If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight? - Page 16
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #151
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
What did it achieve it was hardly a mass popular action.

You are kidding yourself you are assuming that most americans have a problem with gun control.

The authorities in America had no problem shooting at unarmed citizens in the past.

Quote. On May 4, l970 members of the Ohio National Guard fired into a crowd of Kent State University demonstrators, killing four and wounding nine Kent State students. The impact of the shootings was dramatic. The event triggered a nationwide student strike that forced hundreds of colleges and universities to close.
And were those students armed? NO! Had they been, it might have had a different outcome dontcha think?

Old 02-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #152
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 413 Times on 285 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Quote:
And were those students armed? NO! Had they been, it might have had a different outcome dontcha think?
No they would just have had justification to shoot more of them.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #153

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
What did it achieve it was hardly a mass popular action.

You are kidding yourself you are assuming that most americans have a problem with gun control.

The authorities in America had no problem shooting at unarmed citizens in the past.

Quote. On May 4, l970 members of the Ohio National Guard fired into a crowd of Kent State University demonstrators, killing four and wounding nine Kent State students. The impact of the shootings was dramatic. The event triggered a nationwide student strike that forced hundreds of colleges and universities to close.
Per wikipedia, only 29 out of 77 National Guardsman admitted firing 67 rounds into the crowd of demonstrators, killing 4 and wounding 9 (one paralyzed).

That represents well less than the 50% estimated by Tackleberry.

eldar

Old 02-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #154
JAD

Liked 52 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Politicians are reluctant to vote on this look at the yeas and nays on the
90's bill, Many of the yea votes there, lost their seats in the 1994 elections.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:25 AM   #155
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Manta I can sort of understand, but don't except, the fact that you live in an oppressive society. I, and a few of the older folks around here in America, pretty much grew up being free. Free to go out and shoot anytime we wanted, free to have as many guns we wanted without fear of recriminations, free to just be ourselves and live a life of liberty as free, and self-governing, individuals. In America, the people govern. That's the way it's set up and a lot of us won't except anything less than that. I know I don't. Anything less than that is stealing my God given rights. I won't give up my rights to someone that thinks they know what's best for my life because you know what? They don't. I know what's best for my life. I know what's best for my family. I don't need someone in Washington DC or anywhere else, telling me how I should choose to live, or what I should do with my life. It's my live. It doesn't belong to ANY government, society, or political ideology. It's mine solely, and I choose to be free. So would I defend my liberty? You damn right I would.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:36 AM   #156

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

^^^^^this^^^^^

NEVER FORGET

People Like This 
Old 02-10-2013, 05:33 AM   #157
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

being free is a personal right. being able to defend yourself is also a personal right. the founding fathers agreed on this and wrote it into the Constitution and gave us the 2nd amendment to reinforce their belief in this concept. they believed in the concept of defending ourselves against tyranny and oppression, not from personal attack. the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed was their way of saying the the people should always have the power and never the government.

believe it or not, our government does still fear us, the armed citizen, hence their agenda to try and disarm us at every possible chance they can. they will use lies and deception to sway the uninformed masses, to try and change the beliefs of those who know no better. they try to use the argument of trying to stop horrendous violence as the platform to launch their agenda. sadly, people are slowly realizing their measures will not stop the senseless attacks and the indisriminate kiling. they are realizing thes measures are futile at best, and won't work anymore than the previous measures have.

as an American, i feel there is a time for peaceful resolution, and there will be a time to make a stand and say enough is enough. so far IMO, peaceful resolution does seem to be working, but we must remain vigilant and be prepared for when it doesn't. never allow your guard to slip and we must never be complacent and think we have won this battle.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:45 AM   #158
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system and too soon to shoot the bastards." ...Claire Wolf

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
People Like This 
Old 02-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #159
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 413 Times on 285 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Quote:
I can't decide what I want to buy I want them both only one permit left sig 1911 or beretta 96
A post on the forum above. That would suggest that registration and permits are already in force in some states. Where were all the patriots and protests to stop it.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #160
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
being free is a personal right. being able to defend yourself is also a personal right. the founding fathers agreed on this and wrote it into the Constitution and gave us the 2nd amendment to reinforce their belief in this concept. they believed in the concept of defending ourselves against tyranny and oppression, not from personal attack. the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed was their way of saying the the people should always have the power and never the government.

believe it or not, our government does still fear us, the armed citizen, hence their agenda to try and disarm us at every possible chance they can. they will use lies and deception to sway the uninformed masses, to try and change the beliefs of those who know no better. they try to use the argument of trying to stop horrendous violence as the platform to launch their agenda. sadly, people are slowly realizing their measures will not stop the senseless attacks and the indisriminate kiling. they are realizing thes measures are futile at best, and won't work anymore than the previous measures have.

as an American, i feel there is a time for peaceful resolution, and there will be a time to make a stand and say enough is enough. so far IMO, peaceful resolution does seem to be working, but we must remain vigilant and be prepared for when it doesn't. never allow your guard to slip and we must never be complacent and think we have won this battle.
Yup, walk softly and carry a big stick.