Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Idiana makes new law protecting the 4th amendment...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 749 Times on 433 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Default Idiana makes new law protecting the 4th amendment...

http://www.allgov.com/Top_Stories/ViewNews/Indiana_First_State_to_Allow_Citizens_to_Shoot_Law _Enforcement_Officers_120611

Discuss amongst yourselves.

as for me....

I LOVE this law. Our lawmakers got it right. This comes after the IN high court said it was unlawful for citizens to protect themselves and property from unlawful search and seizure.

The way i see, If the minions of the police state are upset and crying foul...then its a win for liberty!!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #2

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

It appears the People are getting fed up with all the liberal crap.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #3

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 240

Anyone else moving to Indiana?

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Old 06-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #4

Liked 27 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj
http://www.allgov.com/Top_Stories/ViewNews/Indiana_First_State_to_Allow_Citizens_to_Shoot_Law _Enforcement_Officers_120611

as for me....

I LOVE this law. Our lawmakers got it right. This comes after the IN high court said it was unlawful for citizens to protect themselves and property from unlawful search and seizure.

The way i see, If the minions of the police state are upset and crying foul...then its a win for liberty!!
I think its great and hope Michigan soon follows in Indiana's footsteps. I don't care what you are, if you're unlawfully on my property or in my home, things won't end well for ya...

Old 06-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #5

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaster456
Anyone else moving to Indiana?
Sorry, I already live in this great gun law state!!!!

Old 06-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #6

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post

as for me....

Honestly I read this thinking it was Illinois and April Fools day

Old 06-13-2012, 01:42 AM   #7

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 240

My only concern is people shooting officers who are there lawfully, but are shot anyway, and now, the officer is dead for no reason because someone decided to shoot first and ask questions later. We'll see how this goes. I hope I am concerned over nothing.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Old 06-13-2012, 02:44 AM   #8

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Do you really think people will shoot an LEO? I would never and I never think to shoot one either!!!!

Old 06-13-2012, 03:59 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 564 Times on 331 Posts
Likes Given: 3209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
Do you really think people will shoot an LEO? I would never and I never think to shoot one either!!!!
Short answer? Yes.

A not so short answer....

you bet your butt someone will do this, most likely someone who "feels" they aren't there lawfully (but were called in by someone else residing in that home).

This falls into my category of "jut because you CAN, doesn't absolutely mean you should"

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 06-13-2012, 04:13 AM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Who do bad cops answer to when they unlawfully perform a search? Other LEOs will protect their "brother" from trouble. Im not at all saying you should shoot cops. But... on a similar subject... a friend was telling me a story today actually of a cop who detained him and tore through everything in his car (dumping his food out on the floorboards) without permission or probable cause. And then refused to give him his name or badge number before leaving. All because he was driving late at night.

Bad cops aren't worried about consequence so much because we lowly citizens have no authority or power to hold them to any standard.