I Signed Barrack H. Obama Up For A Gift Membership To NRA - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > I Signed Barrack H. Obama Up For A Gift Membership To NRA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #11
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1100 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
AR-10 nice pro gun effort. But the facts are giving an NRA membership to a young person might insure another 50 years of NRA active members. The $20 bucks spent on anti gunners is a lost $20 dollars the NRA membership drive could actually use.
Purchased a Life membership for my wife, an Endowment membership for myself, (expanding on my life membership from decades ago) two other gift memberships for family members, along with the Obama membership. Recently passed two Certified Instructor classes. Me thinks the NRA good deeds of the month are pretty well covered.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Great... Now he can fight gun rights and claim to be an NRA member to justify it.
I wonder if NRA will say no to him, and refund my money?

Old 05-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #13

Liked 768 Times on 445 Posts
Likes Given: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
I signed Barack Hussein Obama up for a one year NRA gift membership, along with a monthly subscription to America's 1st. Freedom magazine. Sure hope he digs right into that magazine every month, just as eagerly as I do.

I have been pretty active lately with NRA.

Today I signed myself up as an Endowment member. Then I signed my wife's sister up as a one year gift membership, along with an additional membership for her significant other, girlfriend (the days we live in ). I had earlier signed my wife up for a lifetime membership as her 30th wedding anniversary gift (she does not care that much for pearls).

Along with all the other NRA activity, I became a Certified Instructor in CP & PPITH last weekend, and have signed up for more classes.

About an hour ago, I got a wild hair, and suddenly realized, while the NRA is holding their 142 annual convention this week / weekend in Houston, Texas, there is someone else I should sign up to be an NRA member.

Enjoy your NRA membership Mr. Obama!
Love it. If nothing else the constant appeals for money and the tons of junk mail will drive him crazy.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

People Like This 
Old 05-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #14

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

That my friend is freaking awesome!!!

All guns are created equal

Old 05-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #15

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle

Love it. If nothing else the constant appeals for money and the tons of junk mail will drive him crazy.
You mean what he considers everyones email.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 550 Times on 334 Posts
Likes Given: 229

You should try to give the president a call to let him know about the gift you gave him and that he should receive the magazine next month.

Oh, also don't forget to mention to him that you are planning to write that gift off on your taxes come next year

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

People Like This 
Old 05-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
You should try to give the president a call to let him know about the gift you gave him and that he should receive the magazine next month.

Oh, also don't forget to mention to him that you are planning to write that gift off on your taxes come next year
I think he gets a gift card. Maybe he will invite me to the White House!

Old 05-04-2013, 11:39 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 550 Times on 334 Posts
Likes Given: 229

I wouldn't count on that AR10. If he does, you might not want to go. I can imagine the frisking procedures might be slightly...... invasive

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 05-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #19
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2623 Times on 1282 Posts
Likes Given: 1308

AR10

That was right nice of you! And I hope he enjoys the America 1st Freedom magazine. That was a Great Idea!
I think I should possibly follow suit by sending him an additional book from Barnes & Noble entitled *Second Amendment for Dummies!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 05-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #20

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Two things wouldn't surprise me a bit here, one is I wouldn't be surprised if it were ignored and trashed as I'm sure you're not the first to do this. Second, I wouldn't be surprised if you received some sort of letter saying 'stop it or else' or something along these lines, anything 'they' can use as ammo against us.
The NRA, should automatically enroll presidents and other elected officials in DC IMO, but I'm sure that's against some sort of rule.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.