An idea im trying to polish - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

An idea im trying to polish

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

I know what there ought to be a law about.

For every law they make,they must cite the specific powers granted them by the applicable jurisdictional grant of authority.

This means the feds should have to cite the powers granted to enact said law in the Constitution,and the states must do so with the state Constitution and the federal Constitution where applicable,and local municipalities must go so far as to justify even their charter where applicable.

I suggest this be an amendment to the bill of rights,with a preamble to the effect of "in order to protect the people from an expanse of ridiculous "laws" not authorized by the power granted a limited by law government....."
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 08-21-2012 at 12:42 AM.
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-21-2012, 01:05 AM   #72
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh View Post
I know what there ought to be a law about.

For every law they make,they must cite the specific powers granted them by the applicable jurisdictional grant of authority.

This means the feds should have to cite the powers granted to enact said law in the Constitution,and the states must do so with the state Constitution and the federal Constitution where applicable,and local municipalities must go so far as to justify even their charter where applicable.

I suggest this be an amendment to the bill of rights,with a preamble to the effect of "in order to protect the people from an expanse of ridiculous "laws" not authorized by the power granted a limited by law government....."
Its a good concept but the judicial branch interprets the constitution. Do you really want congress declaring what is and isn't constitutional?

It would open up a need for judicial review before a bill could even be voted on. Is that what your getting at?

All the bills written clearly state who is in charge of enacting the law and/or enforcing it. problem is, alot of time those agencies pop up out of thin air. HS comes to mind.

The problem is also that the system works in their favor. What other job can you get just by bashing the current employee? then f**k everything up and have it happen to you. Accountability has become a fantasy, replaced by our country doing perpetual damage control.

These a holes need to be kept on their toes and we've tried threatening them with elections but what does that do? they constantly campaign for their jobs instead of doing what we hired them to do.

Now Im rambling. Not saying there isn't a real solution or that your idea's not in the right direction. Just sayin.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson