cool and lied to them. We decided to switch my daughters to the doctor I use, he goes to the same range I like to go to.... The girls originally wanted a female doc. Now they are ok with my doc.
Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949
CA357 Likes This 
Old 02-14-2013, 10:48 PM   #249

Liked 35 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I think the biggest mistake Americans can make about the British or Australians is to assume we are all Piers Morgans who don't know any better, can't think for ourselves, and buy into all the biased sh*t and propoganda that our lamestream media feeds us.

I dont fit into that category and I know a hell of a lot of others who don't. I can't see how resorting to ad hominems and piss taking of the British or vice versa is going to help anyone in America, I think we all agree on the major issues and a lot of the British gun owners are over here spreading the word for Americans freedoms but they will be met with a lot of dismay at some of the unessasary comments being made about us here. Someone needs to point the same out to the likes of Alex Jones who regularly alienates people that could be worth keeping on side.

We dont have much left to loose so an AWB or gun registration is of no consequence to us but I think we still do a lot to damage its support both here and within the US by getting involved. Just remember that I think we do all agree on the major points so lets not come to blows over what you will and won't do in hypothetical situations etc, that's just the sort of thing our actual enemies want to see. Be a bit more tolerable of different ideas, we might just be pointing out that some of the statements being made are likely to damage support... so don't think the intentions are bad and that we are jealous and would somehow like to see you in the same mire as we are.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:51 PM   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemFire View Post
I think the biggest mistake Americans can make about the British or Australians is to assume we are all Piers Morgans who don't know any better, can't think for ourselves, and buy into all the biased sh*t and propoganda that our lamestream media feeds us.

I dont fit into that category and I know a hell of a lot of others who don't. I can't see how resorting to ad hominems and piss taking of the British or vice versa is going to help anyone in America, I think we all agree on the major issues and a lot of the British gun owners are over here spreading the word for Americans freedoms but they will be met with a lot of dismay at some of the unessasary comments being made about us here. Someone needs to point the same out to the likes of Alex Jones who regularly alienates people that could be worth keeping on side.

We dont have much left to loose so an AWB or gun registration is of no consequence to us but I think we still do a lot to damage its support both here and within the US by getting involved. Just remember that I think we do all agree on the major points so lets not come to blows over what you will and won't do in hypothetical situations etc, that's just the sort of thing our actual enemies want to see. Be a bit more tolerable of different ideas, we might just be pointing out that some of the statements being made are likely to damage support... so don't think the intentions are bad and that we are jealous and would somehow like to see you in the same mire as we are.
My feelings exactly well said