I Used To Like Google - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > I Used To Like Google

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 04:08 AM   #21
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1915 Times on 1105 Posts
Likes Given: 3905

I am done with Google & Google Shopping. I checked the following link out, that BigByrd47119 posted (http://drudgegae.iavian.net/r?hop=http://www.prisonplanet.com/google-shopping-censors-all-gun-ammo-accessories-results.html)

Here is the google link:

http://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/ApI7UWRj6OCZpd

Go to "Unacceptable product categories" and see that products are effected as well. See how the complaint factor goes on this new rule.

Old 07-02-2012, 04:19 AM   #22

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

http://www.google.com/intl/en/about/company/facts/locations/

We should call and complain.

Everybody needs a little Devastation!

Old 07-02-2012, 05:55 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 154 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I deleted google from computer and will no longer check my gmail account. I forgot the password anyways, and google wants $3 to reset it. I just laughed at them. I prefer yahoo mail anyway.

Brian

Old 07-05-2012, 06:20 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 660 Times on 403 Posts
Likes Given: 3706

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I guess if you are real big into Google shopping this might be an issue. Personally I don't like sponsored links no matter the source (people paying to get their ads higher in a search does not make them a better choice) and don't use things like Google shopping. So the regular search is just fine and it still gives all the results it did before. Though I guess I see the point about them not allowing evil gun stuff in their sponsored links but that is just less money in Google's pockets be not taking,money from evil gun people.

If it's a problem just use another search engine. There are tons of them and some are just as good as Google. I used to use Google a lot more before it was so huge and things like gmail was being beta tested and by invite only. Still do on my android phone just because it's there and I do still have my prehistoric gmail account.

You're right though. People can not expect Google to bow down to anyone and no way the government should intervene. But I think it has more to do with people being upset about a company and their not gun friendly policy. If this is the case then they should not use Google and speak with their wallet.
Free internet search, exactly how does not using them "speak with your wallet"?

You go onto the internet using your ISP, last I checked, Google isn't a provider, just a search engine.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 07-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #25

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post
Free internet search, exactly how does not using them "speak with your wallet"?

You go onto the internet using your ISP, last I checked, Google isn't a provider, just a search engine.
Google makes money every time you click an ad link or in some cases just viewing the link. If you don't use them for search they make less money. In the case of Google, they have about 50% market share so the amount of money they make off of just you is irrelevant to the big picture.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 07-06-2012, 03:39 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 660 Times on 403 Posts
Likes Given: 3706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Google makes money every time you click an ad link or in some cases just viewing the link. If you don't use them for search they make less money. In the case of Google, they have about 50% market share so the amount of money they make off of just you is irrelevant to the big picture.
So, this last part basically supports my point.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 07-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWagner View Post
This seems to be rather uneven. My search results in Google Shopping are giving me almost zero. For example, a search vor .30-06 ammunition takes me to a page that says there are 77 sellers, but when I click on the button to compare prices, it says there are no sellers. It is giving out one vendor at best for other searches, and those could be Cabela's or Cheaper Than Dirt. I have been using the google provided search terms that appear as a drop-down list of suggestions. I posted this on another hobby site (for cars) and those guys have no trouble at all getting lots of hits in Google Shopping. At this point, I have no clue as to why some of us are blocked and others are not.
I just went to Google Shopping, searched .40 S&W Ammo and got 539 hits. I didn't even get to type in the "S" before Google provided a drop-down of suggested search terms.

I'm in Florida. Could it have anything to do with where you live?

EDIT> I just clicked the first 30 hits. Two of the hits came back as "no sellers" and they were for ammunition. All the other hits worked including ammo sales hits.

Last edited by Doc3402; 07-06-2012 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Added Info

Old 07-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #28

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post
So, this last part basically supports my point.
Yep. Anyone wanting to boycott Google also needs to not use any Android based phone or a Motorola phone as Google owns them. Chrome browser is also a Google product.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 07-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #29

Liked 39 Times on 32 Posts

I did an ammo search on google a few days ago and was wondering why nothing popped up, but quickly got distracted by a new topic. Now that I know what happened, i am very disappointed in google.

I was a very early google fan one of the early people to realize the usefulness of google as being my homepage. I actively spread the word to get other people to use google. I watched them grow with many useful free tools like maps and eventually switched to gmail. I was a bit slower to switch to gmail, but none the less. Shopping has become another favorite useful tool. Now they pull this which greatly offends me.

I'm willing to dump google and my gmail account, but first i'm going to try to raise awareness and see if this can be reversed. Public outcry sometimes works if the ears are wise.

. Mossberg 500 12g
. Stoeger Coach 12g
RIFLES:
. Remington 700 300 WinMag
. Bushmaster M-4 223
. Ruger Mini-14 223
. Ruger 10/22 22LR (x2)
. Rossi 1892 Lever 357
HANDGUNS:
. Remington R1 & R1S 1911 45 ACP (x2)
. Springfield Armory XDm 45 ACP
. Beretta Px4 Storm 45 ACP
. Beretta 92FS 9mm (x2)
. Ruger Vaquero 357 (x2)
. Ruger LCR 357
. Ruger LCP 380
. Ruger 22/45 22LR
. Walther P22 22LR

Old 07-07-2012, 01:00 AM   #30

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 14

If you have the Google toolbar or use Google Chrome, then when you uninstall those programs you will get a "why did you leave us?" page. There you can tell them your dissatisfaction with their new policy. That's what I did. FWIW.

Given normal corporate greed and the willingness of the Obama administration to pull sneaky tricks to undermine the 2nd amendment, I would be only a little surprised to learn that Google got a big tax credit in return for their action. Bing will be next, since Microsoft is already a major DNC contributor.

Bill
"If I were the Devil, I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious. Then my police state would force everybody back to work."
-Paul Harvey, 1964
Guns? What guns? Oh, I haven't seen those since I left my garage door open one night by mistake.

Last edited by bowserb; 07-07-2012 at 01:05 AM.