Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   If a person is a police officer, can he buy fully automatic firearms? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/if-person-police-officer-can-he-buy-fully-automatic-firearms-37405/)

James Park 01-25-2011 10:09 PM

If a person is a police officer, can he buy fully automatic firearms?

NGIB 01-25-2011 10:11 PM

Any citizen can buy a full auto weapon if they can afford it, aren't prohibited, and pay the taxes.

I'm trying to take you seriously but you are asking some juvenile questions...

willfully armed 01-25-2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 429588)
Any citizen can buy a full auto weapon if they can afford it, aren't prohibited, and pay the taxes.

I'm trying to take you seriously but you are asking some juvenile questions...

QFT.

mtdp..

bkt 01-25-2011 10:51 PM

It may depend on the jurisdiction, but generally being a cop doesn't permit you to get Class III firearms (or related equipment) any easier than it does anyone else. Why do you ask?

JonM 01-26-2011 01:07 AM

the reality of full auto is that its one hell of a lot of fun. thats why the libs hate hem so much.

they are VERY difficult to employ correctly, takes in great deal of training and personal skill. normally for the average nub to full auto, only the first 2 or 3 rounds hits anything. the rest are wasted. thats why the us military went to three round burst.

if you can afford one go for it. tax tamp +anywhere from 5k$ to 30k$+

billdeserthills 01-26-2011 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Park (Post 429585)

Why, is that your criteria for becoming a Police Officer?

Gatekeeper 01-26-2011 03:14 AM

I was curious myself if LEO's can buy new manufacture select-fire firearms.
I know that LE agencies can but not sure about individuals.
It would be much more affordable for them than purchasing one that was manufactured and registered before '86

c3shooter 01-26-2011 04:21 AM

Full auto firearms not already registered with the BATFE as of May 1986 may only be transferred to a Law Enforcement AGENCY, Military, or to another Class III dealer that has a right paperwork. Simply being a law enforcement OFFICER does not do anything for meeting the 1934 National Firearms Act.

DarinCraft 01-26-2011 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 429861)
Full auto firearms not already registered with the BATFE as of May 1986 may only be transferred to a Law Enforcement AGENCY, Military, or to another Class III dealer that has a right paperwork. Simply being a law enforcement OFFICER does not do anything for meeting the 1934 National Firearms Act.

Yep. What he said. But seriously asking continuously strange questions like this is starting to sound a little troll like. Relax and read, you'll find most of your questions have been answered from recoil to how you can buy an NFA firearm.

Gatekeeper 01-26-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 429861)

Thank you sir!