If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight? - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 04:05 AM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 87 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Actually we are Constitutional Representative Republic sprinkled with very small amounts of Democratic values. Well my ancestors fought for our rights including the Right to Bear Arms during the Revolution so I feel that it is my responsibility to fight to keep that right and all the others. When I mean fight I mean petition, protest, vote etc.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:21 AM   #122

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Without a means to defend our rights we become nothing more than subjects of the anointed one.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

People Like This 
Old 02-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #123

Liked 710 Times on 458 Posts
Likes Given: 227

" If they come for your guns, do you have a responsibility to fight? "

That is a very personal answer that does not belong on-line.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

People Like This 
Old 02-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #124

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default right or revolution

several state constitutions actually have articles that directly state the people have a right to reform or remove the established government when it oversteps its bounds. article 10 of the New Hampshire constitution states "Government being instituted for the common benefit, protection, and security, of the whole community, and not for the private interest or emolument of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, whenever the ends of government are perverted, and public liberty manifestly endangered, and all other means of redress are ineffectual, the people may, and of right ought to reform the old, or establish a new government. The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind." i love that this says not only that they can, but that they should, whenever government endangers liberty. i would say that trying to take away our constitutional rights is exactly that.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #125

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by aequitas12 View Post
several state constitutions actually have articles that directly state the people have a right to reform or remove the established government when it oversteps its bounds. article 10 of the New Hampshire constitution states "Government being instituted for the common benefit, protection, and security, of the whole community, and not for the private interest or emolument of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, whenever the ends of government are perverted, and public liberty manifestly endangered, and all other means of redress are ineffectual, the people may, and of right ought to reform the old, or establish a new government. The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind." i love that this says not only that they can, but that they should, whenever government endangers liberty. i would say that trying to take away our constitutional rights is exactly that.
Its also in the DoI FWIW...

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 02-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #126
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2421 Times on 1198 Posts
Likes Given: 1230

Big Bird!

You hit the nail on the head! And we need to get back to being a Republic! The reason is our Democracy is fastly becoming the United States of Chicago, New York, San Fransisco, Detroit, Miami and a few other big cities. And not representing the people of the other states. And not truly representing the United States of America,due to the populations in those geographic areas. And did I mention the electoral college! Therefore the people in other states are no longer actually represented as in the past. So I say the States need as they are to start standing up for their constituents and their individual state as they have started recently. This is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 02-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #127
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Hiwall, yes it's a personal question and sad that it must even be asked. I posted this to inspire discussion, not armed insurrection. I love my Country and have no desire to see violence of any kind befall it.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
People Like This 
Old 02-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Big Bird!

You hit the nail on the head! And we need to get back to being a Republic! The reason is our Democracy is fastly becoming the United States of Chicago, New York, San Fransisco, Detroit, Miami and a few other big cities. And not representing the people of the other states. And not truly representing the United States of America,due to the populations in those geographic areas. And did I mention the electoral college! Therefore the people in other states are no longer actually represented as in the past. So I say the States need as they are to start standing up for their constituents and their individual state as they have started recently. This is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!

FWIW, Plato noted famously that dictatorships arise from democracy.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

People Like This 
Old 02-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #129
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 997 Times on 528 Posts
Likes Given: 558

The thieves of Freedom make their intent well known in the public forum. Blatant.

The mass that craves and needs freedom must do as well, and do better.

We are not fools for these discussions, only awake and must be vigilante on the ready. To stand alone without making your position known will do you no good.

Where I frequent there is no desire let alone a call for "open" war in America. Unlike those on the Left.....

Old 02-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNGMSTR View Post
The thieves of Freedom make their intent well known in the public forum. Blatant.

The mass that craves and needs freedom must do as well, and do better.

We are not fools for these discussions, only awake and must be vigilante on the ready. To stand alone without making your position known will do you no good.

Where I frequent there is no desire let alone a call for "open" war in America. Unlike those on the Left.....
So...off topic I know...but where the hell ya been bud? You joined in 2010 but have relatively few posts?

Just wondering is all.

---Ron Paul

---Tom Braun