I propose this change to 2A...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > I propose this change to 2A...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2878 Times on 1662 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

Default I propose this change to 2A...

From this: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

To This: "Being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed. Being necessary to preserve the right of the people, the right of a well regulated Militia to keep and bear arms shalll not be infringed."

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #2
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7143 Times on 3910 Posts
Likes Given: 14453

I prefer shortening it to "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

People Like This 
Old 10-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I wouldn't trust the feds to make any change to the 2nd. They'd find some way to make the change sound like it is good and then slip it to us when they passed the change.

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 10-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #4

Liked 2194 Times on 1292 Posts
Likes Given: 475

The only way to make a change to the bill of rights would be a constitutional convention, and that opens the whole document to revision. I don't trust the current crop of "representatives" to have the peoples rights as their top priority if such an opportunity were to be given to them.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
I wouldn't trust the feds to make any change to the 2nd. They'd find some way to make the change sound like it is good and then slip it to us when they passed the change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc
The only way to make a change to the bill of rights would be a constitutional convention, and that opens the whole document to revision. I don't trust the current crop of "representatives" to have the peoples rights as their top priority if such an opportunity were to be given to them.
Agreed.

I say leave it like it is, but with better education in schools and from parents on what exactly the BoRs means.

Always have clean socks.

Last edited by JW357; 10-25-2013 at 03:25 AM.
People Like This 
Old 10-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #6
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
Agreed.

I say leave it like it is, but with better education in schools and in from parents on what exactly the BoRs means.
Yup, Just gotta tell them to get a 6th grade education and read it not read into it! Changing it now would not be wise. Theres really nothing wrong with it just the way it is. Simple and no fluff,.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #7
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1352 Times on 798 Posts
Likes Given: 3412

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the original writing of it. All the commas are in the right place.

All one has to do is read and comprehend...........well I guess that leaves the idiots in D.C. out of it.

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
People Like This 
Old 10-24-2013, 10:29 PM   #8

Liked 1453 Times on 881 Posts
Likes Given: 337

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
I prefer shortening it to "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
All of the people McCool? (Careful, this is a trick question)

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 10-24-2013, 11:16 PM   #9

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Agreed!!!!

Old 10-25-2013, 12:18 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 20 Posts

The definition of infringe is deep enough to make it hard on the liberals already....I believe the founders kept it short, sweet, and to the point to keep the nut jobs from twisting into oblivion. Because we have all seen what they're capable of to get around what they don't like. But Dan has a point....a well regulated militia will just be swatted down because we, the militia or whatever you deem it, will just look like terrorist in the liberals eyes. The excuse for them would be, a "so called" well regulated militia to secure a free state was not stated in the constitution. Consequently, they now have the ability to determine the definition of a "free state".