If I was a gun dealer I would want Oboma re-elected - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > If I was a gun dealer I would want Oboma re-elected

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 54 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
My LGS has had a "salesman of the month" photo of BO above the cash register for 3 years now.

None of us like Kenyan In Chief but he does get the Lemmings of the couch and into the gun shops!

Tack
Now see that was the point I was trying to make. My local gun store here in Turlock Ca . Alquist Arms is packed with people 6 days a week. These are not people window shopping these are people who are lookiing to purchase a firearm.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #12
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2872 Times on 1578 Posts
Likes Given: 810

Short term gain over having to close because of bans? That is pretty dumb and the way liberals think.
Got to have it now so I will charge it and go bankrupt.
Your position in life is based on luck not hard work.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #13

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

As stated I haven't been doing this long but I would think that wholesale prices have gone up and to be competitive profit margins have been reduced so, IMO it's a balancing act. You can sale a ton of inventory for a little bit of profit and continue to worry about what will be done to reduce gun ownership or get a change in leadership and see what happens.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Short term gain over having to close because of bans? That is pretty dumb and the way liberals think.
Got to have it now so I will charge it and go bankrupt.
Your position in life is based on luck not hard work.
It seems the liberals are intentionally bankrupting the country there is no other explanation for borrowing 40 cents of every dollar spent.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
As stated I haven't been doing this long but I would think that wholesale prices have gone up and to be competitive profit margins have been reduced so, IMO it's a balancing act. You can sale a ton of inventory for a little bit of profit and continue to worry about what will be done to reduce gun ownership or get a change in leadership and see what happens.
One thing I have noticed over the years is that gun prices never go down.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #16

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

You are right about that, but with fear comes a faster rise than usual!

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #17

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Regarding the rising prices also remember that the value of the dollar has tanked hard over the last 5 years. It simply does not buy what it used to. Gun prices have risen along with everything else. Milk, bread, and Gasoline have all gone up. There are Micro economic reasons for all of it but a percentage of the increases is simply that every dollar you earn is worth about .80 cents compared to it's worth 5 years ago.

This is what happens when your Government pays it's bills with the printing press. More dollars in the global market = less demand = less purchasing power for each buck.

Those really getting screwed are our seniors living on a fixed income with no opportunity to increase there income.

Tack
silverado113 Likes This 
Old 05-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #18

Liked 1727 Times on 1029 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius10721 View Post
After all the guns and ammo sold after the last election if I was gun dealer I would be secretly be hoping that Oboma would get re-elected. Remember how crazy it got after he was elected. All assualt rifles gone . All ammo off the shelves. No powder no primers. Sorry I apologize if any of you think I was trying to insult gun dealers. Just making a point about how this president drives up gun and ammo sales more than any other president we have ever had. We even have some gun companys like Ruger who have stopped taking orders because of backlog of sales. When Obummer got elected I pretty much tried to buy every type of gun I thought I would ever want or need and the reloading material to ensure I would always have ammo for them.
Give me a freaking break.

It was not Obama that drove up gun prices and cleared the shelves of ammo. It was paranoia about Obama being elected. There is a big difference. All of the gloom and doom sayers of 2008 are now making another run with the same crap for 2012. Our ammo prices are going to go up, because the hoarders are going to put on their tin foil hats and buy, buy, buy.

Three months after the next election, no matter who wins, you are going to see, in forums all across the nation: "I have 5,000 round of 9mm for sale for what I bought it for."

The makers, wholesalers and retailers love this kind of unfettered fear. Some folks see a dangerous election, they see $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Carl Sagan

Old 05-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #19

Liked 355 Times on 261 Posts
Likes Given: 358

In order for one party or the other to pass and implement any legislation they either need to compromise or else to win all 4 branches of the federal government (House, Senate, White House, and Supreme Court).

This present government is divided between John Boehner and Harry Reid, and therefore little or nothing will pass anytime soon. The mere presidency is not going to affect this outcome at all.

Either Boehner and Romney and the Reeps in the House would all need to be defeated, or Reid and Obama and the Deems in the Senate would all need to be.

It is always good to buy guns and ammo, not too many, just enough. 7 various guns per person is probably enough and covers about everything if you choose correctly the first time, although lots of guys have dozens upon dozens. I would rather invest in ammo than in an excess of guns, so that is what I have done.

The list --

- one semi-auto self defense pistol
- one high capacity shotgun or rifle for home defense (or both)
- one scoped hunting rifle large enough to do everything you do
- one backup hunting revolver
- one 22 LR handgun (pistol or revolver)
- one 22 LR rifle (or AR barrel group for your receiver)

Favorites for the above --

- CZ 97B 45ACP
- Mossberg 590 or AR-15 or both
- Remington 700 in 300 RUM
- Smith & Wesson in 44 or 500
- Colt woodsman
- Ruger 10/22

Last edited by Shoobee; 05-29-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:35 PM   #20
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3436 Times on 1660 Posts
Likes Given: 1730

I guess you know if the Goofball along with his cronies are reelected there no doubt there will be an all out attack on our Second Amendment. He was afraid to launch the attack this time since he would no doubt loose when the moderate democrats realized his intention to launch an all out attack on the Second Amendment Rights. But if he is reelected he has nothing to loose at that point and Katy bar the Door! Everyone needs to remember this in November. He and his group are like the wolf in sheep's clothing!

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy