Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   I propose this change to 2A... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/i-propose-change-2a-99463/)

danf_fl 10-24-2013 05:29 PM

I propose this change to 2A...

From this: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

To This: "Being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed. Being necessary to preserve the right of the people, the right of a well regulated Militia to keep and bear arms shalll not be infringed."

MisterMcCool 10-24-2013 05:49 PM

I prefer shortening it to "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

mountainman13 10-24-2013 06:05 PM

I wouldn't trust the feds to make any change to the 2nd. They'd find some way to make the change sound like it is good and then slip it to us when they passed the change.

SSGN_Doc 10-24-2013 06:11 PM

The only way to make a change to the bill of rights would be a constitutional convention, and that opens the whole document to revision. I don't trust the current crop of "representatives" to have the peoples rights as their top priority if such an opportunity were to be given to them.

JW357 10-24-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13
I wouldn't trust the feds to make any change to the 2nd. They'd find some way to make the change sound like it is good and then slip it to us when they passed the change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc
The only way to make a change to the bill of rights would be a constitutional convention, and that opens the whole document to revision. I don't trust the current crop of "representatives" to have the peoples rights as their top priority if such an opportunity were to be given to them.

Agreed.

I say leave it like it is, but with better education in schools and from parents on what exactly the BoRs means.

WebleyFosbery38 10-24-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW357 (Post 1412072)
Agreed.

I say leave it like it is, but with better education in schools and in from parents on what exactly the BoRs means.

Yup, Just gotta tell them to get a 6th grade education and read it not read into it! Changing it now would not be wise. Theres really nothing wrong with it just the way it is. Simple and no fluff,.

TDS92A 10-24-2013 07:10 PM

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the original writing of it. All the commas are in the right place. :D

All one has to do is read and comprehend...........well I guess that leaves the idiots in D.C. out of it. :eek:

Chainfire 10-24-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool (Post 1411983)
I prefer shortening it to "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

All of the people McCool? (Careful, this is a trick question)

Warrior1256 10-24-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc (Post 1412010)

Agreed!!!!

myers1991 10-25-2013 12:18 AM

The definition of infringe is deep enough to make it hard on the liberals already....I believe the founders kept it short, sweet, and to the point to keep the nut jobs from twisting into oblivion. Because we have all seen what they're capable of to get around what they don't like. But Dan has a point....a well regulated militia will just be swatted down because we, the militia or whatever you deem it, will just look like terrorist in the liberals eyes. The excuse for them would be, a "so called" well regulated militia to secure a free state was not stated in the constitution. Consequently, they now have the ability to determine the definition of a "free state".