If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight? - Page 21
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #201
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 308 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarbeast View Post

You are incorrect when you state that most Americans don't care one way or another.

Many of the non-participating Americans have joined the protest against further erosion of our rights by the 'progressives' as demonstrated by the many new owners of so-called assualt rifles. Many of those buying are NEW gun owners, folk that were once sitting on the fence and have now chosen to take a stand.

I know this to be true because I have witnessed friends and family who once sat on the fence buying those weapons.

One of my neighbors came to me and asked for information on what to purchase. A neighbor who had said less than one hundred words to me before in the six years I've known him.

The tide is turning for truth in this country. Truth for the American way.

eldar
This is ME that Eldar is talking about. My wife and I were not gun owners prior to November 6th 2012. We now have 8 firearms of various sorts including one of those "evil" semi-automatic modern sporting rifles. We decided that it was time to exercise our rights granted to us not by government but by natural right. Reading this thread has helped me crystallize my thoughts on the morality of defending myself and my family from government overreach. I have come to the conclusion that it would be morally wrong to abandon the rights and duties granted to us by our forefathers and by natural right.

I have stated before that I am afraid of my government. This still holds true. I feel this is justified whenever I hear the news on the radio. Just last week in the LA area LAPD shot three people in two incidents just because they THOUGHT that the shooting victims COULD have been the left wing nut job that is killing LAPD officers. Every day it seems like there is news of some other atrocity committed by so called public servants. I am not by any stretch unique in my apprehension of unchecked government power. How long before thousands or hundreds of thousands people make that cognitive leap from fear to anger? What then?

Just today I heard news of several lefty wingnuts attempting to commit murder and terroristic attacks and then blame the Tea Parties and Freedom Movement for the attacks. They did this with the stated intention of starting a civil war.

forumrunner_20130211_100146.jpg
Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949
People Like This 
Old 02-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #202
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 465 Times on 319 Posts
Likes Given: 142

Quote:
Every day it seems like there is news of some other atrocity committed by so called public servants
What incidents are you talking about apart from the incident in your post.? Some on this forum really need to get out more and stop watching Mel Gibson movies.

Last edited by manta; 02-11-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #203
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Manta, I don't agree with most of what you say, but I respect your right to say it. However, at this point you're turning into a troll. Give it a rest.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
People Like This 
Old 02-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #204

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

When we as a "people" make it so painful and expensive for them to keep coming to take our guns they will stop. That is how you fight. That is how you win from the underdog perspective.

Red Dawn

The enemy will not parachute in. They are already here.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #205

Liked 308 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post

What incidents are you talking about apart from the incident in your post.? Some on this forum really need to get out more and stop watching Mel Gibson movies.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_syphilis_experiment

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/1994/6/9/cold-war-radiation-tests-on-children/

http://www.naturalnews.com/011764_thimerosal_mercury.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2011/05/25/jose-guerena-arizona-_n_867020.ht

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege

There are hundreds, even thousands of things just like this going on.
Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949

Last edited by WonderingMind; 02-11-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #206
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Manta, I don't agree with most of what you say, but I respect your right to say it. However, at this point you're turning into a troll. Give it a rest.
I Am not being a troll do you realise how some of these posts come across.

Example there are posts regarding the police officer that murdered 3 people. Some on this forum are coming across as apologist for murders posting its unfortunate that they were civilians as if it woldent be so bad if they were police officers. He is a murdering scumbag and should be shot on site.

Back on topic in the post one reason given for buying firearms was Quote. Every day it seems like there is news of some other atrocity committed by so called public servants.
I think its a fair question who are all these civil servants carrying out all the atrocities when did they happen.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #207

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:

Example there are posts regarding the police officer that murdered 3 people. Some on this forum are coming across as apologist for murders posting its unfortunate that they were civilians as if it woldent be so bad if they were police officers. He is a murdering scumbag and should be shot on site.

Back on topic in the post one reason given for buying firearms was Quote. Every day it seems like there is news of some other atrocity committed by so called public servants.
I think its a fair question who are all these civil servants carrying out all the atrocities when did they happen.
Wrong!

He deserves his day in court.

Innocent until proven guilty.

We are in the United States, not Northern Ireland or the United Kingdom.

The LAPD LEO's that are shooting first need to be prosecuted to the highest degree possible for their Vigilantism.

eldar
Old 02-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #208

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:

WM gave you several examples in post 205...

It is quite dishartening to see how far our British cousins have fallen. A little over a Century ago, England was one of the Earths leading Super Powers with a naval force no one could match and an Empire spanning the globe.

Today, they are a nation in decline who'd have already secummed to fascism if not for the American people.

They are also several decades advanced down the path of social decay and civil injustice.

Do some American liberals desire to be more like them, yes, but the real Americans, those of us who lead honorable lives free of Government subsidy and unrestrained by any fear of speaking our mind simply refuse to be cowed by those who would see us subjected to similar injustice.

People like our friend Manta refuse to see corruption and injustice because recognizing it would challenge their lack of action and call into question their honor. It's much more comfortable for these people to simply go along and look upon us as fringe and label us as extreme.

There is nothing fringe or extreme about honestly stating the true intent of the Second Ammendment.

The extreme fringe are those who would seek to remake a document they fail to understand in the first place. Our calling is to ensure that does not happen and our honor demands no less.

Tack
Old 02-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #209
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
We are in the United States, not Northern Ireland or the United Kingdom.
You are welcome to try to arrest him if you want. PS Its just the United Kingdom N Ireland is part of the United Kingdom.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #210
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Now, go sit down, drink some tea, and lamment the permanent loss of you manhood.

Tack
Wait now! Tea is quite delicious, iced sweet tea or a hot breakfast tea with a bit of cream and sugar; tea is good.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.