If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight? - Page 17
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #161
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
A post on the forum above. That would suggest that registration and permits are already in force in some states. Where were all the patriots and protests to stop it.
That member was from either Illinois, NY, or one of the other sates with gun owner registration. As we saw in the recent media release of gun permit holders addresses, most of these data bases are inaccurate and obsolete boondoggles.

Yes, we've seen it in a few state and there has not been violent revolt because within the US, there a 50 different states, will 50 different levels of gun liberties.

Anyone unwilling to live under this despotism has the option of moving to a gun friendly state... And many did. Or they registered to maintain a minimum level of armament and shipped their banned items out of state for friends or Familly to hold legally.

You are confusing our freedom of movement with compliance... Which is foolish.

The reason our system has had the success it has over the years is because all power not expressly granted to the Federal Government is reserved to the States and the People. This results in 50 laboratories of democracy where ideas are tried. Ideas that work get adopted by other States, ideas that don't get repealed...

Before you quip next about the lack of revolt at the last Federal AWB "1994 to 2004" let me remind you of a few thing.
1. The Grandfather Clause meant that in reality it banned NOTHING. It was hollow legislation that only mean your AR with a flash suppressor and collapsable stock cost you about $500 more than a newer rifle without these features.
2. It preceded the 24 hr new cycle and came at a time when 2A information was limited to news rack gun magazines and opposition correspondence was still primarily by letter.

Our nation has become far more polarized along the lines of personal liberties resulting in a situation where "most" of the people supporting gun bans to "save lives" also support the killing of 600,000 unborn children every year. And "most" of the people supporting gun rights respect all life, particularly unborn innocent life.
That not to say that if we had to power to ban abortion, we would... Several recent Republican presidents have had both houses of Congress and never moved in this direction. They didn't do it because while most of us oppose abortion... Most of us are unwilling to force our values upon others.

Our liberal adversaries do not share our respect for the rights of the opposition... and Americas 80 Million gun owners have recognized this. We have also recognized that there are NO acceptable levels of gun ownership our adversaries would ever accept. Each new "common sence" if passed, would only be followed by yet another "common sense" proposal down the road.

Our opposition will not stop until we are completely dissarmed... So why would we capitulate now? Why would we peacefully surrender the most valuable tools we have to prevent this?

The short answer is that we WON'T.

To a degree we can thank lemming gun owners like the British and Australians for helping to galvanize our side. Your capitulation and weakness, your willingness to kneel in exchange for the false promise of safety has show us that our liberals are no different and will not stop until out guns too, fall to the chop saws and melting pots... And the only legal guns lefts are registered and kept exactly where the Government can find them.

"those who beat their guns into plows... Will plow for those who did not"

"what make Americans different" you ask?

We've had the bennifit of watching your folly, we know that given our pourous borders and drug trade... Our "no gun" future would resemble Mexico's "no gun" reality... And above all else, our nation was born behind the muzzle of a gun discharging toward our enemies... We've no problem with preserving it in the same manner if forced to do so.

You, my dear friend Manta, have already been whipped... You and your countrymen have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found lacking.

Now, go sit down, drink some tea, and lamment the permanent loss of you manhood.

Tack

Tack
Old 02-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #162
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 567 Times on 375 Posts
Likes Given: 177

Quote:
You, my dear friend Manta, have already been whipped... You and your countrymen have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found lacking.
Talk is cheap. All the evidence i can see is that gun control is already a reality in America they will chip away at it bit by bit.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #163
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Manta, I respect your opinion. I think you're wrong, but not 100% wrong. We have let a lot of our liberty slip away. However, we've come to a turning point. We have reached our line in the sand. Just as I wouldn't presume to know your heart, you should not presume to know ours.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
People Like This 
Old 02-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #164
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Talk is cheap. All the evidence i can see is that gun control is already a reality in America they will chip away at it bit by bit.
you really believe that? gun control has been a reality for almost 80 years staring with the NFA of 1934. and yes they have tried chipping away a little at a time. and i'm really not sure where you are getting your so-called "evidence" from, but here in this country people are waking up, and they are buying more guns and taking CC permit classes, because they fear the government trying to ban or seize their firearms and from that, i see people are getting tired of false promises of our government. they also see the new gun control measures as exactly what they are, about control, not anything to do with preventing violence. they are waking up realizing that another AWB would not have prevented many of these recent violent tragedies and another new one isn't going to be anymore effective that the ones that have failed in the past.

so you can believe whatever water downed version they are feeding you about us Americans, that we are rolling over and playing dead and giving in. trust me, we ain't! there is still a lot of fight left in these people here and please underestimate us, as history has shown time and time again what happens when you underestimate the underdog. he usually hands you your head on a platter!

