Idiot With A Gun - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Idiot With A Gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2486 Times on 1421 Posts
Likes Given: 1940

Research and statistics.

OKAY, here we go again.

Total deaths worldwide caused by WWI and WWII--35 million

Total deaths worldwide since WWI because of

"national gun control" laws-------------------------71 million(OOPSIES!)

Seems as though, on a worldwide basis, you're twice as

likely to be killed by gun control than a world war...

How's it going over there, Sarah?

I could do this all day...

Old 01-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #42

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I love gun buy back programs. They had one in KC recently. A guy I know turned in his old 1911, and used the cash to buy a brand new one.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #43
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8260 Times on 4772 Posts
Likes Given: 10674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
I didn't understand the first story.

Do you mean it is illegal to shoot at bicycle riders on the street? After I pass the same one 5 times in 5 blocks, cause he blows the redlights, and passes me, I have considered it.

It is easier though, to see him hauling ass to pass you and have someone open the passenger door. You ding up a lot of doors, but it is worth it.
OK, I know you are trying to be funny, but opening the door on them is just not a cool thing to suggest.

I do several different things. One thing is to get into the "marbles" (all of that debris that collects just off of the regular traffic line- you racing fans know what I'm talking about) just before you pass and then get back into it just after you pass them. If you practice it you can carry a cloud of debris into them from behind and then continue it for as long as it stays airborne in front of them. The trick is to stay in the marbles as much as you can. As long as you aren't driving too fast its pretty easy.

The other one is if you drive a diesel you can hammer it as you pass them and douse them in smoke. It works with older diesels at least.

Redirecting your washer nozzles can wet them down. Putting ammonia in the reservoir makes it more unpleasant.

Works on A-hole motorcycles too.

The key is don't hurt anybody. Ever.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #44
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7090 Times on 4267 Posts
Likes Given: 8593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
OK, I know you are trying to be funny, but opening the door on them is just not a cool thing to suggest.

I do several different things. One thing is to get into the "marbles" (all of that debris that collects just off of the regular traffic line- you racing fans know what I'm talking about) just before you pass and then get back into it just after you pass them. If you practice it you can carry a cloud of debris into them from behind and then continue it for as long as it stays airborne in front of them. The trick is to stay in the marbles as much as you can. As long as you aren't driving too fast its pretty easy.

The other one is if you drive a diesel you can hammer it as you pass them and douse them in smoke. It works with older diesels at least.

Redirecting your washer nozzles can wet them down. Putting ammonia in the reservoir makes it more unpleasant.

Dang, VikingDad! Any of those things can cause the bicyclist to fall into traffic. I would just suck it up and let the bikers be.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:09 AM   #45

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

Dang, VikingDad! Any of those things can cause the bicyclist to fall into traffic. I would just suck it up and let the bikers be.
Plus, jack wad motorcyclists tend to carry ball bearings and such in their pockets....

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 01-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #46

Liked 171 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 73

The NYT is preaching to their own choir. Everyone knows NYC is one of the most dangerous places in the whole country. Kitty Genovese again comes to mind, for me.

What the NYT laments as bad news (the growing tendancy of states to allow their residents to CCW), I (and the rest of us here) rejoice as good news.

My own anecdotal view is that the slight increase in crimes caused by allowing CCW is more than offset many times by the reduction in attempted crime by citizens defending themselves with their own CCWs.

To study this issue formally would take a grant and a college professor and all of his PhD candidates though. Meanwhile both sides are just blowing smoke.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #47

Liked 171 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
Plus, jack wad motorcyclists tend to carry ball bearings and such in their pockets....
That's probably so they can get away from motorcycle cops.

Sort of like "countermeasures" on a submarine boat.

I guess if they are running drugs, they need to be prepared.

Sounds psycho though.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #48

Liked 2490 Times on 1117 Posts
Likes Given: 2399

Motorcyclists keep ball bearings in their pockets to keep the jackwad minivan driving cellphone talking idiots from running over them.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

Chewing tobacco can provide some useful side effects.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #50

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282
Motorcyclists keep ball bearings in their pockets to keep the jackwad minivan driving cellphone talking idiots from running over them.
To take this just a little further off topic....
I used to have a little honda civic with a sun roof, I would keep a cup of ball bearings in the cup holder and flick one out of the sun roof when ever I was being tailgated. At 90mph you can hear the windshield of an f250 two feet off your rear bumper go "CRACK!!"