I propose this change to 2A... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > I propose this change to 2A...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2013, 12:38 AM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21641 Times on 12276 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

"Shall not be infringed" says volumes. means we should be able to own and possess any firearm of our choosing without hindrance from liberal gun haters and greedy politicians!

Old 10-25-2013, 12:48 AM   #12

Liked 2926 Times on 1741 Posts
Likes Given: 1958

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
Agreed.

I say leave it like it is, but with better education in schools and in from parents on what exactly the BoRs means.
i got a friend who is a social studies teacher and coach. and he be teachin the hell out of those BOR....he does a great job. it is happening in some places at least.

i always thought if i was gonna teach, it would be history. i hated history until i got to college and a few professors introduced me to some REAL history.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
"Shall not be infringed" says volumes. means we should be able to own and possess any firearm of our choosing without hindrance from liberal gun haters and greedy politicians!
well....i don't really want to start it....but "shall not be infringed is NOT the entire second amendment." its more debatable than it seems. i'm not saying it to argue, it just IS. but we have been doen that road before, so I WILL NOT say anything else about that.

but i agree with most everyone else here that the second amendment was put in place as a balance of power between the gov and the people....all i've ever read or understood from the founders makes this pretty much indisputable.

these days i might actually be more worried about the 5th amendment than the 2nd.....LEGAL indefinite detention of americans scares the ish out of me. i still don't get how the hell that happened????? i wish there was an organization of the NRA's strength to protect ALL of the BOR's.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:59 AM   #14
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7262 Times on 3960 Posts
Likes Given: 14746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

All of the people McCool? (Careful, this is a trick question)
All free men (and women.) Juveniles are not considered men or women.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-25-2013, 01:06 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
All free men (and women.) Juveniles are not considered men or women.
career violent criminals paroled out of our "justice" system are free men and women

(and sometimes not juveniles these days...)

Old 10-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
well....i don't really want to start it....but "shall not be infringed is NOT the entire second amendment." its more debatable than it seems. i'm not saying it to argue, it just IS. but we have been doen that road before, so I WILL NOT say anything else about that.

but i agree with most everyone else here that the second amendment was put in place as a balance of power between the gov and the people....all i've ever read or understood from the founders makes this pretty much indisputable.

these days i might actually be more worried about the 5th amendment than the 2nd.....LEGAL indefinite detention of americans scares the ish out of me. i still don't get how the hell that happened????? i wish there was an organization of the NRA's strength to protect ALL of the BOR's.
there is an organization. it's we the citizens voting those people out of office and voting in those who will abide by the Constitution like they are suppose to do.

and i agree, its only part of the 2nd, but IMO, the most important part of the 2nd. only those who want to declare it obsolete or outdated want to debate it's meaning. it means what the founding fathers wrote.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:10 AM   #17

upon more thought, i would just want the term "militia" removed from the 2nd....it confuses to many uninformed citizens who don't want to bother to research the history that will explain why the founders put the right to bear arms in the peoples bill of rights.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:17 AM   #18
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7262 Times on 3960 Posts
Likes Given: 14746

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy

career violent criminals paroled out of our "justice" system are free men and women
I do not agree with releasing a violent criminal who continues to pose a threat to society.
I also disagree with life sentences. If the sentence exceeds the reasonable life expectancy, why wait?

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

People Like This 
Old 10-25-2013, 01:26 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
I do not agree with releasing a violent criminal who continues to pose a threat to society.
I also disagree with life sentences. If the sentence exceeds the reasonable life expectancy, why wait?
IOW's using the death penalty. not them sitting around for 10-15 years before doing it.

i agree. if they have served their time, and are safe to release back into society, then they should afforded all their rights, including that to own and possess a firearm. if they aren't deemed safe enough to own and possess a firearm, then they need to be kept locked up. seems simple enough to me.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:35 AM   #20

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post

(and sometimes not juveniles these days...)

While on probation or parole you are not a free man. There are conditions to your release that you must adhere to or go back to the crossbar hotel.

But after fully released you are a free man. And that should be enough to live with the rights of any other free man.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This