Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > An idea im trying to polish

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PrimePorkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Urbana,Illinois
Posts: 1,748
Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default An idea im trying to polish

EDIT:

I've decided to rewrite the above in order to better convey my thought process. Some people have thought what i'm intending to do is to actually condone the police to march into your home at any time. Quite the opposite.

I approached this "idea" with the presumption that most gun grabbers would argue they want gun control so that it'll "reduce crime". They would argue that "taking away an assault rifle" would reduce crime. They would say that we have to get guns out of the hands of criminals to make our streets safe again... But the obvious answer, the "preaching to the choir" answer, is "taking a firearm away from a law abiding citizen is not taking away firearms from criminals"

You know that. I know that. They know that. But they're not after THAT outcome. They're after an outcome where OUR guns go away, because they're afraid of guns, or they don't like guns, and if they're afraid of something, or they don't like it, then NOBODY should have it. That's the "no **** sherlock" prerequisite to being a liberal.

So, when having a discussion with anyone who might argue this, then you can simply throw it back in their face.

You can say: "Would you be okay if police were allowed to profile gangbangers and search them, at any time, for illegal firearms?"

or you could take it a step further and say

"Would you be okay with the police being allowed to march into the home of any known felon and making sure they don't have firearms?"


To which they would almost certainly reply "no, that's a violation of their rights"

To which YOU Get to respond "So you'll stick up for the rights of a convicted felon, but wont' stick up for the rights of a law abiding citizen?"

That was the whole concept of my "idea"

I've been able to polish it, however, and refine its approach, so thank you all for helping me there. Now, I just have to make sure its worth using.
__________________
VICTORY IS OURS
Because of members of THIS FORUM - Bass Pro Shops have reversed their anti-2nd Amendment policies on ammunition sales in the State of Illinois

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 08-13-2012 at 11:32 PM.
PrimePorkchop is offline  
KalashnikovJosh Likes This 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 08-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #2
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 16,948
Liked 5129 Times on 2671 Posts
Likes Given: 311

Default

Police got too much to do already but its a good argument to use on the national socialists

__________________

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

JonM is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Idaho --,Happy
Posts: 1,905
Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

How do we pay for this when we need to cut spending? It sounds like a socialist's idea, more control of the people and letting the government have a bigger hand is our lives.

__________________
Flat Tire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PrimePorkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Urbana,Illinois
Posts: 1,748
Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire
How do we pay for this when we need to cut spending? It sounds like a socialist's idea, more control of the people and letting the government have a bigger hand is our lives.
That's exactly my point. Im not saying I am FOR this at all but it'll illustrate the fact that these gun grabbers aren't out to disarm criminals, theyre out to disarm the population. Their goal isn't less crime it's a defenseless population

It's putting their rhetoric to the test and watching it fail miserably... Or at least I think it is
__________________
VICTORY IS OURS
Because of members of THIS FORUM - Bass Pro Shops have reversed their anti-2nd Amendment policies on ammunition sales in the State of Illinois
PrimePorkchop is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Idaho --,Happy
Posts: 1,905
Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
So I had one of those dreams last night that gave me what appears to be a good idea ...

So how about this: how about enabling our police to profile anyone walking down the street who looks like a gang banger and immediately conducting a search of their person for a firearm?

Let's take it a step further: how about identifying all known criminals and allowing law enforcement to randomly search their domicile for firearms?
You sound a lot like the "next person", have you thought about running for an elected position ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post

It's just proof that our Government is just as full of **** as the next person, they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.
__________________
Flat Tire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PrimePorkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Urbana,Illinois
Posts: 1,748
Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
You sound a lot like the "next person", have you thought about running for an elected position ?
So, you're saying that i'm full of **** because I use the arguments of a gun grabbers against the gun grabbers themselves?

It sounds like you're personally insulted at this idea...perhaps it applies to you?

Or perhaps you're just another bored human being looking to prod your pseudo-intellecutal toes in the water to see how big of a splash you can make? We have a name for those kinds of people:

__________________
VICTORY IS OURS
Because of members of THIS FORUM - Bass Pro Shops have reversed their anti-2nd Amendment policies on ammunition sales in the State of Illinois

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 08-07-2012 at 02:07 PM.
PrimePorkchop is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #7
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

Default

Isn't this the idea behind the new box on the fa-10 form?

__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PrimePorkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Urbana,Illinois
Posts: 1,748
Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Isn't this the idea behind the new box on the fa-10 form?
Hmm, I dont' know if im familiar with that...I googled it and a bunch of information for Mass. comes up...is this a form specific to that state?
__________________
VICTORY IS OURS
Because of members of THIS FORUM - Bass Pro Shops have reversed their anti-2nd Amendment policies on ammunition sales in the State of Illinois
PrimePorkchop is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:19 PM   #9
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

Default

It's the paperwork filled out when purchasing a firearm. They just added a new box to it.
Latino or not Latino. Lol

__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:19 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Idaho --,Happy
Posts: 1,905
Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

No. I am saying you are full of BS because you are. First you say it was your idea, you started this thread with this statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
So I had one of those dreams last night that gave me what appears to be a good idea ... I've been trying to polish this idea just to make sure it's not just a turd... Maybe it'll make for some interesting discussion?

So how about this: how about enabling our police to profile anyone walking down the street who looks like a gang banger and immediately conducting a search of their person for a firearm?

Let's take it a step further: how about identifying all known criminals and allowing law enforcement to randomly search their domicile for firearms?

Discuss?
And then when I said this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
How do we pay for this when we need to cut spending? It sounds like a socialist's idea, more control of the people and letting the government have a bigger hand is our lives.
All of a sudden you realized it was a bad idea and you really are an Obama loving socialist and you changed you tune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
That's exactly my point. Im not saying I am FOR this at all but it'll illustrate the fact that these gun grabbers aren't out to disarm criminals, theyre out to disarm the population. Their goal isn't less crime it's a defenseless population

It's putting their rhetoric to the test and watching it fail miserably... Or at least I think it is
So I am saying you are full of BS because you started this and it was a bad idea. You just spoke out your ars and it was wrong.
__________________
Flat Tire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
can't get my barrel to polish! help please! Broke124 Gunsmithing Forum 14 04-01-2013 12:22 AM
My polish job on my G 29 denverr1 Glock Forum 19 07-16-2012 04:51 AM
Polish P64 marc29th Semi-Auto Handguns 18 05-11-2012 02:33 PM
Polish P-64 bil1943 Semi-Auto Handguns 15 01-21-2012 09:12 PM