Old 02-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #165
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
so you can believe whatever water downed version they are feeding you about us Americans, that we are rolling over and playing dead and giving in. trust me, we ain't! there is still a lot of fight left in these people here and please underestimate us, as history has shown time and time again what happens when you underestimate the underdog. he usually hands you your head on a platter
I can only go by what i see. Different states have different levels of gun control and not much was done to stop it. The problem as i see it is this in a pro gun forum and most are preaching to the converted. But don't make the mistake that the rest of the American population have the same views. Most Americans probably don't care one way or another and a lot would be happy with further gun controls. If some of them read some of the views on this forum about revolts and patriots it would turn them from not really caring one way or another to anti gun.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #166

Quote:
I can only go by what i see. Different states have different levels of gun control and not much was done to stop it. The problem as i see it is this in a pro gun forum and most are preaching to the converted. But don't make the mistake that the rest of the American population have the same views. Most Americans probably don't care one way or another and a lot would be happy with further gun controls. If some of them read some of the views on this forum about revolts and patriots it would turn them from not really caring one way or another to anti gun.
Manta, do you own any firearms? if so, and someone walked in and said they were taking them, are you okay with that? i'm not in any way okay with that.

this is America. it's not Europe, or England or Australia or some third world country that some dictator gets to decide what we are allowed to do or say or think or even own. we enjoy the freedoms we have, because there have always been proud and brave Americans who for well over 200 years have fought and died for those freedoms. fighting oppression and tyranny and making a stand is an American tradition. it's one of the things our country was founded upon.

maybe you need to come to America and see for yourself instead of just believing all the crap that's been fed to you. talk to some real Americans. see for yourself instead of what they want you to believe about us. i would just about bet, your viewpoint would be changed quite a bit.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #167

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
You're talking about your country, not this one Manta. There are more gun holders in OUR country than there are PEOPLE in yours-- plus a minimum of 20,000,000 more. There are so many civilian firearms in our country, where it can arm your whole populace including your entire military.

That is JUST civilian firearms.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #168

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

Manta, do you own any firearms? if so, and someone walked in and said they were taking them, are you okay with that? i'm not in any way okay with that.

this is America. it's not Europe, or England or Australia or some third world country that some dictator gets to decide what we are allowed to do or say or think or even own. we enjoy the freedoms we have, because there have always been proud and brave Americans who for well over 200 years have fought and died for those freedoms. fighting oppression and tyranny and making a stand is an American tradition. it's one of the things our country was founded upon.

maybe you need to come to America and see for yourself instead of just believing all the crap that's been fed to you. talk to some real Americans. see for yourself instead of what they want you to believe about us. i would just about bet, your viewpoint would be changed quite a bit.
I would say "most do care" judging from the gunshow turnout, the empty selves where guns and ammo were just a couple months back. Also the president has all but conceeded to everything but background checks do to politics.

NEVER FORGET

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
I would say "most do care" judging from the gunshow turnout, the empty selves where guns and ammo were just a couple months back. Also the president has all but conceeded to everything but background checks do to politics.
EXACTLTY THIS!!! thank you for helping prove my point.

if people are panic buying because they fear another AWB like we had from 1994-2004, then this must mean they are not wanting one. i remember the early 1990's very well and the buying that went on in relation to the impending AWB of 1994. that was nothing compared to what has gone on in it the last two months.

more and more people are signing up for CC classes. this shows that people are concerned about their safety and the safety of their loved ones.

these events are telling me, that people are not on board with more gun control. that they are making a a peaceful opposition to these measures by buying guns and ammo, and by legally arming themselves.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #170
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I would say "most do care" judging from the gunshow turnout, the empty selves where guns and ammo were just a couple months back. Also the president has all but conceeded to everything but background checks do to politics
There are already background checks and permits for concealed carry. If so many Americans are so against checks why they not protest and stop the checks that already excist. ?