I propose this change to 2A... - Page 12
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > I propose this change to 2A...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 05:46 PM   #111
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A
I agree 100% to this. Remove Boehner (sp) and put Cantor in his place. Then we might see a Speaker with a pair.
Or Cruz. He's got a pair.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:01 PM   #112
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1655 Times on 961 Posts
Likes Given: 4063

Cruz work on the other side of the building.

Good idea though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Or Cruz. He's got a pair.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 10-31-2013, 06:06 PM   #113
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A
Cruz work on the other side of the building. Good idea though.
Hey if we're dealing in hypotheticals we're dealing in hypotheticals. I was going for the pucker factor. Which is what the libs would be doing.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:10 PM   #114

Liked 270 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Leave it as it stands. I is "the people" who regulate that "militia."

The militia and people are two separate entities.

Bob Wright
TDS92A Likes This 
Old 10-31-2013, 08:47 PM   #115
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

As it is written there is a difference of opinion on what exactly it means. For that reason I suppose it could be made less open to interpretation. To me, the "People" and the "Militia" are two things, but a person can be both. The part that confuses people (or more directly the anti-gunners of any political leanings) is where it says "A well regulated militia". I must admit that this does make it sound as though a Militia must be an organized group, otherwise it would not by definition be "well regulated". :

The definition of Militia is some version of this:
Quote:
mi·li·tia (m-lsh)
n.
1. An army composed of ordinary citizens rather than professional soldiers.
2. A military force that is not part of a regular army and is subject to call for service in an emergency.
3. The whole body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service.
And the third definition is the one that we (I think all of us here) are prone to use. "Liberals", or rather the anti 2A crowd, seem to use a definition or their own that seems to put "Militia" in a category that would be synonymous to the National Guard. Or that is how it appears to me.

So, can a Person (because the 2A does not distinguish a Person (the People) from a Citizen, so non-citizens also have the Right to Bear Arms) by themselves be considered a part of the "Militia"? I say yes. I think that is where the anti 2A people get off the tracks.

It seems to me that one of the main causal factors in our collective confusion (as a nation mind you) is that we do not pay as much attention to the numerous times that the Supreme Court has reviewed the 2A and so therefore we do not have a clear and understandable way to explain how it has been interpreted by the SCOTUS. Part of this blame may be on the SCOTUS's shoulders, as their decisions may not be easy enough for the majority of us to understand.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:03 PM   #116

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The Constitution in its self is an outline. The history behind each amendment must be studied to understand the actual laws. The essays or Federalist papers are a "jurist" reference for court cases. These laws are grounded in a long history of of world Democratic experiments.

http://www.guncite.com/gc2ndpur.html