Idiot With A Gun - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Idiot With A Gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #51
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 518 Times on 316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

To take this just a little further off topic....
I used to have a little honda civic with a sun roof, I would keep a cup of ball bearings in the cup holder and flick one out of the sun roof when ever I was being tailgated. At 90mph you can hear the windshield of an f250 two feet off your rear bumper go "CRACK!!"
That is so wrong. You are just plain mean. You shouldn't even be aloud to be behind the wheel of a car .. I was just joking

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 01-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #52

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGSF

That is so wrong. You are just plain mean. You shouldn't even be aloud to be behind the wheel of a car .. I was just joking
Lol. One way I was looking at it is this, I had a tiny little car, I was driving fast as hell (hint, there is no public road in NC with a 90mph speed limit) and it was always the big vehicles that felt this ungodly need to ride right on my ass, the ones that WILL kill you if you happen to have a blow out or have to hit the brakes at that speed.

Now before anyone says move over, I want to point out that I always drive the travel lane except when I actually am passing someone.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:35 AM   #53
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8321 Times on 4809 Posts
Likes Given: 10792

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Dang, VikingDad! Any of those things can cause the bicyclist to fall into traffic. I would just suck it up and let the bikers be.
Actually Winds I am very careful to give them a wide berth. The area that live in is badly infested with bicyclists and motorcyclists on any given day. There are many who are very courteous and share the road, but the ones who don't are really a problem. The roads I drive every day are a worldwide destination for both motorcycles and bicycles. Ducati sends a tractor trailer-load of their new bikes here every year to give riders an opportunity to test ride a new Ducati. I have had literally dozens of dangerous encounters with specifically these riders. I have had them pass on blind corners with oncoming traffic riding the center line between the cars. I have had a guy pass me on a corner, cut close in front of me and do a "stoppie" right in front of me, nearly crashing his (borrowed from the factory) Ducati in the process. I had a very hard time stopping and very nearly crashed into him.

I literally have a negative encounter every time I drive that route on a weekend. The cops have literally given up trying to enforce the speed limit and they will not cite bicyclists for any traffic violation (I was told that directly in public by California Highway Patrol Captain Bridgette Lott who was in charge of a large portion of this area). The only time they come up here is when there has been a crash. For that matter the cops participate in the problems! There is a group of about a dozen uniformed officers on patrol bikes that come up as a group almost every Wednesday. To date I have not been able to identify what agency they work for but when I do I will be asking some questions about why uniformed officers on patrol bikes are going on a weekly joy ride on the taxpayer's back. I have never once observed these officers doing any enforcement. (Edit) Take a look at this website for Alice's Restaurant and look at the picture slide show, the last picture is this group of cops (at least their bikes) that ride nearly every Wednesday on Skyline. http://www.alicesrestaurant.com/index.html Seriously, every frigging Wednesday. On the taxpayer's dime.

What I am saying is that we have been left to our own defenses here. The cops have given up and the problem persists as a result. The measures I take are very carefully executed in order to only make their ride unpleasant, not to hurt or potentially hurt them.

Last edited by Vikingdad; 01-06-2012 at 04:41 AM.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Viking, you should invest in a good bike-chasing dog. If the cops have given up, he should be free to chase to his heart's content.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #55

Liked 2515 Times on 1434 Posts
Likes Given: 1962

I think we need to have some "Biker Ball Bearing Control" laws...

Old 01-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #56
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 518 Times on 316 Posts

there are idiots with guns gust like there are idiots with cars, trucks,bikes and so on just like there are some people on here that don't know when one person is joking or not. Or they comment on something they have no clue of. that is just a pet pev of mine I am sorry for the rant

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 01-07-2012, 05:10 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Viking, you should invest in a good bike-chasing dog. If the cops have given up, he should be free to chase to his heart's content.
I have one.

Problem is that the bikers report being bitten to their doctor. The doctor is legally obligated to report it to the county. Animal control comes to the door and there you go.

So now she lives inside the house at all times unless she is on leash. We have 20 acres but we can't afford to fence the whole place for Pete's sake!

The cops respond when the bikers complain.

They don't respond when hundreds of neighbors complain about the bikers.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:12 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGSF View Post
there are idiots with guns gust like there are idiots with cars, trucks,bikes and so on just like there are some people on here that don't know when one person is joking or not. Or they comment on something they have no clue of. that is just a pet pev of mine I am sorry for the rant
Say What?