Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > An idea im trying to polish

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #11
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Default

Easy guys. He did say it may be a turd.

__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PrimePorkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Urbana,Illinois
Posts: 1,748
Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
No. I am saying you are full of BS because you are. First you say it was your idea, you started this thread with this statement.

And then when I said this

All of a sudden you realized it was a bad idea and you really are an Obama loving socialist and you changed you tune.

So I am saying you are full of BS because you started this and it was a bad idea. You just spoke out your ars and it was wrong.
You clearly have a reading comprehension problem. I never said I was for it, I was talking about painting a narrative and using it against them.

Lure them in with the concept then throw it in their face. If you fully believe i'm an Obama loving socialist, then I really think you're a moron.

You have an affinity for trolling these forums. If you think the idea of using it against them is a bad idea, then fine, but don't put words in my mouth.


Here, allow me to break it down for you:

See, I lead in with the talking point, then I say this

Quote:
Seems to me the knee jerk reaction from a gun grabber would be "those people have rights too!" to which we can grin and respond "you won't march into the home of a known criminal and disarm them? But you'll march into mine and attempt to disarm me?"
You can go back to the original post and see for yourself. It's there

"Seems to me the knee jer reaction from a gun grabber would be" _____

To which you can respond "You don't march into the home of a known criminal and disarm them but you will do that to me?"

No where in there did I say we should be doing this. The idea stems from proving that liberal gun grabbers don't want to disarm criminals. They want to disarm law abiding citizens.

If you're too dull to figure that out on your own, then there really is no reason to be speaking with you.
__________________
VICTORY IS OURS
Because of members of THIS FORUM - Bass Pro Shops have reversed their anti-2nd Amendment policies on ammunition sales in the State of Illinois

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 08-07-2012 at 02:26 PM.
PrimePorkchop is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PrimePorkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Urbana,Illinois
Posts: 1,748
Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Easy guys. He did say it may be a turd.
Thank you, but there's no need to go easy, I can take criticism just fine. If using this idea against a gun grabber is a bad idea, then it's a bad idea...that's the whole reason I posted here, for discussion of the idea to decide if there's holes in it.

What I take exception to is some child marching in the middle of an adult conversation and putting words in my mouth. Like a typical shill, he has to conjure a reality for him to be correct in, because his words don't hold weight in reality.
__________________
VICTORY IS OURS
Because of members of THIS FORUM - Bass Pro Shops have reversed their anti-2nd Amendment policies on ammunition sales in the State of Illinois

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 08-07-2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: its early havent had coffee yet...
PrimePorkchop is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #14
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6,973
Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

I understand what you're doing - using their technique against them.

It probably won't work. There are plenty of lefties out there who would have no problem with police stopping people or searching homes if it's "for the greater good". (Then, you could turn that around and ask why it's wrong to profile muslims, but I digress.)

Bottom line: you are trying to use logic on people who are immune to it.

__________________
bkt is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PrimePorkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Urbana,Illinois
Posts: 1,748
Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
I understand what you're doing - using their technique against them.

It probably won't work. There are plenty of lefties out there who would have no problem with police stopping people or searching homes if it's "for the greater good". (Then, you could turn that around and ask why it's wrong to profile muslims, but I digress.)

Bottom line: you are trying to use logic on people who are immune to it.
I like that rebuttal with the Muslim profiling (or Mexican profiling in Arizona)

you're correct in that last line, too...but unfortunately I know no other way to have a discourse with them....perhaps its not possible? But I have to try!
__________________
VICTORY IS OURS
Because of members of THIS FORUM - Bass Pro Shops have reversed their anti-2nd Amendment policies on ammunition sales in the State of Illinois
PrimePorkchop is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BigByrd47119's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 3,401
Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop
So how about this: how about enabling our police to profile anyone walking down the street who looks like a gang banger and immediately conducting a search of their person for a firearm?
Thats exactly what they are doing in the hoods of NYC that has everyone in an uproar!
__________________

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

BigByrd47119 is offline  
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Idaho --,Happy
Posts: 1,905
Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post

Bottom line: you are trying to use logic on people who are immune to it.
A bad idea isn't "logic". Logic isn't about reverse psyschology. The title of this thread is "An idea im trying to polish".
__________________
Flat Tire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PrimePorkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Urbana,Illinois
Posts: 1,748
Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
A bad idea isn't "logic". Logic isn't about reverse psyschology. The title of this thread is "An idea im trying to polish".
You are an impossible shill who refuses to look past your own idiocy. You have my pity. Perhaps I presented my thoughts in a manner that someone like you could come along and interpret them in such a horrible way.

Maybe next time i'll write it in crayon.
__________________
VICTORY IS OURS
Because of members of THIS FORUM - Bass Pro Shops have reversed their anti-2nd Amendment policies on ammunition sales in the State of Illinois

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 08-07-2012 at 03:02 PM.
PrimePorkchop is offline  
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #19
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Default

Reverse psychology sounds like a particular method of reasoning or argumentation to me. Pretty sure that's the definition of logic.

__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,900
Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default

I don't use logic, or reverse psyschology on anti-gunner/anti-rights cockroaches. I just tell them to go Fu_k off that is the most they deserve. A beeting is the best but I am trying to stay out of jail.

__________________
opaww is offline  
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
can't get my barrel to polish! help please! Broke124 Gunsmithing Forum 14 04-01-2013 12:22 AM
My polish job on my G 29 denverr1 Glock Forum 19 07-16-2012 04:51 AM
Polish P64 marc29th Semi-Auto Handguns 18 05-11-2012 02:33 PM
Polish P-64 bil1943 Semi-Auto Handguns 15 01-21-2012 09:12 PM