Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   i think the momentum may be leaning in our favor... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/i-think-momentum-may-leaning-our-favor-27609/)

Mack Bolan 05-27-2010 01:47 PM

i think the momentum may be leaning in our favor...

Man, 80, Shoots And Kills Burglar In His West Side Home - cbs2chicago.com

Quote:

Police say no charges will be filed against the 80-year-old man, because he fired his gun in self-defense. The man and his wife, who is also in her 80s, were unharmed in the incident.
apparently despite Daleys bantering to press gun charges on the defenders of the home.:cool:

brandy 05-27-2010 11:47 PM

Wanna bet a steak dinner the "illegal gun"

(all handguns are in Chi-town) was taken by the police and is now in some cop's gun collection?:confused:

The most corrupt city in the USA is hardly "swinging our way"!

doctherock 05-28-2010 02:30 AM

Dont mess with a war veteran, hes killed before and same douche is no match. This guy should have a day named in his honor.

gorknoids 05-28-2010 03:41 AM

Suh-WEET! Not just defending his belongings and family, but toasting a dirtbag! "Excuse me, but I seem to have broken out in bullet holes and need to bleed to death right here".

Kimber45 05-28-2010 04:19 AM

God Bless him and see him though the Gates of Heaven.

pandamonium 05-28-2010 04:39 AM

One less badguy, about a million or so to go.

brandy 05-28-2010 07:09 PM

Now that he is unarmed and on the gang bangers radar his

trip to heaven may come quickly.

jackg 05-28-2010 07:24 PM

Why is it that all gun owners don't use the common sense this gentleman used?

Mack Bolan 05-28-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandy (Post 291346)
(all handguns are in Chi-town) was taken by the police and is now in some cop's gun collection?:confused:

The most corrupt city in the USA is hardly "swinging our way"!

Morton's, Lawry's or Ruth Chris's? :p

then again i did use the word leaning, and not "swinging" in order to not imply that the "perceived" momentum was significant.

my point was more related to the police going against Daley's wishes....

i have heard of what you mentioned happening through similar shady methods, and do not doubt that it occurs at all.

but i'd also be surprised if someone hasn't all ready retained McDonalds attorney for him (the home defender)too.

hell yeah we're the most corrupt city in the USA, we gotta be good at something other than avoiding a world series pennant-:eek:

if it was up to me, this is where the police should really use "dont ask, dont tell.", -on fellow law abiding gun owners:)

the police that do that kind of crap, like confiscating personal property under the table for themselves, those are the ones with the lack of character that will agree to "try" and confiscate peoples weapons when and if that day ever comes.

Mack Bolan 05-28-2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandy (Post 291824)
Now that he is unarmed and on the gang bangers radar his trip to heaven may come quickly.

i would tend to think someone willing to ignore the ordnance to begin with, would not follow it after saving his own life because he ignored it in the first place, but you raise a valid point -that any hardcore criminal would consider returning to commit some act of vengeance.

i wonder if the victim's(young dead bad guy) parents will try to file a wrongful death civil suit too, that would create an interesting neighborhood dynamic.